Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Style B" has won the art style vote!

SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
You're looking at the winning art style for our upcoming Stuff Pack!

2e8d2575-950f-478f-8b46-c84979e5de07.jpg

Voting was intense - but Style B edged out a win. While the image you see above already looks lovely, our concept artists have a lot of work ahead of them to create even more art before we get to the Objects & Clothing Vote that starts on May 18th. They'll be generating more room views, and many more pieces of clothing, to help create what you'll play with in this pack.

When the Objects & Clothing Vote starts, you'll be voting on your favorite individual assets to have them included in the pack. Let me explain how this will work...

For Objects, take a look at the room view shown above. We'll separate all of the objects in that room... the sink, the rug, the ottoman, the window, etc... and you'll vote for a certain number of them that you want to have included in the pack. There will be additional room views and objects drawn between now and May 18th so that you'll have a wider selection to choose from.

For Clothing, take a look at the woman in the image shown above. We'll separate all of the things that she's wearing... in that piece of concept art she has 1 full body asset (her dress), 1 necklace accessory, 2 bracelet accessories, 1 pair of socks, and 1 pair of shoes. If you want everything that she's wearing, you'd actually be voting for 6 different assets. You can see how those numbers can add up quickly, so it's important to consider how each piece that you vote for will add to your game. And again, you'll have many more pieces of clothing and accessories to select from by the time voting begins.

In the meantime, please continue sharing your thoughts on this project here in the forums. We'll jump in with updates on our progress, as well as participating in many of the exciting discussions that are taking place!

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Aww, shame!! I'm sure you will make it look good :) not sure I'll buy now but still happy you let us vote :sweat_smile:
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Noooooo! I was hoping for style A... :'(
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Well I am excited for it! Are we getting a light switch too? It is in the picture....lol! I had CC ones in the sims2 I loved them.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

Good! I'm glad this won! I feel like the modern style is overused.
    Good! I'm glad this won! I feel like the modern style is overused.

We can never have too much! Alot of the modern stuff don't have nice swatches. Would have been lovely to have more options :) not really looking to make my sims working class at the moment!! Maybe in the future.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    Yay! Style A reminded me so much of spa day. I'm glad that this SP will add more diversity to CAS and build mode.
    How will we be able to disable the farmer clothes being used in the random outfits of NPC's? I think it would really clash with our current content, don't want my Sims walking around in a sleek dress and farmers boots aha!!!

Simmer since 2009
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Yay!! Style B! :)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Sounds like the voting will get more intense next time around. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • RacodyRacody Posts: 15 Member
    I loved the B style! But I ask the producers that if you add Washing Machine in this Stuff Pack, they add a rustic and a modern version for it, to fit in all the houses! Please! :*
  • ColieMoonColieMoon Posts: 2 New Member
    While I love style B, I and others would have preferred both of the styles.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Yay! I can't wait to vote again I foresee a lot of hard voting choices though!
  • QueenSimmer433QueenSimmer433 Posts: 13 New Member
    WASHER AND DRYER PLEASE (one less mordern and one mordern)
  • SimAbraoSimAbrao Posts: 3 New Member
    @SimGuruGraham Now that style B won, will you maybe use art style A in the future for another pack?
    Racody wrote: »
    I loved the B style! But I ask the producers that if you add Washing Machine in this Stuff Pack, they add a rustic and a modern version for it, to fit in all the houses! Please! :*

Yes, please! I usually build modern houses and using a rustic washing machine/dryer would look so out of place.
    @SimGuruGraham
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm happy! My favourite parts of that outfit are her necklace and the dress. I bet voting will be insanely hard.
  • simguyssimguys Posts: 62 Member
    Great, love it .
    My Spanish Website Simlish 4 \ My Twitter @Simlish4
    bSCAxNF.png
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While had voted for Style A, I knew that B would win regrettably...
    That makes me 2 for 2 now in regards to voting for the loosing option(s). At least, this style looks like it may match the Boho Style of furniture that came with the Movie Hangout SP; which currently I never use. So, maybe with these two packs together, I can make matching hipster house.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I liked them both but did vote for B.

I hope everyone has the luck to vote for a winner in time. It does cheer you up!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    @SimGuruGraham I have a question so can style A I mean the furniture only like some of the furniture still be incorporated in the game? Especially the washer and dryer and the controller looking thing by the door or no?
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I liked them both but did vote for B.

I hope everyone has the luck to vote for a winner in time. It does cheer you up!

Well, I voted for style A but at least the theme that I voted for in the first poll (Eco Living) won.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham I have a question so can style A I mean the furniture only like some of the furniture still be incorporated in the game? Especially the washer and dryer and the controller looking thing by the door or no?
    There's no washer and dryer in pic A. I think you're looking at the laundry baskets?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top