Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO Laundry

Yes, I'm willing to talk about laundry, if we put it in a properly eco friendly context.

Starting with eco friendly washing machines... Or in this case Ultra-eco friendly, manual powered washing machines. There is nothing more eco friendly than elbow grease.

mc_w050_4.jpg

73de267b8105623247459946f1ec4f72.jpg

1st+Washing+Mc.jpg

companion_ezywash.jpg

c945aa598dc8ce6b1d5b8b76d90d6943.jpg

yirego_personal_washing_machine_j.jpg.662x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

indra-washing-machine.jpeg

The-Bike-Washing-Machine.jpg

The last four have a nice, sleak modern look to them, yet you still don't need to plug them in.

Another upside to manual washing machines is that they're a great way to get a workout.

Eco Driers.
This is the aussie classic known as the Hills Hoist
1939eb5d786a92de51b240505ababccf.jpg

It's been around for a while
1946-b2_hoist.jpg

The best thing ever in your back yard
hills_hoist_3.jpg?1344993132

It got modernised
534e1550e8f39ebd94d5028e7407aab7.jpg

And made foldable, and totally removable
103-hills-r-8.jpg

There's also the old fashioned single line
09370a4268d06db8ca9bbd4c68aeea0f.jpg

The multi line type we had in TS3
58f46a0d54223969cffbb564c1c9b14d.jpg

The folding line (this sort, and it's wall mounted variation have become popular in Australia, as newer homes often have smaller back yards)
addaline33%20sml.jpg
pic1_1.jpg
fold-down_compact-wall-mount.jpg

And for indoors, there's the clothes horse
47abfba1-4640-4b00-94b4-4a0af2dea2e7.jpg

I have one like this that I use in winter
$_35.JPG

This design is scary
Clothes-Horse-by-Aaron-Dunkerton_dezeen_4sq.jpg

So, Eco FRIENDLY laundry ideas. What have you got?
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like the idea of hanging laundry outside. I'm not sure about the kids spinning on the drier, I thought of it myself too, but the amount of animations that and the actual hanging would take make me hesitant. Maybe it's not as much as I imagine? It definitely would make laundry more fun! When it comes to eco friendly washing I feel that the option to do it in a sink would suffice. I really loved both of those sinks in the concept art and think they would be well suited for doing laundry. Because laundry machine doesn't fit this pack, it would be a handy solution to patch it in and leave this pack for things such as hanging laundry outside, making soap or even something not related to laundry.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    or you could do what we do sometimes where I live. You know those flag poles that people attach to their homes? Sometimes we hang our clothes across the flag pole bar. At least that way they are easy to get to, and you don't have to leave your porch. Who says you can't have an indoor clothesline either? We've done that before, when it rains. You just put a hook in the wall on one side and a hook on the other. Then you string your line. It's not like you don't wring out most of the water, before you hang them up anyway.