Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your worst Simming habit?

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I also have a severe CAS addiction. Sometimes I forget there's a game beyond CAS and I make far too many sims that I will never ever use, ever. Sometimes I'll spend like 5 minutes in game with them before I just abandon them around town.... or quit without saving so they just sit in my bin doing absolutely nothing. And often enough, I get so fed up that the sim isn't turning out right, or looks too much like all my other sims that after an hour or two in CAS I just quit leaving literally nothing to show for all my time.

Also that I basically only make female sims. Because I suck at making male sims (with very very few exceptions). Because I won't make any as practice, because I suck at it.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2017
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I also have a severe CAS addiction. Sometimes I forget there's a game beyond CAS and I make far too many sims that I will never ever use, ever. Sometimes I'll spend like 5 minutes in game with them before I just abandon them around town.... or quit without saving so they just sit in my bin doing absolutely nothing. And often enough, I get so fed up that the sim isn't turning out right, or looks too much like all my other sims that after an hour or two in CAS I just quit leaving literally nothing to show for all my time.

Also that I basically only make female sims. Because I suck at making male sims (with very very few exceptions). Because I won't make any as practice, because I suck at it.

I'm the opposite. I'm more addicted to building than cas. But I have a tendency to prefer playing with males and making more of them than females. Granted, they're a bit anime as you might be able to tell from my avatar, but I've never run into the issue where I feel they all look alike. I do, however, run into the issue where I feel my builds are far too similar.

I point the finger at myself for that issue.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Wasting an hour or two in CAS then a few days in build-mode only to never play the household after that.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited April 2017
    I just noticed something else tonight during one of my games that I tend to do nearly all the time -

Having my female Sims cheat with other female Sims... To be honest, I don't have any problems with g/les type storylines. It's not MY (RL) lifestyle, but I do have friends that live it.

I do the opposite~ my dude sims usually sneak around with other dudes behind their wives' backs.

Only one of my lgbtq+ sims was female, and that was in an old legacy save from, like, 2008. But the dudes... Cyd Serverus (UL)/Matthew Hamming (LN) is my favourite couple. For some reason, I can't see Mr. Serverus as being entirely straight, so he usually ends up cheating on his wife or girlfriend (if I give him one) with a dude because I think he and said dude are much cuter together lol.

Like you, I'm not that way inclined... but isn't the whole point of an RPG (which some could say this is) to be someone other than yourself?

@dreamerz13 yes, the struggle is real!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Getting bored and moving on to my sims offspring rather than playing them through to the end of their lives but I plan to change that with Phil Short (my sim) and his wife Blair Wainright; once the offspring are out the house and they have become elders I plan on making them rebel swingers, it should be fun having them start protests and harassing sims plus having a bit of extra marital love on the side , that should break my safe and happy play style.

I also have the habit of playing my sims life depending on what I feel like building, Phil and Blairs youngest daughter is going to become a farmer because it is a while since I built a farm.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have one pre-made sim from years ago that I constantly reuse because I am to lazy to make new ones in CAS. Therefore all of My Sims look very similar (if not the same)
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

It´s the same with me :) I once created me, my sister and mother but forgot to make my dad aswell :) I´m still playing without him... :D:D
    Post edited by LadyMarmelade01 on
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I Usually Play On One Save Game, Sometimes I Switch Between 2 Or 3, But Either Way, 90% Of My Save Games Contain The Same Sim OR One Of The Sims From My Main Save Game. And Those Sims In The Main One Are All Part Of A Family I Made Up Outside Of Sims.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited April 2017
    Minx11 wrote: »
    I Usually Play On One Save Game, Sometimes I Switch Between 2 Or 3, But Either Way, 90% Of My Save Games Contain The Same Sim OR One Of The Sims From My Main Save Game. And Those Sims In The Main One Are All Part Of A Family I Made Up Outside Of Sims.
    Oh It's The Same For Me, But I Don't See It As A Bad Thing.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    I have a nasty habit of starting new games. I get so far and then decide I want to play a new family and never end up getting more than 2 generations.

I do this as well, and I hate it. I don't know why I do it, but I don't think it's boredom.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    To procrastinate my chores just until my sim fullfills his wish. okay all his wishes. okay just until the sim week is over. okay just until he'll be in a steady relationship with the other sim I'm tryring to set him up with for a long time. I mean, I can't stop the story in the middle, right? real life can wait, important stuff are happening to my sim!
  • SumpsychochicSumpsychochic Posts: 29 Member
    I have a really bad habit of starting a new save everytime I stop playing for a week or so and then start the game again. I've only made it to gen 3 in a family before and I always want to go further but instead just create a new family instead.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I have quite a few.

I chain smoke when playing because I forget I started one. I start the dishes but forget to finish them. I stay up too late. I obsess over the game when I'm not playing it and think about it when I'm trying to sleep. Projects I plan on are often pushed to the back burner in favour of playing this game.

Every sim gardens and makes nectar at some point. Every family must have a minimum of 2 boys before I'll let the parents age--this can lead to some outrageously large families. Every colour in every household must be a specific colour with a contrasting colour at the other end of the spectrum related to the sim's favourite colours. If they're married or living with someone, it becomes more complex. They always eat their favourite food for dinner. I keep obsessive logbooks and databases outside of the game to keep track of far too many details.

I'm often not sure if I'm playing for fun or for business. I often wonder if there's an anonymous group I can join to help me fight my addiction. SA? (Simmers Anonymous)? But would I ever admit to such a problem if it were meant to discourage me from playing? Most likely not. I don't want to quit.

Not yet.
    WOW, dude. That's all I can say to that :D

Another of my bad habits, which really really annoys my family - I start cooking the dinner and then go back on my game while I wait for the food to be ready... yep, you guessed it, I forget about the food and only remember I was cooking dinner when I smell something burning. Black pizza is my speciality :D
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Playing all frigging day!! I've taken to setting a timer to limit my time. :o
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't see this as a bad habit, just my play style, but I love to keep my sims happy! Unhappy sims make me unhappy. I grant nearly all their wishes and make sure all their meals are perfect quality and that their environment gives them good moodlets. I don't play for realism - I have lived nearly 60 years of real life and don't need more of that in my game.

I wouldn't even consider the amount of time I spend playing as a bad habit because I have plenty of time and it keeps me amused. Nor would I consider the amount of time I spend paused looking for the perfect facial expression to capture a bad habit.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't believe I have any bad habits where the game is concerned. On the other hand, the amount of time I spend on the forum could be considered a bad habit ;)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I usually build my garages in my cut-out basement and by the time I make a basement-garage large enough to accommodate my 3 cars, the 1st floor of the house is so massive, I don't know what to do with the space.
  • jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    i control my sims way too much, when they try to do stuff by their own well i'm like "aww" but then i stop them to make do whatever i want them to do >_< i keep pausing a lot to focus and see what's going lol i really need to stop and let do things on their own
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    Constantly pressing the skip buttons :P And also getting motivated to start a challenge, then completely giving up on it.

haha me too. i start a challenge then i nope and go back to my usual legacy gameplay or whatever i want
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    playing to long
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have many of the same bad habits that others have mentioned.

Lately I've been very restless starting games and then not getting very far before moving one to another idea/game.

Recently I have been playing several games in Salmon Woods. I modified the town, bulldozing some community lots, replacing some and modifying all the rest, even if just a little. I've modified every residential lot, replacing some and created some additional residential lots. I've populated the town by adding many of my older households with adults and children and created quite a few young adult singles.

I started a game with Marie Melton. She got cursed and turned into an elder. She learned how to make the young again potion. I decided to play a new household by moving a single sim in with her and then moving her in with her boyfriend. Got bored after a few sim days so started another game by moving a sim, Andrea Blake, into the household and deleting the occupant. Then started a game with 3 sims, Jacklyn, Franco and Jason, by moving them in with Andrea and then deleting her. Played that awhile and then went back to the game with Andrea. Have started 2 extra games branching off of that one.

Now I'm thinking of trying a small to medium deserted island world with 10 males and 10 females. They are shipwrecked from a singles cruise. I can't seem to play one story/game for more that a week.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • AddieOliviaAddieOlivia Posts: 29 New Member
    I get over obsessed with one cc hair and put that on all my sims. I also almost always kill my spouse. I think I have a problem. :/...
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I have many of the same bad habits that others have mentioned.

Lately I've been very restless starting games and then not getting very far before moving one to another idea/game.

Recently I have been playing several games in Salmon Woods. I modified the town, bulldozing some community lots, replacing some and modifying all the rest, even if just a little. I've modified every residential lot, replacing some and created some additional residential lots. I've populated the town by adding many of my older households with adults and children and created quite a few young adult singles.

I started a game with Marie Melton. She got cursed and turned into an elder. She learned how to make the young again potion. I decided to play a new household by moving a single sim in with her and then moving her in with her boyfriend. Got bored after a few sim days so started another game by moving a sim, Andrea Blake, into the household and deleting the occupant. Then started a game with 3 sims, Jacklyn, Franco and Jason, by moving them in with Andrea and then deleting her. Played that awhile and then went back to the game with Andrea. Have started 2 extra games branching off of that one.

Now I'm thinking of trying a small to medium deserted island world with 10 males and 10 females. They are shipwrecked from a singles cruise. I can't seem to play one story/game for more that a week.
    Hey, perhaps a stupid question, but which font did you use on the "The Girl Who Cried Wolf" text in your signature?

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Despite having my Sims on "High Free Will", I'm always micromanaging my Sims. The "Pause" button is my best friend...

I do this waaaaaay too much. I constantly pause and unpause my game to micromanager everytrhing.

I just realized another I do. I start up alot of households or create house holds with a great idea in mind.... and then forget about them. I'm ADD, so maybe thats part of it.

Oml, same. I just don't like them standing awkwardly around. Blehh
    Probably mine is using the same stories and ideas over and over.
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Not micromanaging your game is so hard, especially if you have a computer in their house because they'll just play games all day and do nothing.

Kind of like me. :D
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    CC hair, CC skin and micromanaging the game and making sure how I want it to end.

But that's only to the Sims I really like if I'm playing on a different save I just try to play normally even if I'm biting my tongue watching the Sims doing there own thing that is hard micromanaging is a must.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I kind of forget I need to eat... or pee... :o Luckily I usually only play on weekends, so I don't starve to death, lol!
    NymlADp.jpg