Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stormwind Reborn! Update 28 May 2017

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
AllianceBan2.png

I want to thank @mzneneprecious @RRArtie @bekkasan @Hidehi for giving me a swift kick in the tail section and get me back into CAW. Although I still hate 1.69 with a passion I have discovered a few things about it while trying to build the water plane tutorial.

1. Although store items do not show up in CAW they are still present and will save with the world as you build. I did several test runs and found that when I use store items on a lot in game and bring that lot into CAW, exported the world to the game, the store items are all present.
2. Working in CAW I could relax and clear my head, which is something I have missed these last couple of months.
3. I just enjoyed it way to much to leave.
4. And finally I hate to leave something unfinished.

So I went into Elwynn Forest, exported the heightmap, terrain paints, and water planes and have reworked stormwind with the help of the recolored walls from Volvenom (link added in the next post) I am back working on Stormwind!

Just want to show a couple of changes that has been made so far:

The old front gate
Screenshot-52.jpg

The new version:
Screenshot_7.jpg

Other changes:
Keep:
Screenshot-2_11.jpg

Harbor area:
Screenshot-3_10.jpg

Northshire gate:
Screenshot-12_5.jpg

And an overview:
Screenshot-9_4.jpg

Now do not get too excited, I am on spring break so I have time to work on this but as I get back to school my time will be limited. Here is a link to the old thread: Stormwind and Elwynn Forest

I have felt much better these past three days working to get the world back to this point and I hope that this feeling does continue..........
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by flstrider on

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited March 2017
    Reserved for world details

Thanks to Galina for making the WA France retaining walls you can download them at Gleina's Sims 3 Blog.

Thanks to Volvenom and the recolor of the Monte Vista walls!!! find them here: Monte Vista Wall Recolor
    NewSig.jpg

edited March 2017
    Reserved for additional info
    NewSig.jpg

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Oh this is great! Glad to see you back, with whatever time you have to spare!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @flstrider I think it is great you found a way to get back into something that you enjoy and do so very well. I hope your spring break is loads of fun for you and you can start your schooling refreshed. Hope you will have time to share on occasion. I love watching you build. :)
    edited March 2017
    Thanks all! I am finding the bug again and it feels pretty good right now.

So no new updates to really talk about today, I have been reworking all the waterfalls and placing the lots back in. And totally forgot about how many dozens of trees I need to plant, so working on that as well. When I get this version back up to where the old version was I will get some pictures up.
    NewSig.jpg

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Welcome back even if it's for a limited time for the time being... :) I'm so glad that you finally figured out how to use CAW with that dreaded 1.69 patch. Can't wait to see what else you get done while on your break... :)
    @lisasc360 Thank you feels pretty good to be back

Still have a TON of trees to plant and two waterfalls to complete to get this version back to where the old one was but I thought I would give you an overview of Elwynn with most of the locations labeled.

New%20Elwynn.jpg

And the Warcraft map
    ElwynnSm.jpg

More as the progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2017
    "drools" I'll be glad when this one gets finished been looking for one like this :)
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    Not much to update, first week back to class after spring break and have two mid-term exams to take, welcome back!

Did take a few moments to add one waterfall some trees, and the mage overlook lot. Still have a GINORMOUS amount of trees to still add, will update more when I can

Elwynn2.jpg
    Elwynn3.jpg
    NewSig.jpg

• Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Glad to see you back in the saddle again.
    @Greenb70 Thanks, I really did miss working in CAW

Still planting the 18 million trees (a slight exaggeration....but not by much...lol) in Elwynn Forest but I thought I would show the "Thunder Falls" area behind Northshire as this area is almost complete:

Upper Falls:
    Thunder%20Falls.jpg

Lower falls:
    Thunder%20Falls2.jpg

Have a long way to go to get this world back to where it was but the progress is continuing! Once the trees have been placed throughout the mountain area I will be back to the original.

More as the build continues......
    NewSig.jpg

Still planting trees in the Mountain areas, but wanted to give everyone a quick update to show where I am at. If you look at the label map above, I have almost completed everything from Northshire back through Stormwind and Westbrook Garrison.

The Goldshire / Northshire area with lot labels:
    Elwynn4.jpg

School is still the priority so that is why to build is going a bit slower than usual. I will update again when I can
    NewSig.jpg

• Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    This world is beautiful, you are doing a great job with every update. There will be free time for you to continue with this masterpiece.
    edited April 2017
    Thank you so very much! I hope there is free time to continue, I really try to use this as breaks from my studies.

I need to thank @Kementari and @Lissykin from the DNA build team for this wonderful recreation of the Lion' Pride Inn located in Goldshire. Kementari recreated the interior of the inn perfectly and Lissykin finished the build doing the final touch-ups and landscaping. All I can say is WoW!!!

Screenshot-14_4.jpg
    Screenshot-15_5.jpg
    Screenshot-16_4.jpg

And the reason I say WoW!
    from Warcraft:
    LP%20main5.jpg

and Kementari's recreation:
    Screenshot-17_4.jpg

Still planting trees throughout the mountain areas of Elwynn but almost complete should not be too much longer until this world is back to where it was in the original build. More updates as I get the opportunity......
    NewSig.jpg

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    WoW indeed! I love what you're creating, and will be watching for your updates. No pressure though! It's supposed to be fun, right?! lol ;) Thank you for dedicating so much time to this. It really is amazing. :)
    Thanks @Lissykin You and Kem did an AWESOME job on the inn!!!

Finally got some time to finish planting all of the trees in the mountain area so the world is finally back to where it was before. I will be importing this into the game to start on some more lots inside Stormwind and to give myself a break from trees for a while...lol! Still a VERY long way to go

Elwynn5.jpg

More as the slow progress continues!
    NewSig.jpg

Just to keep everyone updated, it is down to crunch time in school, 3 papers and 3 presentations to do so please forgive me but I need to delay this for a bit. I will continue to work on it if time permits, but school comes first hope everyone understands
    NewSig.jpg

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Good luck with your school papers!

I'm just glad you didn't give up on CAW and this world, it truly looks awesome so far! I know you'll get back to it when you schedule allows. :smiley:
    Thanks @tammyjo329 I am glad I did not give up on it either this world has been a life-saver....LOL

OK one paper and one presentation down two more papers and 2 more presentations left to finish, 23 days left then I walk! Graduation cannot come soon enough! Nothing new to update except to say that I imported the new world into the game and everything looks to be good, so far. Have not run a full test yet should have time this weekend to do that.

More as the SLOW progress continues
    NewSig.jpg

Finally finished school!!! I R SKEWLHOWZED!!!!!! LOL! Back to work on Stormwind and getting the shells started in the "Old Town" District. Here is the progress so far:

Screenshot-20_3.jpg
    Screenshot-18_4.jpg
    Screenshot-19_1.jpg
    Screenshot-21_2.jpg

Checked all the bridges and all are good, did a little running around with tester sim and so far world seems to be working well for mot having any finished lots, but will continue to test as I complete each section. More to come.............
    NewSig.jpg

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

@flstrider congrats on finishing school! .... Stormwind's Old Town District is looking fabulous already!!! :) x
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi Flstrider! congrats on finishing school!

Love the new update pics!