Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rhodes Legacy

Comments

• thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I love them so much! Is Jaylen a townie of yours? He's adorable!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited March 2017
    @thejennifer Thanks! Glad to hear that you're still enjoying Cliff and Jaylen's story. In addition to Cliff, when I was creating and populating Newcrest, I also made four other families. I also made sure that each family had at least one possible spouse for him as well. I just wasn't sure which sim would be the lucky one until I started playing.

Originally, Jaylen lived with his sister, Chelsea. She'll start to show up every now and again since lives within the same neighborhood. :)
    Post edited by Jase on
    Jase wrote: »
    @thejennifer Thanks! Glad to hear that you're still enjoying Cliff and Jayden's story. In addition to Cliff, when I was creating and populating Newcrest, I also made four other families. I also made sure that each family had at least one possible spouse for him as well. I just wasn't sure which sim would be the lucky one until I started playing.

Originally, Jayden lived with his sister, Chelsea. She'll start to show up every now and again since lives within the same neighborhood. :)

Oh, okay! He's so cute. I'm excited to see their relationship blossom! I'm such a hopeless romantic. :lol:
    edited November 2019
    9OoXdGK.jpg
    yrWo1lF.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

It was a sunny and breezy afternoon; which made the train ride to Oasis Springs even more enjoyable. I had heard the Lost Gardens of Healing were beautiful, but I had no idea that it would be this nice… this is going to be perfect!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    OTuAwr5.jpg
    axwqhS9.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

After strolling through most of the gardens together, I finally found the perfect spot. It was semi-secluded from the rest of the park and still surrounded by flowers and trees.

I’m pretty sure that Jaylen knows how I feel, but I went ahead and declared my love once more. I hope the Romance Guru was right… here goes everything.

*Gulp*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    vobruYO.jpg
    XNKMHee.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Jaylen, will you do me the honor of marrying me and being my husband for the rest of our sim lives?”

“Yes, Cliff! I do! Definitely, I do!”

“I love you!”

“I love you too!”

**Kiss**
    Post edited by Jase on
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! So cute! (claps)
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
    @thejennifer Yeah, I agree! Jaylen did turn out super cute. I can't wait to see what their kid(s) will look like. I hope this last update lived up to your expectations. I'm not that great with writing romantic dialogue and rewrote it a couple times.

@Crzydramaqueen Thank you! I really hope the last chapters didn't come off way too cheesy. I tried to make sound a bit casual, but sweet still. I thought the garden was the perfect spot for a proposal though. :)
    @Jase I love cheesy! <3
    It was super cute! I love them so much, my heart is singing! <3:lol: Ahh! I'm so happy after reading this, perfect way to end my night, thank you!
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hey! I've been reading your story and I'm enjoying it so much! :smiley: Cliff and Jaylen are so awe-SIM together and I'm so happy that they're going to get married! So adorable. :blush:

I have this bookmarked and I look forward to the future updates! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    @Crzydramaqueen Good to hear! Cheesy is right up my alley in terms of writing style. :)

@thejennifer Your very welcome! It makes me super happy too, when I hear that my sims and their story are enjoyed so much! :)

@Simslover163 Thank you for the kind words! It makes me smile every time when I hear that my story is being so well received! :)
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Just came across your story and wanted to let you know it is so very cute. :)
    @Linzz Thanks!! I hope you continue to enjoy it. :)
    edited November 2019
    NvW4qW9.jpg
    atajlRL.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We were both so excited about getting married that we wanted to get married the next day; however, decided to wait a few days. That way, we had time to invite our friends and family to the wedding.

Since I don’t have any surviving sim family around, it was great to finally meet Jaylen’s sister, Chelsea. She’s super sweet and almost as beautiful as her brother.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    pVEZ0m1.jpg
    Vl8wIt1.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Things are a bit tight finance wise still. So, we opted to have an intimate ceremony in our backyard  with just a few close friends and family.  This way, we could afford a short honeymoon in Windenburg.

The ceremony was beautiful and I’m surprised that so many of my co-workers from the hospital came!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    9wuyfhe.jpg
    SFu9nSN.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

I still can’t believe what an awesome night we had with our guests. We ate and drank the night away!

Jaylen and I were shocked by the generosity of our friends, we received some VERY nice weddings presents.  We can probably cook anything we want, now that our kitchen is decked out in state-of-the-art appliances!

Afterwards, we had a couple hours before we had to catch our flight. So, we decided to start the honeymoon a bit early!
    Post edited by Jase on
    Yay! I'm guessing this means baby are on the way soon :wink: And Chelsea is beautiful!
    @thejennifer Maybe? ;)
    BABEHS!!!
    edited November 2019
    Fau1dpV.jpg
    zreThrg.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Our plane got us into Windenburg a lot later than expected that night. Plus, the taxi dropped us off in the Modern District instead of the Old Town District. So, we took a tram to the Old Town part of the city and started exploring.

First, we enjoyed some drinks and chatted with locals at one of the local Pubs. Afterwards, we joined in a few games of foosball and darts.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    p5PHVRT.jpg
    7GGKZeX.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

The locals told us about a bonfire event that was being held that night at the local ruins. After the Pub shutdown, we decided to check it out and I was surprised at just how romantic the atmosphere there was.

Later that night, we explored the Von Haunt Estate’s gardens. It was quite beautiful, but in the same aspect a little bit on the creepy side. It was super quiet and hard to see due the fog. While I know it was just me and Jaylen, I couldn’t help but feel that we were being watched the whole time. *chills*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    MjWHg2b.jpg
    UBbbLLv.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

The next morning, we decided to visit the bluffs. That’s where the city’s Natural Pool is and we heard it’s quite the spot to see. So, we went super early in the morning because it doesn’t get full of people until later in the afternoon.

Since we were the only ones there, we also decided to swim “al naturale”. *naughty grin*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    qMt8P4P.jpg
    hkVMuNB.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

I’m still not 100% what got into me that day. Maybe it was natural setting, the crisp air, or that Jaylen was egging me on. But I decided to high dive into the pool buck naked.

The impact stung a bit, but I think that I nailed it!   *smile*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    CYdxiP4.jpg
    5gb5fjS.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

As the morning went on, the relaxing mood changed and things got quite a bit more “steamy”. Honestly, this really shouldn’t have came at a surprise to either of us.

Come on... we’re two newly weds in our birthday suits that are in a secluded area, and on a small island on our honeymoon.

Hmmmm... *arched eyebrow*
    Post edited by Jase on