Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    Hello to all avid Sims 3 collectors :)
    My name is Lilrosaleen and I am new to the gifting directory.
    After recently rediscovering Sims 3 allover again, my favorite items in the sims 3 store are:
    1. Tea Time in Disguise Table Lamp - 35 SimPoints
    2. George and Harriet - 30 SimPoints
    3. Corn Stew Pot - 25 SimPoints
    4. Kerosene Flower Lamp - 30 SimPoints
    5. Piece of Paradise Fan Palms - 27 SimPoints
    Unfortunately I am unable to post links currently.

You're gonna need a new Top 5 list. Such a modestly priced wishlist list is B) refreshing & I'm happy to oblige.

Here's a direct link to your Wishlist:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=lilrosaleen
  • lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    You're gonna need a new Top 5 list. Such a modestly priced wishlist list is B) refreshing & I'm happy to oblige.

Speechless! :) Thank you so much for your kind generosity, Dusty_Boots.

Speechless! :) Thank you so much for your kind generosity, Dusty_Boots.

You're so very welcome! The ads are fairly scarce for myself & many others, so inexpensive items are totally do-able while the big stuff is a whole lot tougher to accommodate. It may take time but many small items *can* eventually add up to some very nice discounts and even freebies. It takes patience & planning, luck with those bonus simpoint ads and many late night DD sales. But I've seen plenty of simmers who 'own the store' for free or really really cheap! Good luck :)
  • bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Hello friendly simmers :) I have updated my wish list here : http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=bps3

Happy simming!!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Updated Top 5 here.

I recently snagged the Atomic Age Living set for 65 simpoints when it showed on the Daily Deals. Also, thank you @Kitiara for The Shaggy Look for Boys! :love:<3
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    @Nomiko13 That´s awesome! Congratulation :) And thanks again for gifting!!! You´re so adorable <3
    @LadyMarmelade01 you're so welcome. Thank goodness it sent! I've tried gifting a few others on here but according to my purchase history, they didn't send through... ugh I spent over 100 sp from ads. Awww, thank you for giving me one of my top five's (Triple Band Shirt and Leggings)! It'll lower my CYS for Mother Russia :D

Top 5 updated here <3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Thank you @Nomiko13 for The Shaggy Look For Toddlers and Once Upon a Time Cottage- Treats for Granny Sculpture. I adore all the furniture in the once upon a time cottage collection. Updating my top five now.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    @Breazona Thank goodness they sent! And you're welcome! :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Seems like it's finally getting a bit more lively in here again. :smiley: I haven't farmed any simpoints recently but will have to take a short break from gifting others, so I can finally get the last few MMAO exclusives, since one can't be gifted those :smile:

Haven't seen our ninja @charlotteprice around, are you still with us? :wink:

Edit: I'm like 11 days late but I just saw that my "Barrier To Entry System" mod is finally up and running on MTS. If anybody is interested, you can get it here.
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @lauravonawesome & @Jahnna

Huh, that's super strange! When I didn't own Bohemian Garden & Old Mill yet, I was able to put all items on my wishlist individually. I also remember gifting people the items one by one. So the fact that they're not for sale individually & that the CYS discount sometimes doesn't apply must be a new thing... that's a real shame :( Especially if you want just one or two items, like you said. (I'm not from the USA either, btw - I'm Dutch :) )
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @lauravonawesome & @Jahnna

Huh, that's super strange! When I didn't own Bohemian Garden & Old Mill yet, I was able to put all items on my wishlist individually. I also remember gifting people the items one by one. So the fact that they're not for sale individually & that the CYS discount sometimes doesn't apply must be a new thing... that's a real shame :( Especially if you want just one or two items, like you said. (I'm not from the USA either, btw - I'm Dutch :) )

yeah i could've sworn that was an option at one time... started thinking maybe i had imagined it, but apparently not.

if that ever does become an option again, i'll update my top 5. but for now, i guess i will leave it as is.

thanks for all the help & will definitely pay it forward when i can. ;)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @lauravonawesome You're welcome! Brunch at the Old Mill, Bohemian Garden and Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes can all be split up into individual items, actually. If you go to the set, just click the first few items, and add those to your wishlist instead :) So, with your new top 5, you'll already get a discount on Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes! You could always leave The Boardwalk and the Carousel set on there as well, in case someone has some more SP to spend. Hope that helps.

@MariTomKaulitZ Really? Maybe I'm missing something, since Lullabies was the only set of those 5 that I was able to split.

When I click on one of the other sets (ie Old Mill), then on an item from it (tea set), it still tells me that it's "currently not available for individual sale"... Is it because I already have the set on my wishlist, or is it region-locked?

(just curious, since I don't live in the US and maybe the items in those sets aren't available separately here)

Thanks for all the tips though~ you are the best!

They do that with some items to force people to buy the whole sets. For a very short time a few years ago I remember some kids things from the "Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center" where available for individual sale but after that never again and you was always forced to buy the whole set. Often the CYS discount also doesn't apply to those and other sets so you need to buy or be gifted the whole thing.

I just want to add that although the Brunch at the Old Mill is CYS there are 3 premium items that cannot be purchased individually. That's a lot of hidden SPs that count toward the CYS. When I gift (and sadly I'm running low on gifting points) I'd rather see the entire set on someone's list than the individual items, which can only lower your CYS so far. Again, that is for this set due to the value of the 3 premium items. Which is sad because it is CYS.

PS: I just calculated the cost/CYS. If all the available items were gifted (26 pieces) it would cost the gifter(s) 650 points. This would reduce the CYS 585 points to 945 SP. Still a hefty price for someone struggling to get the content they want. Like I said, when I am gifting, I'd rather just give someone the whole set.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited April 2017
    @MariTomKaulitZ thank you for the mirror! It's beautiful (and will help lower the CYS price for the Oh My Goth collection too) :)

Sending hugs to you for all the help as well~ everyone here has been so kind :smiley:

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

edited April 2017
    @Jude525 That's true! But I know that many people prefer to gift a few smaller items rather than an entire set, as it will usually SAVE SP, meaning that more items can be gifted! (as most sets do become free eventually). With this particular set, though, I can imagine you'd prefer to just gift the whole thing at once. I remember being able to eventually get the Brunch at the Old Mill set for free thanks to many, many gifts, so it's a real shame that's not possible anymore!

@lauravonawesome You definitely didn't imagine it! I'm super surprised they changed this, and it really sucks that they did :c But yeah, just leaving your wishlist as it is sounds like a plan! & You're welcome! I'm glad you like it & glad I could help :blush:
    @Jude525 is right~ I tweaked my wishlist so that there are more individual items from the sets instead of just the sets themselves being on there. but will keep my top 5 the same for now.

it's a shame the poet's muse dress page is broken~ that's one outfit i'd love to get my hands on, but there's no way to get it without buying the whole set, otherwise that would be #1 on my wishlist. i've been after it for years, and the page has been broken for just as long lol.

Jude525 wrote: »
    @lauravonawesome You're welcome! Brunch at the Old Mill, Bohemian Garden and Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes can all be split up into individual items, actually. If you go to the set, just click the first few items, and add those to your wishlist instead :) So, with your new top 5, you'll already get a discount on Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes! You could always leave The Boardwalk and the Carousel set on there as well, in case someone has some more SP to spend. Hope that helps.

@MariTomKaulitZ Really? Maybe I'm missing something, since Lullabies was the only set of those 5 that I was able to split.

When I click on one of the other sets (ie Old Mill), then on an item from it (tea set), it still tells me that it's "currently not available for individual sale"... Is it because I already have the set on my wishlist, or is it region-locked?

(just curious, since I don't live in the US and maybe the items in those sets aren't available separately here)

They do that with some items to force people to buy the whole sets. For a very short time a few years ago I remember some kids things from the "Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center" where available for individual sale but after that never again and you was always forced to buy the whole set. Often the CYS discount also doesn't apply to those and other sets so you need to buy or be gifted the whole thing.

I just want to add that although the Brunch at the Old Mill is CYS there are 3 premium items that cannot be purchased individually. That's a lot of hidden SPs that count toward the CYS. When I gift (and sadly I'm running low on gifting points) I'd rather see the entire set on someone's list than the individual items, which can only lower your CYS so far. Again, that is for this set due to the value of the 3 premium items. Which is sad because it is CYS.

PS: I just calculated the cost/CYS. If all the available items were gifted (26 pieces) it would cost the gifter(s) 650 points. This would reduce the CYS 585 points to 945 SP. Still a hefty price for someone struggling to get the content they want. Like I said, when I am gifting, I'd rather just give someone the whole set.

Yeah, those premium items, the ones that generally add additional gameplay, are the items that seem to have the heaviest weight on CYS calculations. And, the first item of a CYS set that's purchased gets an additional bonus in reducing the CYS that any additional items will not receive. Only the first item gets that bonus. If its possible, its best to get a premium item first for that bonus. There's details about this bonus in the DD thread. That said...

Brunch At The Old Mill
    According to Elianahere's Calculator, if the regular CYS cost was 1132 or less then it should be free during DD sale # 948. Am I missing something or is that about right? My math isn't exactly known for being unquestionably correct :# If it is about right, I'd be happy to help out with some gifties to bring that CYS down.
    @lauravonawesome Check your store gift box, I sent a bunch for that Old Mill set. Make sure to check your CYS. As I posted above (and oh so cleverly forgot to tag you for :blush: )

According to Elianahere's Calculator, if the regular CYS cost was 1132 or less then it should be free during DD sale # 948. Am I missing something or is that about right? My math isn't exactly known for being unquestionably correct :# If it is about right, I'd be happy to help out with some gifties to bring that CYS down.
  • SumpsychochicSumpsychochic Posts: 29 Member
    First post here!
    This is my wishlist: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sumpsychochic

My top 5 are:
    1) Lucky Palms
    2) Mai Tai Bikini bottom
    3) The Titanic Toy Machine
    4) Mascardo's Marine Misadventures
    5) Zebra on top

I cannot edit my post since I am new, so I am quoting it at least since I got a few gifts (THANK you so much!) and am updating my list.

1) Lucky Palms
    2) Mai Tai Bikini bottom
    3) The Titanic Toy Machine
    4) Mascardo's Marine Misadventures
    5) Vintage Smock

I also updated my wishlist to remove anything I have been gifted or bought recently.
    edited April 2017
    @lauravonawesome Check your store gift box, I sent a bunch for that Old Mill set. Make sure to check your CYS. As I posted above (and oh so cleverly forgot to tag you for :blush: )

Oh holy plumpuddles~ thank you so much @Dusty_Boots :)

My CYS discount is currently showing as 1105, which is super awesome. I'm horrible at math, but I'll wait for it to come up on DD and see if I can snag the rest.

Thanks again, and sending hugs to you :)

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited April 2017

Yeah, those premium items, the ones that generally add additional gameplay, are the items that seem to have the heaviest weight on CYS calculations. And, the first item of a CYS set that's purchased gets an additional bonus in reducing the CYS that any additional items will not receive. Only the first item gets that bonus. If its possible, its best to get a premium item first for that bonus. There's details about this bonus in the DD thread. That said...

Brunch At The Old Mill

Oh geez!! I completely forgot that Brunch was on the DD!!! And at 75% off! OK, everybody, forget everything I said. Thank you @Dusty_Boots for catching my MAJOR oversight. And here I thought I was being so alert remembering that it had the three premium items to factor in. (Don't get old kids.) So, yes, clearly it doesn't take much gifting to make that green download button appear. The master spreadsheet does show the needed CYS for that particular deal as 1133. So from what @lauravonawesome says you've gone above and beyond lowering her CYS enough.

Oh well. It's funny. Just yesterday I was saying over in the DD thread (ironically) how there is SO much to keep track of in the DD rotation that we all depend on each other to keep track. Perfect case in point.
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner

Brunch At The Old Mill

Oh geez!! I completely forgot that Brunch was on the DD!!! And at 75% off! OK, everybody, forget everything I said. Thank you @Dusty_Boots for catching my MAJOR oversight. And here I thought I was being so alert remembering that it had the three premium items to factor in. (Don't get old kids.) So, yes, clearly it doesn't take much gifting to make that green download button appear. The master spreadsheet does show the needed CYS for that particular deal as 1133. So from what @lauravonawesome says you've gone above and beyond lowering her CYS enough.

Oh well. It's funny. Just yesterday I was saying over in the DD thread (ironically) how there is SO much to keep track of in the DD rotation that we all depend on each other to keep track. Perfect case in point.

Oh no you don't! You were being helpful by volunteering what you knew and that's never for naught. It sure was a lot tougher when I first did this. There was absolutely no great bonanza of free simpoints. They were there but pretty scarce. Many of us had to opt for paid bundles, watching & waiting for discounts on them. You can imagine that making it count was an art. Though, the absence of such detailed information *did* lead to some great forum fun with many members jumping in with problem solving mad schemes to save points. Confusing but lively! Your post to share information reminded me of those friendly & chaotic times in a most delightful way. B)

and... my turn...
    Son of a gun! Talk about getting older & fuzzle-headed, I didn't even see that DD spreadsheet tab for CYS for Free. Hah! I was rockin' it old school with the calculator (+fingers + toes) and my best guess. So it seems that you've taught me something new. wow, that is one superbly useful information resource those members created!! Oh, hats off to them all :star:

ps - If you want to see a good definition of a confused old dog desperately trying to learn new tricks then just read my thread for PC tech HALP! Those wonderfully helpful & informed people are solid gold! <3

Oh holy plumpuddles~ thank you so much @Dusty_Boots :)

My CYS discount is currently showing as 1105, which is super awesome. I'm horrible at math, but I'll wait for it to come up on DD and see if I can snag the rest.

Thanks again, and sending hugs to you :)

:) You are totally welcome! I see that the set will be on the DD for the steepest discount in June, I believe it was. iirc There was another sale for that set which comes a bit sooner which is just slightly less of a discount. Maybe have a look & see if that one might work out for you?

hmm, plumpuddles... maybe we can get up a forum game of mad libs :lol:
    Oooh, thanks for adding that piece of knowledge @Dusty_Boots! That explains how I was able to get the set for free but others aren't - it must've been the DD! So yay, that means @lauravonawesome will be able to get the set for free, right? :D
    Oooh, thanks for adding that piece of knowledge @Dusty_Boots! That explains how I was able to get the set for free but others aren't - it must've been the DD! So yay, that means @lauravonawesome will be able to get the set for free, right? :D

I believe it should be free, or at worst very very inexpensive. Most of the pieces were only 25 points or so, which is easy for people to gang-gift. It sure can add up! Although it requires some patience for the DD sale, it'll be quite a bargain for a set that's regularly 1700 points! The DD thread is simply awesome for point saving information. And that LadybugLeslie's Cascade thread is overflowing with great bargain advice for cheap/free sets, too. Its well worth a read for everyone! Why spend thousands of points when you can get it for mere hundreds or even less/free? Oh how I wish this information had been so well organized & accessible when I first did the store thang ;)