Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still love scenery

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    WOW the scenery just keeps getting better and better! The pictures from the last page are so nice, almost life-like :astonished:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2017
    @WillowG145 , I have Nilxis' light mod with Isla Paradiso water that @brntwaffles very kindly made for me. You can download it from this post HERE if you want to use it.

She also even more kindly made a version with Monte Vista water as per my request, that she said I could share if anyone else wanted it :)

The greenish yellow sunrises are still there though sorry. I like those, so I wanted to keep them.

Edit - I was playing in Bridgeport tonight, the first time for a long time. I'd forgotten just how stunning it is at night time all lit up

bridgeport_zpssi92fxxi.jpg
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    @WillowG145 , I have Nilxis' light mod with Isla Paradiso water that @brntwaffles very kindly made for me. You can download it from this post HERE if you want to use it.

She also even more kindly made a version with Monte Vista water as per my request, that she said I could share if anyone else wanted it :)

The greenish yellow sunrises are still there though sorry. I like those, so I wanted to keep them.

Edit - I was playing in Bridgeport tonight, the first time for a long time. I'd forgotten just how stunning it is at night time all lit up

bridgeport_zpssi92fxxi.jpg

Beautiful shot of Bridgeport @Pary <3 I rarely use that world because I prefer small old fashioned town, but is still a beautiful world!

I would love the mod with Monte Vista water! :) I will became accostumed to the greenish light. Maybe I'll put a more fantasy moon and go with the "this world is almost as the real one...almost"
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I'm unlurking to say beautiful pics everyone! :)<3 I gave out awesomes.

I have a couple of pics from a short play session in Monte Vista. screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

• HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    I can only run the game on medium graphics, and I can still get views like this.

[img][/img]Screenshot-105_zpscnrlvoqe.jpg

Can I just say that this thread is AMAZING. Some of the screenshots here look like photos. What you can do with just one lighting mod is ridiculous.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    HARIBOWS wrote: »
    What you can do with just one lighting mod is ridiculous.

Or even without any lighting mod :)
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I love this thread! So many pretty pictures here! :) I would like to share some of mine, but unfortunately, I didn't quiet understand how to share images here. I would like some advice :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I love this thread! So many pretty pictures here! :) I would like to share some of mine, but unfortunately, I didn't quiet understand how to share images here. I would like some advice :D

use a website like photobucket (which i use) and copy the img found at the middle of the right to your post and your pictures should be up. its very simple to use and is free @Huiiie_07
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Candyd wrote: »

Very true! That picture of mine is totally vanilla. Stalking this thread yesterday I got my first brnt waffles lighting mod (Perfect Day with Roaring Heights Water). Needless to say, I was not disappointed.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @coco Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Pary, @Odonata68 and @HARIBOWS Beautiful pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @WillowG145 I normally like smaller town worlds too, but one of my sims belongs in an anonymous big city rather than anything smaller.

I uploaded the lighting mod for you or anyone else who wishes to download it. It really does look lovely. @brntwaffles was so sweet and accommodating about my pestering her lol.

Get it HERE

@HARIBOWS , I ran TS3 on medium settings for the first three years of its life, and the game still looked beautiful. So do your pictures.

@Odonata68 , glorious pictures as always. Yours always have a lovely dream like quality about them, illustrated by the first one. You capture at gorgeously lit time of the day.

@king_of_simcity7 , Roaring Heights is so lovely, you chose a perfect time to take pictures.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Screenshot-74_zpszhsyovso.jpg

Just looove this view!

And thank you @adamzaid

I like to build stuff
    edited April 2017
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Screenshot-74_zpszhsyovso.jpg

Just looove this view!

And thank you @adamzaid

no mind @Huiiie_07 and that picture is beatiful btw ;D
    @Pary Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Confession - Roaring Heights is my favorite world ;) and the pics here are just stunning! I might eventually check out those lighting mods - they just look great.
    @Pary your beer garden is so beautiful! What a great idea!
    And yes Bridgeport is amazing - esp. at night!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    edited April 2017

This! I don't even have a lighting mod... yet. The game doesn't really need one. :)

@king_of_simcity7 and @Pary Thank you :) I just love the sunset/sunrises in game. The lighting is beautiful and makes for perfect pictures. B)
    Odonata68 wrote: »

This! I don't even have a lighting mod... yet. The game doesn't really need one. :)

@king_of_simcity7 and @Pary Thank you :) I just love the sunset/sunrises in game. The lighting is beautiful and makes for perfect pictures. B)

You're right, the worlds are pretty without any lighting mods, but I use one anyway for darker nights and more sunny weather. It makes worlds like Twinbrook and Bridgeport totally different and much more fun to play in, they would be too dark for me otherwise.

I like to build stuff
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    @WillowG145 I normally like smaller town worlds too, but one of my sims belongs in an anonymous big city rather than anything smaller.

I uploaded the lighting mod for you or anyone else who wishes to download it. It really does look lovely. @brntwaffles was so sweet and accommodating about my pestering her lol.

Get it HERE

Thank you @Pary :)
    I'll try the next time I play!
    edited April 2017
    so i was trying out different lighting mods to find a new favorite and i found one called joans California lighting mod and i am obsessed WITH THIS LIGHTING MOD (i had so many pics i had to use a spoiler XD)

you can download it here (https://joanschnitzel.tumblr.com/post/140159661687/california-day-lighting-mod-more-images-here)
    anyways here are some pics of this mod on sunset valley where my current household is
    ]Screenshot-3_zps4np8ekcv.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsgp3dpzfv.jpg

Screenshot-9_zpsaf67motg.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpsszfjftbk.jpg

Screenshot_zps1hsngmam.jpg

Screenshot-8_zpsp4zutxni.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsv9dthwpo.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpstwxj4zpc.jpg (btw my sims is a ghost cause he entered inside the haunted house)[/spoiler
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @adamzaid Wow, it's beautiful <3 I'm always looking for lighting mods with desaturated and balanced colors and this looks like something I want to try too !
    @jaletu2005 I am yet to try the lighting mods but I am sure that Roaring Heights would look good with them :smile:

@Odonata68 No one can deny that the sunsets look the best in TS3 :blush:

@adamzaid Great pictures again! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited April 2017
    @Huiiie_07 I've been toying around with the notion of a lighting mod because I don't like that it gets so dark so early in game. I think there's one at Mod the Sims that you just plop into your mods folder which is about as much effort as I want to spend right now. :D

@king_of_simcity7 So true. :)

Beautiful pics everyone!
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Oh, my! The older games have a good eye in realistic scenery!
    @ChalkyMalky I agree but it is a shame that I. This day and age it is actually the older Sims game that look better than the most recent :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top