Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your worst Simming habit?

GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
Look at that, I've finally come up with something interesting to discuss. What's your worst Simming habit, the one thing you keep doing despite knowing it's going to get in your way later? Surely we all have one.

Mine is actually that I always record my gameplay with Fraps, so that I can use it later or just look at it, but I keep playing music in the background. And it's not bad music, so that's not the problem at all, but it does kinda ruin the gameplay and I can forget about putting it up on YouTube.
And even if I do put it up, in case the copyright's all clear or whatever, people will probably question why everything I listen to is so old.
Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
(oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO

Comments

• lunabellelunabelle Posts: 175 Member
    In game it's probably playing it on 3 speedand pause constantly. If I just played in normal I wouldn't keep missing things!
    Out of game probably a mix of junk binges, losing track of time so being late to get my sister from work and getting distracted by sims groups on facebook LOL
    Working on #100BabyChallenge #TwiggsLegacy
    Now up to baby number 64!
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    When I was younger (I'm not that old, I'm 28) I lost a lot of sleep hours because of the sims 3. Even nowadays if I get too addicted to a save I end up going to bed really late even if I have to get up early next morning.
    But I only play during the weekends now, so this problem is now very rare.
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    I really really like the look of tall houses in the sims series in general...but everytime I get a big house I go crazy with going up and down...especially on small lots, since I prefer not to cheat funds if I can help it. Its just so annoying to have to go up to go to sleep, to go to the bathroom but have everything else downstairs or another level up...idhbsjdi
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Despite having my Sims on "High Free Will", I'm always micromanaging my Sims. The "Pause" button is my best friend...
    ^ this ^ :#

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    Pets. Lots of pets. I want them all. I try to pick a certain species for each family to focus on so I'm not overwhelmed. Doesn't always work out. I love animals and dogs especially. So many fun breeds I'd love to make dog legacies for in game. Then there's the horses. I live vicariously through my Sims when it comes to animals.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    If I sit down to play sometimes hours go by without me noticing. It was worse as a kid, with Sims 1 & 2 I actually went more than 12hrs once or twice with only bathroom breaks. (I was like between 7-13)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Mine is overloading my game with hundreds of Mods and so much CC that I have to go on a treasure hunt in buy mode to search for EA items.I still have no lag in my game despite the tons of Mods and CC installed.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Having the constant need to dress my sims in different clothes each day... and then change all three outfits a few days later. Oh and my love/hate relationship with the laundry objects. I love the realism but it's such a chore :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I have a nasty habit of starting new games. I get so far and then decide I want to play a new family and never end up getting more than 2 generations.

Also, I sit in bed with my tablet each morning to browse the forums and sometimes get so engrossed that I am nearly late for work :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    kiara07 wrote: »
    When I was younger (I'm not that old, I'm 28) I lost a lot of sleep hours because of the sims 3. Even nowadays if I get too addicted to a save I end up going to bed really late even if I have to get up early next morning.
    But I only play during the weekends now, so this problem is now very rare.
    Yep, this for me, including that it doesn't happen anymore (because I'm not as crazy addicted anymore like I used to). I've rolled into bed at 4 at many occasions, having to get up at 7 again :s
    Despite having my Sims on "High Free Will", I'm always micromanaging my Sims. The "Pause" button is my best friend...
    Lol, and this :D

(lol, reading through this topic is fun)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    My worst habit: pressing 4 for ultra-speed through current action for everything my Sims do. It's gotten so bad that I do it in TS2 as well... and then get mad when it doesn't respond lol.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2017
    My worst simming habit, is this far too common scenario

Me at 3am: "I should really start winding down for bed. I'll just watch an episode or two of something on Netflix"

Me at 3:01am: "Well, I mean, I guess while I watch Netflix I could just play my game for a bit..."

Me at 6:30am: "Is that the sun coming up? Yikes, guess I should go to sleep now."

(okay I'm not usually *that* bad. I've done that twice this week though, literally 6:30am. Oops. And I definitely have issues with staying up too late to play on a very regular basis)

In fact, as I type this (at 2am) I'm thinking I should go put on Netflix in my room and drag my laptop with me so I can get some simming in. Even though I have to be up early-ish (for me, anyway) to meet a friend. Oh well. At least it's not work or something where I should be rested enough to be functional, lol.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited April 2017
    coco wrote: »
    Having the constant need to dress my sims in different clothes each day... and then change all three outfits a few days later. Oh and my love/hate relationship with the laundry objects. I love the realism but it's such a chore :lol:

I know your pain. My main Sim has 26 Everyday outfits, and I create or change a new one nearly every session. And no laundry for her, because that would be impossible to keep up with. I did put a little framed picture of a washing machine right where the real thing would otherwise go.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • CrazyCone73015CrazyCone73015 Posts: 1 New Member
    Constantly pressing the skip buttons :P And also getting motivated to start a challenge, then completely giving up on it.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Not saving often enough, and putting too many custom lots in my worlds and then barely visiting them all.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I guess it would be using the "hand of god" to try and wrestle dirty dishes and leftovers into sinks, bins, dishwashers and fridges.
    Why they made this so difficult is a mystery to me.
  • wolfgirl410wolfgirl410 Posts: 34 New Member
    I have an addiction to the pause button, I take way to many screen shots, forgetting to save and giving up halfway through a challenge and starting over.
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    For me it's nearly always building stuff. I always always always forget:

1. Painting the staircase like the rest of the room (you know its that default wall paint otherwise)
    2. Putting outdoor lights up
    3. Putting in a bin

I also struggle doing one thing at a time when building, because I see or think of something else, go do that, something else, then forget what I was doing in the first place. So a house or community lot that could have taken an hour if done in some kind of order ends up taking two or three. I just get too excited! :D
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited April 2017
    I always have too many idea's - (an adventure Sim, a homeless Sim, a obsessed with pink Sim, and my latest - an insane keltomanic Sim who lives in a tree...literally as I put bushes on the roof :lol:

I mean I think up an idea, I start with good intentions - "oh I'll reach generation 10 with this save", I create, I play for a month or a few. And then I think of another idea, "ooh a Farmer who is so busy looking after the crops he neglects his family and so his children go off the rails". And I then start a new game with the intention of going back to the older save at some point. But I never do - cause whilst playing the new game, I get another idea - hence why I've had Sims living in a carrot and, like already said, currently in a tree :lol:
    Its a cycle that never ends!

I honestly rarely even reach a 2nd generation, only once have I gone further than two and that was rather extreme - it was for Midnight Sun challenge and I hit 10 generations. Still in shock over that :wink:

Also on the rare occasion where my founder Sim reaches Elder before I get a "new idea" I normally end up starting a fresh game anyway - I get attached and can't let them die :cry:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I just noticed something else tonight during one of my games that I tend to do nearly all the time -

Having my female Sims cheat with other female Sims.

Sometimes my Sim is single going for a married female. Sometimes (like tonight) both are married. I'm playing Susan Wainwright going for Morgana Wolff. Boyd meanwhile is at a party hosted by (surprisingly) Blair Wainwright.

To be honest, I don't have any problems with g/les type storylines. It's not MY (RL) lifestyle, but I do have friends that live it.

Nuff said.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    a bad habit of stopping my current household after a week if i didnt like them XD
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have quite a few.

I chain smoke when playing because I forget I started one. I start the dishes but forget to finish them. I stay up too late. I obsess over the game when I'm not playing it and think about it when I'm trying to sleep. Projects I plan on are often pushed to the back burner in favour of playing this game.

Every sim gardens and makes nectar at some point. Every family must have a minimum of 2 boys before I'll let the parents age--this can lead to some outrageously large families. Every colour in every household must be a specific colour with a contrasting colour at the other end of the spectrum related to the sim's favourite colours. If they're married or living with someone, it becomes more complex. They always eat their favourite food for dinner. I keep obsessive logbooks and databases outside of the game to keep track of far too many details.

I'm often not sure if I'm playing for fun or for business. I often wonder if there's an anonymous group I can join to help me fight my addiction. SA? (Simmers Anonymous)? But would I ever admit to such a problem if it were meant to discourage me from playing? Most likely not. I don't want to quit.

Not yet.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2017

I do this waaaaaay too much. I constantly pause and unpause my game to micromanager everytrhing.

I just realized another I do. I start up alot of households or create house holds with a great idea in mind.... and then forget about them. I'm ADD, so maybe thats part of it.