Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living is the winning theme!

SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
After a vote spanning four days, eco living has emerged as the winning theme! We've compiled the results from all of the various regions players around the world voted from, and here's the order each theme placed in...

1. Eco Living
2. Starter Home
3. Dangerous
4. Wedding
5. Arcade

With a winner selected, we can all look forward to the next important step of development, and to focus discussion here on the forum towards eco living.

So, just what is next? Well, on April 10th we'll kick off another big vote to determine the art style for our eco living theme. Eco living means different things to different people, and I'm excited for all of you to share your vision. I'd suggest that we all think of eco living as a starting point for where this pack could go, rather than using the theme as a box that we constrain our ideas within.

As you saw in the theme vote, there are a number of potential directions we could take. Will laundry be the primary feature? Will green technology that responsibly enhances our home life play a significant role? Or, will we focus on living in ways that are in tune with nature and living off the land? For now, these are excellent discussions to have within this forum. Eventually we will have to narrow the pack down from our broad theme to a very specific direction. Going forward, your votes will help solidify the answers to these questions.

If you're curious to learn more about what happens to the themes that didn't win, I invite you to click here and read my other thread on that subject.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    Congrats! Thank you for including us in this process.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    I figured Eco Living would win. Eco stuff is very trendy and very tropey in simulation games.

But I did not expect Arcade to be dead last. It's too bad. I was hoping for some smaller arcade machines or pinball machines at some point.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Congrats to all those who wanted Eco Living! And for those who made other choices let's hope they also show up soon.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I am so excited for this pack!! There's so many neat things that could be included. I love the idea of laundry, but also the thought of living off the land. I'm very interested to see what we end up with.

I'm also glad we're not pigeon-holing ourselves to one concept. This could go in so many interesting directions.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    That's awesome @SimGuruGraham thanks for letting us know. I am very excited to begin the new process.
  • SimtasticgallerySimtasticgallery Posts: 18 Member
    I'd like to fans and air conditioners, chores chart like you know when you do chores like cleaning the house, cleaning the pool something like adds more gameplay and storytelling besides interacting with the objects that are around them of the specific stuff pack. We need more gameplay, more interaction with objects instead of only just decoration as the soda dispenser of the bowling stuff pack for example you know? That's my opinion :)
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I'd like to fans and air conditioners, chores chart like you know when you do chores like cleaning the house, cleaning the pool something like adds more gameplay and storytelling besides interacting with the objects that are around them of the specific stuff pack. We need more gameplay, more interaction with objects instead of only just decoration as the soda dispenser of the bowling stuff pack for example you know? That's my opinion :)

As much as I agree with you, this is a stuff pack. It is all about the "stuff" - gameplay is a bonus, so I wouldn't expect too much.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Well I guess I will be saving more money in the coming months and putting it towards my Orlando trip instead of the Sims, which is great news for my wallet.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @CaliforniaHolic I might just want to point out that air conditners aren't excatly "green"/Eco ok most fans aren't either but I do know a fan that could be consider "Eco" I originally thought it meant one thing (I thought because of wording on the box you need coins to operate)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimtasticgallerySimtasticgallery Posts: 18 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CaliforniaHolic I might just want to point out that air conditners aren't excatly "green"/Eco ok most fans aren't either but I do know a fan that could be consider "Eco" I originally thought it meant one thing (I thought because of wording on the box you need coins to operate)

Oh no haha, yeah I don't know much about eco but I wanted to leave the suggestion cause it's kinda hard for me to find the exactly discussion in the forums for ideas/suggestions
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    Well, looks like I'll be saving money.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited April 2017
    I didn't expect to learn the winner so quickly :D

Eco living is a theme broad enough for the crazy simmers' imagination ;)

@SimGuruGraham
    Since we now know it's Eco living, I have a question you most likely can't answer precisely but hopefully give a vague answer. Quite a lot of the eco living theme is related to the environment, and thus to seasons/weather for example. Obviously, you have far more insight into the content yet to come than us, so how are we supposed to handle it when discussing the community SP ? Like can we brainstorm ideas with seasons/weather in mind ? And how will the community SP integrate with the rest of the game ? Will our Eco living SP still work with seasons/weather if such a theme come in TS4 at some point ? Will you curate the polls to offer only options you know won't interfere with future content or will the EP/GP team take the community SP into account ?
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'd suggest that we all think of eco living as a starting point for where this pack could go, rather than using the theme as a box that we constrain our ideas within.
    fans and air condition can make it into the pack!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    It was the laundry, wasn't it? Dang, if they had included washers in Arcade, that might've won.
    Anyway, cool!*
    And again, Graham, thanks for allowing us to be part of the process.

*By "cool," I don't mean "air-conditioned cool," because, you know, not eco.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    No :s:'(:o . I wanted cemeteries and I thought it would be a sure winner, but never expected it to be third :o . I did pick starter homes 2nd. With that out of the way, while I picked Eco Living 4th behind Weddings, I like the part above in your description that talks about living in ways that are in tune with nature and living off the land. I haven't read any of the Eco posts at all, so not sure what that includes, but that part sounds promising. Just plain appliances or eco living sounds boring :/ . I'm interested to see what being in tune with nature and living off the land might offer though. Thanks for the voting project and letting us decide. I wish we could do that with all content we get with just a few surprises unrevealed. <3 I think simmers would be happier about that as long as some of it remained unrevealed and kept as a surprise until it came out. Here's to hoping. :)<3
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Woah woah woah...how did Starter Home get placed in 2nd place? The most time I've seen it was in 3rd or 4th mostly...heck even fifth. How exactly did it get 2nd?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am surprised it's art style next! Maybe I haven't properly understood what that encompasses. I mean at the macro level it has to look as if it belongs in the existing game, so it's obviously not going to suddenly introduce dark and sludgy colors, or photorealistic textures. So I look forward to some more instruction as to what's up for discussion there.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Called it. B)
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Woah woah woah...how did Starter Home get placed in 2nd place? The most time I've seen it was in 3rd or 4th mostly...heck even fifth. How exactly did it get 2nd?

Where did you see it in 2nd? Here on the forum? The poll was world wide.

Where did you see it in 2nd? Here on the forum? The poll was world wide.

'here's the order each theme placed in...

1. Eco Living
    2. Starter Home
    3. Dangerous
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade' :)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • frutillefrutille Posts: 10 New Member

Right??
    I thought Dangerous would definitely win! :'(
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Not everyone who votes participates on the US forums. We can't exactly go by the people posting here. We're probably a very small percentage of people who voted.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

You have to keep in mind that this is a global vote. Any community member created polls are limited to the amount of people that the one individual can reach but as global brand we reach vastly more people which means that your data and ours won't match step for step. :)

True :) It just shocked me :D I expected for it to be last.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top