March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Important news for Windows Phone Simmers...

SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
Hi Simmers!

Thanks for downloading the Day Care update! For the Windows Phone platform this is our last update for The Sims FreePlay.

All Simmers who have been playing on their Windows devices will be able to continue to access and play their saved games, and any new Windows Phone Simmers will be able to download all the existing content we've ever released.

We hope you continue to enjoy Simming as much as we have enjoyed building it for you. For additional details, please visit this support page: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115005399868.

Thank you for all your support from our Windows Phone Simmers over the years!

- The Sims FreePlay Team
Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis

Comments

• YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    The sims free play has gone from the app store. Does anybody know what will happen if i need to reinstall the game on my windows device for some reason as has happened previously? Will I be able to or will that be the end of my game? I am concerned that if I make any more investments in this game they will be wasted.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    The sims free play has gone from the app store. Does anybody know what will happen if i need to reinstall the game on my windows device for some reason as has happened previously? Will I be able to or will that be the end of my game? I am concerned that if I make any more investments in this game they will be wasted.

The game should definitely be up in your App Store, as we've checked it from here and it's displaying. Give it a bit, the stores may need some time to refresh properly. Sorry about that :(
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi Simmers!

Thanks for downloading the Day Care update! For the Windows Phone platform this is our last update for The Sims FreePlay.

All Simmers who have been playing on their Windows devices will be able to continue to access and play their saved games, and any new Windows Phone Simmers will be able to download all the existing content we've ever released.

We hope you continue to enjoy Simming as much as we have enjoyed building it for you. For additional details, please visit this support page: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115005399868.

- The Sims FreePlay Team

Hi @SimGuruEmma I have a question for you. Why don't you guys at Firemonkeys don't release The Sims FreePlay at Windows Store (as a universal app for PC and Tablets)? I know that the W10 Mobile is a total flop, but you could use the PC/Tablet market.
    Thanks @SimGuruEmma the game is now back in the app store!
    @SimGuruEmma

I have a query about access to existing content for windows phone, which I hope you will be able to answer.

You say above that new simmers will be able to download all the content that has ever been released.

How will they be able to do that?

Will the events come up as the game progresses, or will the event prizes become available to buy in the online store or the home store without having the opportunity to do the events?

What will happen to incomplete events, e.g. The French Romance event in which I was unable to get the final prize and unlock the chateau. When the event was over, a notice came up saying 'wait until next time'. Will there be a next time?

Will we be able to access events and/or prizes that came up before we started playing and we have not had the chance to do/win even if we are not really new simmers but have not been playing from the outset?

Thanks in advance.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Hi Simmers!

- The Sims FreePlay Team

Hi @SimGuruEmma I have a question for you. Why don't you guys at Firemonkeys don't release The Sims FreePlay at Windows Store (as a universal app for PC and Tablets)? I know that the W10 Mobile is a total flop, but you could use the PC/Tablet market.

Hey @andre1906, simply porting over a mobile apple to a tablet version is not as straightforward as it seems. We didn't develop The Sims FreePlay for use on Windows Tablets. We also only develop mobile games exclusive, so there are no plans for a PC version of The Sims FreePlay, sorry!
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Hi Simmers!

- The Sims FreePlay Team

Hey @andre1906, simply porting over a mobile apple to a tablet version is not as straightforward as it seems. We didn't develop The Sims FreePlay for use on Windows Tablets. We also only develop mobile games exclusive, so there are no plans for a PC version of The Sims FreePlay, sorry!

Would be interesting to have a PC version of the Sims Freeplay!