Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use More CC Now?

124...Next

Comments

• AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    I almost got into using custom content, but when some of it wasn't working I deleted it all and repaired my game, because I'm am so horrified by the idea of ruining my nice new computer. That would be it for me. CC would be great if it didn't destroy games and computers. It's like Russian roulette. I just don't think it's worth it. EA comes out with enough stuff for the game, and stuff packs are only $10 if I want them.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I use less CC in the Sims 4, because I like Sims 4 furniture a bit more. I still use some CC though. I'm always irritated by shiny plastic skin, absence of eyelashes, outrageous makeup, weird colors like flashy blue eyes and cheese hair, and playmobil wigs. Of course this is just my opinion, but I simply can't stand them when I see them.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Assimulo wrote: »
    I almost got into using custom content, but when some of it wasn't working I deleted it all and repaired my game, because I'm am so horrified by the idea of ruining my nice new computer. That would be it for me. CC would be great if it didn't destroy games and computers. It's like Russian roulette. I just don't think it's worth it. EA comes out with enough stuff for the game, and stuff packs are only $10 if I want them.

i wasn't aware that cc can damage a computer or your game. first i've heard of that. i am under the impression that if it causes a problem with your game, you simply empty the mod folder.

maybe i'm grossly uninformed. anybody have experience with cc/mods damaging their computer or game? seems the use of cc/mods wouldn't be so popular if that were the case. maybe i'm just being naive about this. feedback would definitely be appreciated.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    Assimulo wrote: »

i wasn't aware that cc can damage a computer or your game. first i've heard of that. i am under the impression that if it causes a problem with your game, you simply empty the mod folder.

maybe i'm grossly uninformed. anybody have experience with cc/mods damaging their computer or game? seems the use of cc/mods wouldn't be so popular if that were the case. maybe i'm just being naive about this. feedback would definitely be appreciated.

Well I have never seen a computer damaged by CC or mods - but yeah it can make you have to do a complete start over. If CC goes bad when a game gets recoded just removing the mod folder does not get the CC out of lots you have built or off of NPCs in the game so you can get game conflicts if CC or mods have gone bad just having the bad CC running around in the game. So you have to get rid of everything and start over from scratch. It is inconvenient - but to my knowledge should not break the pc. i cannot say on any other game if this is a fact - but it is a fact in the Sims.

So if you do use CC in particular I do advise never use it on Sims and lots you share or save to your library. Other wise other simmers can get mad at you when their game gets borked too - plus you might have to get rid of the hard work you did to make the sims and lots because it had CC in it.

I like CC - but choose not to use it while a game is in development for this very reason as I like to save my sim and builds to at least my library and do not want to chance forgetting they have on CC. I hate starting over as I put a lot of work into every sim and lot - and all it takes is one piece of bad cc sometimes.

ETA - Some simmers will tell you - well it's not that bad - you can replace that CC on saved sims - but every now and then recoding has messed up CC enough to make it a real issue and mess up a save or many saves - so to me it is just not worth it in a developing game. It is wonderful to look at though - and I wish it was not this way - but it is.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    I am in love with cc and I have a couple of Mods
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I use a ton of CC this time around but I try to stick with maxis match. The only time it isn't maxis match is if there is a non mm mesh that was used to make maxis match. I don't like how "realistic" stiff looks in game the clash in styles annoys me beyond reason. Currently I have 4.61 gigs of CC but I plan to go through and clean out what I don't often. As we get more EA stuff I will dwindle down my CC.

Same here the creators are so gifted and it brings realism to my game.