Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited April 2017
    I didn't know slob sims could find food in the trash and eat it. :s
    2lloeox.png
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    CL, only CL, and other Oxford commas.

Comrade! It's an honor, a pleasure, and a treat to see a fellow Oxford Commanist.

@TheLibrarySim - Ha. I saw what you did there. :smile:
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I didn't know slob sims could find food in the trash and eat it. :s
    2lloeox.png

@crazycat_135 Hey, that's the only way for a homeless Sim to get food! (except for taking what people grilled at the parks) (and breaking into people's houses)
  • KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
    I found out somthing cool, and I was wondering if anyone else knew? Did you know if a child and adult (or young adult) get in a pool together, the adult can "coach swimming"? It's basically the adult watching the child swim laps, but I think it's sweet. I have not tested it out with teens yet or if it's just family (but I will soon).
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Did you know we have a whole topic for "did you know" posts ;)
  • KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
    edited April 2017
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    A toddler can ask for a bath from nearly anyone (I'm assuming I guess if they don't have Stranger Danger.)

I have a single mom with a toddler. She has multiple boyfriends. She plays with fire by inviting several of them over at one time. My toddler was able to ask for a bath from one of her bfs while Mom was...ahem... "busy" elsewhere in the house.

Not the Daddy!

32954779774_519339c2a2_b.jpg
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    Aliens can "Revive" Dead Alien Squids. :P

I looove this one. I have an alien princess who brought her pet when she had to leave her home planet and it's soo cute. (She has a blue little enail with three eyes and their eyes blink!!)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I didn't know when sims have woohoo out the feets, hands and take the pillow.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I maybe wrong on this one, but it seems like daytime in the game syncs up with daylight savings time in the computer. I've been playing my main family in WC, and I noticed it was still light out at about 8ish pm IG time. It seemed like in fall & winter it was getting dark closer to 5 or 6. So I thought maybe this was syncing up to when my computer automatically converts from standard time in winter to daylight time in spring, and the in game daylight hours extend in game a tad? Or, I'm seeing something that's not really there. If it's true, it's a neat detail I never noticed before.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I didn't know when sims have woohoo out the feets, hands and take the pillow.
    @Jordan061102 I just noticed that two days ago too (forgot to post it here), so it might be a thing from the pre-bowling patch. It's a really nice detail they put in there.
    Pretty funny too, if the Sim whose foot is sticking out wears those bunny shoes :D
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I didn't know that Sims can transform a glass of water using the ray gun that can be made in the Science career. (Other dishes can't be transformed).

Well, this afternoon I found out and got a 500 quid telly in exchange. I was thinking about coming screaming into here about it when my Sim fetched herself a new glass of water. Hmm... what will I get if I transform that one? I wondered. Hmmph. The ray gun set it on fire. How the heck can a glass of water be set on fire? Anyway, my Sim used the Freeze ray to put it out and all was well, until...

I'd just bought the posh, expensive trash can that buys trash since my Sim wouldn't clear up the ashes from the fire without a bin to put them in. "Soon pay for itself" I thought.

But my Sim refused to put a dirty dish in it and kept heading off to the sink, even when I helpfully put the dish right beside the bin. I started to vaguely remember that the previous Sim who had that type of bin didn't own a sink.

I had one last go at putting dish in it myself and then gave my Sim another try at transforming it. Except I missed the dish and highlighted the posh bin.

Try as I might I couldn't cancel the transform action and ended up with a cheap stool. I had a few more goes at transformation and, in the end, settled for some sort of plant that was worth less than half the price of the bin. :'(

So there are a lot of things I could do with not knowing about.

Don't feed the trolls
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm sure a lot of you realized this...but I just figured out you can set up a Bowling Club that hangs out at your favorite bowling alley. I just started a club called "The Alley Cats" and it meets at a bar/bowling alley I made for Oasis Springs. It'll be like a bowling league...same outfits and the only permitted activity will be bowling.
    Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Granted, this is just a very minor thing but... I didn't know it was possible to cross that big lake in the countryside district using the skipping stones near the small waterfall. I had no idea that was possible because I'd never send my sims to the other side because it's so far away... Well now I found a shortcut! For reference, these are the skipping stones I'm talking about:

Random-01.png
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Granted, this is just a very minor thing but... I didn't know it was possible to cross that big lake in the countryside district using the skipping stones near the small waterfall. I had no idea that was possible because I'd never send my sims to the other side because it's so far away... Well now I found a shortcut! For reference, these are the skipping stones I'm talking about:

Random-01.png

I did not know this thanks for sharing, much appreciated.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I'm embarrassed to say that I had no idea there was a trolley running through Newcrest. And is that the Windenburg sea monster on the side?

04-04-17_6-17-41PM.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed to say that I had no idea there was a trolley running through Newcrest. And is that the Windenburg sea monster on the side?

04-04-17_6-17-41PM.png

I think that's a crocodile or an alligator.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I just discovered this....you can put the tallest half wall as the front of the closet and then put a few of the flowers from build mode in wall sculptures on the top. Or any clutter if you use MOO.
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Sims can't "change into nude" in front of toddlers/children. I was having my sim change out of her pajamas with her toddler in the room, so I went to the "change outfit" interaction, and noticed that "change into nude" was greyed out. I hovered over it and it said "your sim can't take off their clothes in front of a child." That's definitely a good little detail! Lol :D

I don't see anywhere to change into nude

My sims walk around the house naked I have to change them into clothing LOL while toddlers and kids are home
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The posters you can find on boxes in San Myshuno are by "Angsty". Some of them are rare, and they have emotional auras.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    So apparently sims (or only vampires, I don't know) can read obituaries and it fulfills their social and fun need. Don't ask me how that makes sense! It's an action on the computer and comes with nice spooky music... :smiley:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I never knew that there was an "Ask about being old" option between sims to elders, and so far I have always had a huge negative relationship drop after they get angry about being asked. Yes even if it's family the relationship drop was huge:D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Until yesterday, I didn't know that sims can clean the floor, when nothing has been spilled there. What purpose does it have? Is it just for neat sims to be happy?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top