Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Morning, Simmers.

I'm actually hoping in game today for a bit. I sometimes play my Simself save. And even my legacy save! But today feels like a fun day to play the Simself one.

We've got snow and it's chilly. Brrrr...might catch Power Rangers later today since the bf and I have off on the same day!

How goes it with you all? (Don't forget to tag me so I can see your answers!!)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @aroseinbloom Hi! Sounds like a great day ! And that's where our cold wind is coming from ! We'll try pushing some sun your way!

Happy Wednesday , everyone ! It's Inspiration Wednesday ! Today , I'm inspired because I'm meeting a friend for coffee , and because @AudreyFld wrote a powerful letter in the Pen Pal Project that my Sim Meadow gets to answer soon.

What's inspiring you today?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @CathyTea I was inspired to build today! I've actually finished creating all my Gen 2 BuildNewcrest houses :) I'm not sure what exactly inspired me to do it, but I'm thrilled because I've been trying to build them for weeks and kept coming up against mindblocks.

Something that has inspired me today is my vest-top, which says 'Wanded and Extremely Dangerous' - it makes me feel a bit more formidable, so I don't worry as much when I'm doing things which makes me more inspired to do them (maybe?)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    Thymeless wrote: »
    @CathyTea I was inspired to build today! I've actually finished creating all my Gen 2 BuildNewcrest houses :) I'm not sure what exactly inspired me to do it, but I'm thrilled because I've been trying to build them for weeks and kept coming up against mindblocks.

Something that has inspired me today is my vest-top, which says 'Wanded and Extremely Dangerous' - it makes me feel a bit more formidable, so I don't worry as much when I'm doing things which makes me more inspired to do them (maybe?)

Oh , I'm so excited to see your build! Your vest sounds awesome ! :D

Have a great day , everybody!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • felblossomfelblossom Posts: 14 New Member
    @aroseinbloom Good evening! ;)

About to eat dinner, then my partner has his raid night in WoW - which means plenty of me-time to play Sims/write/plot/browse CC for me ^^
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    edited April 2017
    Today I'm feeling inspired by the openness. As some of you may know, my blog is gone! I missed the emails to renew and now I have nothing. At first I was sad--heart broken and lost, but now I feel inspired and no longer trapped by my legacy and unfinished stories.

I have no idea what's next (but some thoughts in my head), but I want to start fresh.

For now, I'm just playing around. I want to see what EA comes up with. I've been less than impressed by their last two releases...I'm hoping this family themed pack really pulls me in. Still, I've had some ideas for a while now that I might bring to light. It would bring me back to writing...we'll see.

Anyways, for now, I'm just having fun and not putting any pressure on myself and that's inspiring enough.
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    I am getting inspiration from my organic chemistry homework, believe it or not. I am going to include some sort of genius into my legacy in the upcoming chapters somehow.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    @CathyTea This week I've been getting inspiration from a Sims 4 YouTube series I've been binge watching called The Life of Kevin. The creator plays completely differently than I do, but it's hilarious. Anyway, in one of the videos he had one of his Sims open a bakery, and I thought "You know, I've never owned a retail lot..."

Next thing you know the Hannon family owns a bakery.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I've been having massive writers block the last month. Surprisingly starting a new story has inspired me. I'm loving my new story, playing it, writing it, sharing it! Not only that it's broken my writers block and I've been excited to write all pf my stories again <3
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Today I'm inspired by genealogy! I've thought of a new story to write (after Dusk and Dawn is over) loosely based on a mysterious situation in my family tree. The story will be exploring different theories about this situation.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    I am getting inspiration from my organic chemistry homework, believe it or not. I am going to include some sort of genius into my legacy in the upcoming chapters somehow.

This is so awesome! I always get inspired by math and physics! :)
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I've been having massive writers block the last month. Surprisingly starting a new story has inspired me. I'm loving my new story, playing it, writing it, sharing it! Not only that it's broken my writers block and I've been excited to write all pf my stories again <3

I love your new story so much!

@CathyTea This week I've been getting inspiration from a Sims 4 YouTube series I've been binge watching called The Life of Kevin. The creator plays completely differently than I do, but it's hilarious. Anyway, in one of the videos he had one of his Sims open a bakery, and I thought "You know, I've never owned a retail lot..."

Ah, that's fun! "The Life of Kevin" sounds familiar to me--I don't watch YouTubes, but I think I've heard others talk about it.
    Today I'm feeling inspired by the openness. As some of you may know, my blog is gone! I missed the emails to renew and now I have nothing. At first I was sad--heart broken and lost, but now I feel inspired and no longer trapped by my legacy and unfinished stories.

I have no idea what's next (but some thoughts in my head), but I want to start fresh.

For now, I'm just playing around. I want to see what EA comes up with. I've been less than impressed by their last two releases...I'm hoping this family themed pack really pulls me in. Still, I've had some ideas for a while now that I might bring to light. It would bring me back to writing...we'll see.

Anyways, for now, I'm just having fun and not putting any pressure on myself and that's inspiring enough.

Hugs, Rosey! And a tip of the hat to all the fun we had around your blog! <3
    Today I'm inspired by genealogy! I've thought of a new story to write (after Dusk and Dawn is over) loosely based on a mysterious situation in my family tree. The story will be exploring different theories about this situation.

Oooh! This is awesome!

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

you want to trade i have creative juicces flowing. heres what you would get though my apartment leaks . see i would love writers block right now because i have so many ideas and the leaks are stopping me from getting them written.
    edited April 2017
    [ddpppppppppppppppppppp

my computer glitched.
    edited April 2017

you want to get ideas have jes curse you. it worked for me. but its a ati sleeping curse,
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    hey guys did you know this year is the 50 anniversary of the Guess Who Coming to Dinner? Movie from 67?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

What's inspiring you today?

Not feeling very inspired today, Probably it's because of the plus 4 confident mood overpowering everything.

Is that the one made by @CaptainSauce ? I've been following his sims series since the beginning. It's definitely one of the best series I've watched. He's hilarious. I really love his way of editing and the way he make the story flow is just a genius work.

I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2017

you want to get ideas have jes curse you. it worked for me. but its a ati sleeping curse,

Having the ideas wasn't a problem it was finding the motivation to write it down ;)

suRdkSd.jpg
    edited April 2017

Having the ideas wasn't a problem it was finding the motivation to write it down ;)

sends motivation. the other problem jes gave me is if i get a idea sunday i have to wait to write it down.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    AkramA wrote: »

Is that the one made by @CaptainSauce ? I've been following his sims series since the beginning. It's definitely one of the best series I've watched. He's hilarious. I really love his way of editing and the way he make the story flow is just a genius work.

Yes, that's the one. I discovered it right after the toddler patch when I was watching all the reaction/overview videos and I saw his toddler-themed episode-and then realized there were over 100 more of them, so I've been slowly making my way through them all.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    5:13 which means the office is closed and i can focus on the benders.
    Happy April 6th Birthdays, @roseinblack69 and @Spottydog714 !

roseinblack.png

spottydog714.png

• roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    @CathyTea! Thank you so much! <3 What a surprise! :blush: I have such bad period in my life nowadays, so you made me smile :)
    @CathyTea! Thank you so much! <3 What a surprise! :blush: I have such bad period in my life nowadays, so you made me smile :)

shes great at that. happy birthday.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Happy Birthday, @roseinblack69 and @Spottydog714 !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top