Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don_Oello's showcase Update: Calmness Bath & Wash - Industrial Studio

Comments

• Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Newcrest Fitness Factory
    Downlaod Link: Newcrest Fitness Factory
    Showcase Link: http://imgur.com/a/38SAp

A couple of fitness enthousiasts bought this abandoned factory and turned it into their fitness paradise with dedicated rooms for boxing & yoga.
    tGyOa9r.png
    SmMY7DD.png
    CMeCki7.png
    HlU2vsu.png
    jt6DsuU.png
    gvDppFi.png
    MJFzUFR.png
    NGOmSIK.png
    vG7u5nY.png
    ZHRQYht.png

Please tell me what you think, it keeps me building.
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The design of Newcrest Fitness Factory is very nice! :) The water fountains look very nice either sides of the front entry area of the venue! The stone fencing and the flowers, trees and rocks beside the water fountains look very nice. The type and placement of the windows suits the style of the venue and looks great!
    Very nice interior furnishing of the gym. The layout of the different levels looks very nice! It is great that there is a basement level. Sims would enjoy quietly doing yoga on the mats there, whilst attending a yoga class with other sims. It looks nice how the yoga mats have been placed in the room. Nice hot tub nook. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub,
    Nice area for sims to enjoy keeping fit using the treadmills. It is great that there is a wall of mirrors there. The way you have taken the picture of the room looks great!
    Very nice weights machine room. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows there at the outdoors views whilst doing training. It is great there are fridges there to get food and drink from.
    The sports picture is a nice touch on the wall in the punching bag Boxing room. The red floor rug looks great for the training boxing ring!
    Sims will enjoy swimming in the indoors pool .Very nice bar area ! The bottle shelves look nice on the bar wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar after training. The aquarium is a nice touch in the corner nook.
    It is a very nice fitness venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
    QC40 Feedback on Newcrest Fitnes Factory
    Download Link: Newcrest Fitness Factory
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/38SAp

SJplpmr.jpg
    mmKvf7G.jpg

I won in the intermediate category of QC40, the judges were amazed how i turned a factory into a gym. here's the judges comment:
    @Don_Oello
    Newcrest Fitness Factory looks fantastic we love the theme and background story of a factory turned into a gym. As we arrived with Ryan, Chad and Samantha we all commented on how fantastic the entrance was with the fountains, fencing and street lamps giving a very classy and welcoming entrance to attract customers to use the gym. Ryan loved the great design, great roofing and creative shape of the building. He also loved the amazing reception area and thought it was a creative and classy professional touch for their new business. Chad loved the great modern industrial style and use of different textures with the wall coverings in the interior. He also loved the great bar area. Samantha loved the yoga room the best with its wall of mirrors and waterfall, it gave off a great vibe for doing yoga with the sound of running water in the background. All three loved this gym and thought it was perfectly decorated and looks very professional. They are sure this place will attract lots of sims and become a very lucrative business.
    Critique
    WIth budget left over it would of been great to see a bit more landscaping detail around the sides and rear
    2 x No toilet paper in toilets
    "Potted Palm" slightly sticking into fencing next to stairs
    “Hawthorne Tree” sticking into stones
    Some flowers sticking into stones
    Tips:
    When you have small blocked off walled areas like custom made columns its good to put wall coverings on the inside that match the build to look more realistic.

Thank you for judging @lisi_ja and @Cbear13 & keep making those amazing sigs and banners. Now i have 1 int room winner sig, 1 sim winner sig and 1 int lot/house winner sig, i hope to collect more of them B)
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave
    Download: Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/JopCF

Grandpa Joe really loves fishing. So much he tells his grandkids stories about all the fish he caught in front of the fireplace with his biggest catches mounted on the wall. He even writes fishing guides on his old computer. Since grandpa Joe spends most of his time here, his wife grandma Erin placed a spare coffee machine at his storage nook. Entry for #qcrooms55

zLxgdss.png
    kdyWMZq.png
    VafThTp.png
    JBuxAGV.png
    dvtqO49.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave looks great! @Don_Oello :) Very nice furnishing and layout of the room! The fireplace area looks very nice! The mounted fish look great on the fireplace wall! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs or stools in front of the fire reading a book or listening to stories. The fish tanks are nice touches on the fireplace ledge.
    Very nice study desk nook corner! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. The fish themed board and banners are great touches on the walls!
    Nice chess table area for Sims to,have fun playing chess. The wall paneling in the room gives a nice feel and look to the room.
    It is a very nice fish themrc study room! ;)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    I loooove your fitnes center! Great idea of turning an abandoned factory into one, been working on a few projects similar to that myself, just love the industrial style conversion. You did an amazing job with the gym, congrats on your win! B)

And Grandpa's Fishcave looks fantastic! Love the warm and inviting colours used for the room and the classy interior design you executed here, fantastic room!
    Surfer Besties
    Download: Surfer Besties
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/ETtRP

i created my surfer girls for #qcsims42, now i need to complete the burger joint and figure out how to add them as staff
    J1zRn2C.jpg
    CFNyioU.png
    3Yhr4tA.png
    sRRcTIB.png
    sB2UlZP.png
    D3wMKpP.png
    ADha0eu.png
    QFXz4Vn.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Your simversions of Annabelle and Lucy are very nice! :) Their hairstyles look nice. The outfits that they are wearing for each of the categories look great! It is nice that they are having fun bowling!
    I will look forward to seeing your burger restaurant :)
    Surfer Shake-Up
    Download: Surfer Shake-Up
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/YmTNe
    Sims Download: Surfer Besties

this is a burger joint for #qualitycontrol42 with my surfer girls #qcsims42 the burger joint is a fully functional restaurant with the staff in casual and sporty clothing. if you want to have your sims working at a restaurant clear the list of sims not placed in world and add your own.
    ClDlOMz.png
    n7z9q4t.png
    VyMstkF.png
    10infqb.png
    nxUuzz1.png
    KyeibrJ.png
    bLPK2FJ.png
    xxtkeSx.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    The layout of Surfer Shake up and the exterior design of the building looks very nice! :) The roofing snd the columns look great! Very nice outdoors dining patio! It looks nice how the tables have been set up there, for sims to enjoy dining outdoors in the sea air. The candles are pretty touches on the tables, The U shaped bar counter is great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The awnings are a mice touch over the kitchen serving windows. The blue colour of the exterior suits well the location. The fencing around the edges of the patio, gives a nice look to the dining and bar areas.
    Very nice interior dining area! The patterned dining tables look nice, and the gingham blue wall pattern is calming. The flowers are nice touches on the tables. The coloured circles floor rug is pretty! The boats on the wall suit the beach theme well! The food themed pictures look very nice on the wall! The wall cutlery in the kitchen and the bottles on the shelves above the kitchen windows add a great look to the cooking area!
    Sims will enjoy dining there! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Surfer Shake-Up is a fantastic burger joint, love the roofing and the beautiful coastal theme of the interiors, has a lovely spacious and airy atmosphere :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Eggcelent Kitchen
    Download: Eggcelent Kitchen
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/4mUo1

My easter themed kitchen for #oneroomoneweekonetheme 106
    QLyLLND.png
    e0hcuYw.png
    XopJrpi.png
    jIFMqFL.png
    BGS7ew8.png

i might do a easter themed dining room following the same style later
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    edited April 2017
    The name that you have chosen for your Easter kitchen room is very creative! :) The furnishing of Eggcelent Kitchen is so very nice! The yellow colour of the walls looks very sunny and nice! It looks great how the half wall separates off the breakfast nook. The different colours and types of dining chairs is a very nice touch! The Easter eggs look very nice placed on top of the half wall. The floral pictures on the wall and the flowers on the dining table are very pretty for sims to see when eating a meal there.
    The stone texture of the cooking area walls gives a nice look to the area. The flowers shelves stands look very pretty in the room! They reflect Springtime so well! The bunny and the basket of eggs looks very nice placed on the top of the stands, and the pink and gold wall decor there looks pretty. The pear wall picture, dish rack and the wall knives are great kitchen touches in the room.
    The big pink Easter bunny and the animal wall pictures with different coloured frames look very cute in the room! The green colour of the kitchen cabinets looks very nice with the yellow colour of the walls, and is Spring themed.
    Sims will enjoy reading a book from the bookcase whilst waiting for the meal to cook, and child sims will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table whilst their parents are cooking.
    The layout and furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thanktyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    Easter Dinner
    Download: Easter Dinner
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/v47s5

an easter themed dining room to wo with my easter themed kitchen
    33NTkbw.png
    cHiXlA4.png
    dnRiwSH.png
    y9i5KTB.png
    Nbm3OPS.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Easter Dinner goes so very well with your Easter Kitchen room! :) The yellow colour of the walls looks sunny and nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! The windows dining table alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them through the windows whilst eating their meals. The alternating colours of the dining chairs looks a nice touch. The colourful springtime flowers rugs under the table add a great look to the room! The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when dining.
    The Easter bunny looks cute in the room! The birds , cherry blossom and flowers wall pictures look very nice and pretty in the room and capture well the Easter Springtime theme. The vase of flowers looks pretty also.Sims will have fun playing chess in the room.
    They will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar with their meals. The stone textured pillar nook ares is great! The Easter eggs look great on the shelves there and in the bookcase! The bunnies are cute on the wall!
    It is a very nice Easter dinner room! :)
    edited April 2017
    Surfer Shake-Up is QC42 intermediate winner
    Download: Surfer Shake-Up
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/YmTNe
    Sim Download: Surfer Besties
    Sim Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/ETtRP

ClDlOMz.png
    J1zRn2C.jpg
    I got 1st place in QC42 intermediate category, this is the judges feedback on my burger joint & sims. thank you for judging @lisa17ann & @Pebblycat

:star::star::star::star::star:
    We really loved the exterior of your restaurant from the combination of your siding, columns, and spandrels they all gave that wonderful beach side feeling! We thought your Staffs “uniforms” were perfect for the laid back atmosphere. We thought your large gourmet kitchen was impressive and we loved the little touches like the ice cream makers for a perfect beach dessert. It was such a great addition to the front patio to have the outdoor heaters, the bar and even a grill for customer’s to make their own burgers it had a real beach party vibe to it! We thought it was great the floor to ceiling mirrors in the ample bathrooms to make the small space feel larger was a great design choice. You’re inside and outside dining areas felt very much laid back with the blue and white colors, mismatched tables, and chairs. We really liked the sea side feeling the inside dining area had with some of the paintings and ship wall sculptures. We also liked all the menu choices you had and thought they went well with the laid back feeling of a burger joint. It also was really nicely lit at night time.
    Critique
    While we loved the color choice of the interior dining room the wall covering you choose felt a bit more country side then sea side. We also thought a few pieces of your art work had the same feeling. We felt that area didn't match the rest of the build as well as well as the country feeling wall art and we thought the "Colored Theory" rug looked out of place. We would have liked to see you use the remaining budget to add some greenery around the outside and maybe even the inside of the build to finish off the beach look.
    Tips:
    Play around a bit more with terrain paint. Instead of covering the majority or whole of the lot with sand terrain paint you can break it up and make it fit the landscaping around the lot. Try using the round tool and not going all the way to the edges.

Surfer Besties - Annabelle and Lucy are very beautiful and unique, we love that you captured Annabelle's love for accessories and Lucy's need for glasses. We would of liked to see glasses on Lucy for all her outfits it could be especially dangerous her working out in her Athletic wear and not being able to see. Great outfits on both ladies and we love your choices in accessories. One thing we do look for when judging is hairstyle and make up changes through out their outfits while keeping similar hair lengths. We love that some outfits reflect their laid back and relaxed style. Great entry just need a little more variety in the changes through outfits with hair and make up.

and thank you @Cbear13 for creating the beautiful sigs and banners for the winners
    k0tQODV.jpg
    5ATMTum.jpg
    Post edited by Don_Oello on
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    edited April 2017
    Congratulations on Easter Dining and Eggcelent Kitchen being favourited by Maxis! :) That is exciting!
    Post edited by rosemow on
    My 1st Maxis Favs
    Both my Easter themed rooms got favourited by maxis, I'm so happy! :smiley::astonished: It's amazing to see the downloads go up from 30 to 300 in one day :heart:
    download them here

Eggcelent Kitchen :star:
    Eggcelent Kitchen
    QLyLLND.png

Easter Dinner :star:
    Easter Dinner
    33NTkbw.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Hello :) It is exciting that lots of simmers have downloaded your Easter rooms and are enjoying having them in their game! They are very special rooms for Eastertime :)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Congrats on both your Easter rooms being Fav'd by Maxis! B) They fit together so well, wonderful design in both of them!
    thank you @Corwim i'm still amazed by having the rooms up for 1 week and the day after i got the favs the downloads & kind comments go through the roof :sunglasses:
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave QCRooms55 Exp Winner
    Download: Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave
    Showcase: http://imgur.com/a/JopCF

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14097773/#Comment_14097773
    i got 1st place in #QCRooms55 Exp :star:
    zLxgdss.png

Judges Feedback:
    Grandpa Joe really loved the masculine feeling in this room. He thought the choice of wall coverings looked really nice and went well with the overall theme of his study. He was happy to see a bookcase and toy box for his grandchildren so they could spend time with him in his study when they come for a visit. He thought the use of the wilderness rug by the fireplace was a great choice. He really appreciated having the little coffee nook as well. Grandpa Joe thought your choice of decorations were really nice things like the fish sign, fish bowl, and the fishing club seal along with his mounted fish (especially the big ones!) taking pride of place on the wall above the fireplace. He thought the desk and old computer where just right for him. And, it all blended well with his old-fashioned theme.
    Critique:
    Grandpa Joe loved your room but, thought the bookcase in the corner by the desk looked a bit out of place and he thought he would of rather had a floor lamp or plant to brighten up that corner.
    thank you for judging @lisa17ann @Cbear13 :heart: and great work on the sigs
    CY54D3j.jpg
    R7C62Od.jpg
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congrats on your maxis fav! And? great job on the room challenge :) and, thanks for mentioning Cbear and I and showing appreciation for our work on the comps! It's really kind of you :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav for Grandpa Joe's Fish Cave! :star::star: What a week you are having! :smiley: Keep up the good work!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"