Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still on the fence

I like the idea of my sims bowling. I rarely get stuff packs because I don't always feel like I get my money's worth. But I do like bowling. I just don't know if I want to spend 10 bucks on it. A few of the CAS stuff is nice and the furniture, I don't know. I guess I'm asking to those that have it, is it worth it?

Comments

• MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    I still haven't rushed to purchase it yet either, so would be interested in others opinions also.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I like it. There isn't anything in this pack that I don't like (which is rare, pretty much every pack comes with something that I know I'll never use). The bowling is fun to watch - the animations are really cool. The CAS things are very nice (and versatile) and the same goes for the build stuff. Also, it's nice to have another activity for outings/dates/clubs, even if it doesn't come with it's own venue.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    I did like the look of the rockabilly clothing. I appreciate your feedback
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I never buy stuff packs, apart from Vintage Glamour, and that was only because it featured a butler, of which I find a use for.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If you are on the fence, maybe wait til it goes on sale.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Well, it was worth it for me because I love the new clothes. Not only have I made over some of my guys, I was finally able to recreate one of my TS3 families. Plus, the venue is a nice change of pace, the perfect hangout for one of my clubs and gives me a reason to finally make more use of Oasis Springs, which is my least used world. (Not only do I almost never visit, to this day I have no one living there.)

So I guess whether you'll appreciate this new pack depends on whether you can find some personal use out of it or not. I know I did.
    EiFlric.png
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I like the idea of my sims bowling. I rarely get stuff packs because I don't always feel like I get my money's worth. But I do like bowling. I just don't know if I want to spend 10 bucks on it. A few of the CAS stuff is nice and the furniture, I don't know. I guess I'm asking to those that have it, is it worth it?

Take bowling out of the equation.
    If you normally wouldn't buy it without the bowling then chances are you're not going to feel it was worth it.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    It's okay to not go out and buy the latest pack right away. I was the same way with RG. It felt more like a builders pack and while I like to build I'm not a builder by any means. It's still a nice pack but I didn't see any rush to get it right then and there.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    This is a guide to the features in the pack, and has pictures of the cas and build/buy mode items,
    It may help you to decide if you would like to buy the pack or not
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-bowling-night-guide/
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Take bowling out of the equation.
    If you normally wouldn't buy it without the bowling then chances are you're not going to feel it was worth it.

That is a good way to look at it to be honest.

The way I decide what to purchase is simple. "Can I get enough game play or enjoyment out of a pack to equal its price in minimum wage?". It's a little harder with stuff packs, but generally speaking I have used a decent amount of content from every pack I've bought. If I look at a pack (like patio stuff) and think "I REALLY want that one game play item!" but won't use any of the furniture, hair, accessories, or misc crap I don't buy it. In my opinion, a single item is not worth $10 unless it will substantially increase my game play.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017

I didn't get a lot of them. But fact is stuff packs are rarely on sale. So, yeah, it's up to you if it's worth $9.99 or not. I wanted the wishing well but don't really like the other stuff (flowers) in that pack. I would have picked different shrubs/flowers for that SP, not my taste. I didn't get patio stuff since I can already build one and with no lounge chair I didn't see the point. And a hot tub in past was a base game item so I wasn't willing to pay out $10 for a hot tub. etc
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I've had this pack since it was released, but I've only just taken my sims bowling. :D That being said, I really enjoy this pack as a whole and I would suggest getting it...even if it is just for the build/buy/CAS items.
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited April 2017
    There will be a stuff pack sale, eventually. Then you can get it for 5 bucks.

Overall it's a fun addition and a few of the build items are quite stylish, although the group bowling seems a bit glitchy (when trying to cancel the interaction).

Nothing earth shatteringly awesome though.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I haven't gotten the pack yet either but I plan to. If you're having doubts, then don't buy it. Only you can decide whether or not you'll get your money's worth out of a ten dollar pack. Look at the links posted above by simgirl1010 to get some more ideas.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I haven't bought it yet either. I think I'll probably wait for a while. It looks fun and I'll enjoy making family bowling night for my simmies but I'm just not in a hurry for it. The rockabilly stuff should be fun though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    If you are on the fence, maybe wait til it goes on sale.

The stuff packs as I've seen haven't went on sale I tried to wait for a sale for the glamor pack so I just went ahead and got both glamor and bowling pack since I decided to get bowling. I think its fun I have every pack except vampire. I make sure of mostly all of my packs I think its a really cool pack if you're a family player like myself. I like for my sims to have somewhere to go like the pack with the restaurants love it.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited April 2017
    Like a schmuck I bought the pack.

If your cash is limited, this should be a pack you leave until the end - or go without. Even the furniture is lacklustre this time. What you get in CAS is nice but there's not enough of it - even by Stuff Pack standards.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Thanks for all the help and info. I watched more vids and decided I'm going to wait for a sale. Bowling aside, some of CAS stuff is ok, really the funiture is what I like. Thanks again
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think it really comes down to:

1) Does Bowling interest you as a feature?

2) If Bowling does interest you, what would you want out of Bowling features? If what you want fits what it provides well enough, that may be reason to purchase.

That's sort of a cliff notes way to put it, anyway. There's obviously CAS and buildmode to factor in as well, but Bowling is really the bulk of its theme. In my case, I didn't have a strong opinion about Bowling either way, but the venue functionality and bowling skill intrigued me most of all. Plus I always like getting the CAS assets, when I can afford it.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io