March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome! Project info, survey winners, & helpful links.

Comments

• geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    I think I've mentioned this in Twitter as well, at some point, but if laundry makes a comeback besides the regular separate washer/dryer machines I'd love if they were stackable (place one on top of the other) an if we also got a combo machine (washer/ dryer in one - that's what I have irl ,perfect space saver)
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Such a brilliant idea! I love how social you all have become!
  • LillyexolLillyexol Posts: 2 New Member
    I vote for ECO LIVING. Cause human must take responsibilities for their life and also their world..so I choose ECO LIVING..please make green house/forest house or anything like that..also it will be great if they add more place like granite falls or go to the forest, something like that ^^...thanks
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I've got a fair idea but it may not be a stuff pack it may be a game pack instead, so I'm thinking a ''Hobbies and Past Time SP or GP,:

Hobbies:

model building
    Sewing
    Candle Making
    Flower Arranging
    Jewelry making
    Glass Blowing
    Home Brewery
    Knitting
    Leather Craft
    Juggling
    Macrame
    Magic
    Pottery
    Sculpting
    and many more

Outdoor Hobbies include:
    Table Tennis
    Archery
    Bee keeping
    Bird watching
    Inline skating
    Kite flying
    Rock Climbing
    Roller Skating
    Ice Skating indoor and outdoor
    Skate boarding
    Sand Art
    Soccer
    Stone Skipping
    Taekwondo
    Taichi
    and many more

Or we can have a Toddler SP with loads of hairs, clothes and interesting educational toys to learn like:
    A xylophone for musical genius's
    A lego block set-to build more than just a stack
    Giant jigsaw floor puzzles

But anything is possible with EA! I hope we all get what we want for a SP! I'm happy either way! more stuff packs-yay! :wink:

• m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    I would love to have more options when sims are hanging out, so Arcade is #1 for me. Next up would be home improvements, so Eco life #2 and Starter home #3. My own play style doesn't involve too much life cycles, so Dangerous life and Wedding come last.

Thanks sim gurus, this is a great idea.

W79XhDj.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    I seem to be able to keep voting - after entering my choices, I can click next, pick language again, and choose again. Whether my choice was registered or not, I have no idea.

but now other peoples vote wont count thats not right
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    If I would choose, it'll be ''Eco-living'' SP!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Kudos for this awesome idea and to anyone involved in bringing it about. Such an awesome way to get the community involved and allow theme ideas to have easier access to Simmers of all sorts. Plumtastic job. :smiley:

I like the idea of laundry in a pack and would love mismatched outfits and laundry day hair for it.

Can I post an other option here too?

Grandplumbobs: a pack for the elders who are still spry and young at heart with elder activities such as water volleyball, shuffleboard, and crafts.

X-treme Sims: a pack for extreme sports with punk and skater gear for all. Whether it is free running, snowboarding, skateboarding, bmx, or surfing, your Sims will test the limits.

Teen Hangry Antics: a pack for teens going through the tough times of growing pains, acne, and peer pressure while learning the skills of driving, having school dances, and silly school pranks.

Toddlers in Plumbobs: a pack to explore and test the limits of antics and mobility and creativity. Toddlers making a mess whether it is knocking down furniture, hanging from the ceiling fan, playing on the mini piano, or riding a tricycle. You never know what these rugrats will get into or out of.

Nursery Rhymes: a pack dedicated to babies whether it is taking them on a walk in a stroller, having them play in a playpen, bounce in a bouncer, or crawl to their hearts content. They may be small, but they are just beginning their exciting little Sims lives.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @SimGuruGraham - thank you for posting this and the link to the poll in this forum. I've submitted my vote and look forward to whichever pack you guys make as they all seem interesting. For Starter home packs could you guys focus on smaller space furniture like more 1-tile products more than used and visually worn down furniture? Just a request if that is the pack chosen.

Also will EA ever do a collaboration again? I miss the IKEA stuff pack like whoa... and let's not kid ourselves, IKEA is the de facto 'starter home' furniture source. What starter home doesn't have a LACK coffee table or a MALM dresser :joy:

Also, if you're looking for cool space saving furniture ideas, please consider using Muji as inspiration.

And please please please consider making a useable sofa bed.
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I don't know if other companies have done this before but I just wanted to say plum yeah guys! This is so awesome and I think you're gonna end up generating a whole lot of understanding and respect regarding the development process.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I seem to be able to keep voting - after entering my choices, I can click next, pick language again, and choose again. Whether my choice was registered or not, I have no idea.

I wasn't trying to have my vote count multiple times, if that is what you think. It never seemed to finish the vote, which is what I was trying to let them know. A couple of hours and 4 tries later, it finally accepted my vote. If some people think they have voted, but it didn't register, the poll should still be available - the option disappears when it is registered.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I of course voted for Dangerous Stuff at the top, because let's face it Sims 4 and the whole genre is too easy, peasy and we need some drama and action. Involving GrimReaper, Funerals etc. that is awesome actually! I can only imagine what you could do with it and also involve at the same time the vampires for example. Like a vamp hangout for the graveyard etc. I LOVE the ideas posted and for my very clearly Dangerous Stuff is the main wish! :)
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I just want to give you guys a huge thank you for doing it this way from now on. It makes us feel included all around since some of us don't use twitter and other social sites outside of this and facebook to follow you guys. Well, I don't use twitter at all. Just recently made an acct. to try to keep my voice heard too, but this is much easier! Anyway, I voted for: 1death because this iteration seems too safe on the sims and I'm mean sometimes lol, 2 worn furniture which is something I always tend to download from cyclone sue and others, 3arcade, 4can't remember and 5 weddings because I really don't think we need it since we have been given romantic gardens. Can't wait to see more from you guys and wow we really get so much to have our input on, pretty dang cool. Aside from the list though, I'd really love it if you guys would bring more NPCs into the sims 4, for example: social bunnies, burglars, take-out deliveries and firefighters to put out the fires.. that's why we have an alarm lol. Sci-Fi/Future/Fantasy themes and Super Heroes.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    @SimGuruGraham It's possible that the results will be backwards, as I also thought that 5 is most wanted... you should clarify that in the poll...
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    @SimGuruGraham It's possible that the results will be backwards, as I also thought that 5 is most wanted... you should clarify that in the poll...

I had no problem with that, as I do surveys online and know that they usually are sorted at the top for most wanted. While 5 is at the bottom. Actually plausible. But yeah I think they should restart the survey, because it will probably lead to the decision of wrong votes.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I didn't use the pulling bars as I was on my normal PC so I just used the drropdowns to choose a number. Due to the word "ranking" rather than "scoring" I worked out that 1 should be "most wanted", but if I had never played a game with a ranking feature I might have been uncertain. It seems a clearer instruction was added to the poll shortly after the misunderstandings came to light.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

It was edited to clarify early on. The description changed from "Rank in order of preference" to "Rank in order of preference (1 being most and 5 being least)".
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2017
    And yes, #1 is the pack you want the most. Rank them in order of most to least wanted :)

Thanks for the hint! I have done the survey differently. 5 = "most wanted" and down.
    Now my "most wanted" (the "eco living" pack) is my less wanted (which was actually the "wedding 🐸🐸🐸🐸") :s -.-"
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru

Thanks to everyone that mentioned this, we clarified the question that was being asked within about an hour of the poll going live.
  • RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    I love the transparency of this initiative. I'm hoping some Simmers will mellow out about SPs after seeing the process behind them. And how awesome that the community gets to decide what gets put in the game. What a genius initiative to respond to criticisms about the way SPs are distributed, get Simmers involved in the game's creation, and even get them excited about a SP.

I'm personally hoping that 'Wedding' won't be picked, as the other themes sound more experimental and we already have lots of wedding stuff in game already, but based off the amount of comments I'm thinking it will be #1 by a large margin. Who knows though.

'Dangerous' excites me most out of all of these themes as we've never had anything quite like that in game (if I recall). I also remember a Guru saying at one time that funerals never made it to the game because there was no EP they would fit in, so a SP dedicated to it would be perfect!
    'Eco Living' is my next pick since I remember the eco stuff from TS3 and how fun it was, and I miss the realistic laundry aspect of the game (I would preferably have this included in a patch, maybe with clothing racks/efficient ways to do laundry included in the pack, but SPs are inexpensive anyway).
    'Starter Home' sounds incredibly fun as I believe we need more run down and grungy stuff in-game - I've been pleased with the stuff included in CL and Vampires but just wish there was more of it.
    'Wedding' doesn't sound terrible as I love anything that fleshes out base game experiences, like Generations from TS3, but the previous 3 I mentioned all sounds more interesting to me.
    'Arcade' is my last pick since we've already had Bowling and I feel like the a lot of the community would agree that the other packs sound much more needed in game; a lot of Simmers feel that arcade stuff should have been included with bowing anyway. I feel like this will be #5 in the poll.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    @SimGuruGraham while I understand you can't discuss the budget itself, I hope you will be able to communicate to us when something under discussion is vetoed due to that it would take the project over budget or beyond available resources, rather than not give a reason or make one up.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruGraham

I still want to see a Pool Stuffpack. I really hope that is on the agenda soon. We need more items for the pools like floaties,pool waterfalls we had in Island Paradise,Pool bars and Pool Games. I'd also love to see snorkeling added. The Pool is one of my favorite objects in the game. If yall could I'd really love to see the floaties have the read option like they did in TS3 were sims could read on them. I'd love to see the hold breath contest return as well.

Another thing I'd like to see is a bathroom stuffpack and with new showers. I'd love to see some waterfall type showers with clear glass and a waterfall sink.
    Post edited by MrMonty96 on
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruGraham this is what I put
    1. Eco friendly
    2. Death oriented
    3. Weddings
    4. Starter stuff
    5. Arcades

Eco friendly because I want sims to connect with nature, check out the idea corner if you want to see them, but in a short version it would be solar panels, rain water tanks where sims get water out the sink and get a positive moodlet, Eco friendly laundry, and sims connecting with nature, I said I don't want it to be too tech focused, as Eco friendly is connecting with nature and ourselves. I also have the idea of an Eco friendly trait.
    Death oriented sounds really cool, and though Eco beats out death, I still feel like it could be explored.
    Weddings sounds cool, and I love the idea of them but feel it isn't urgent.
    Arcades I'm not big on, but I know there are players that want them, just I don't feel it's urgent

How many times can you vote?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I wasn't trying to have my vote count multiple times, if that is what you think. It never seemed to finish the vote, which is what I was trying to let them know. A couple of hours and 4 tries later, it finally accepted my vote. If some people think they have voted, but it didn't register, the poll should still be available - the option disappears when it is registered.

sorry I misunderstood
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @SimGuruGraham while I certainly can understand the limitations of what you can discuss due to your contract with Maxis/EA, can we get some general information along the way? Like how long does it normally take to plan and execute an Expansion Pack verses a Stuff Pack? Can and do you use previous animations from previous versions of the game as a basis for new animations? And maybe have some of the other Devs stop by and do like a question and answer thread or tell us what they do (like work on animations or design new clothes or hair, etc.) as it would be interesting to see the process along the way.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top