Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dangerous SP? Really?

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I don't play many of my sims till they die because it's so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hard for them to die of anything but old age! That's why I like the idea of this pack. It sounds like it will bring more danger to our sims lives and more ways to die which is something I really miss in my game (accidents please!!). Also I really like the idea of funerals, it would be really nice if they did it properly.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    So it sounds like most people are looking at this pack from a generational/legacy point of view? Wanting more depth to the experience when a loved one dies, like having a graveyard and a proper funeral?

Is that right? People are less interested in the aspect of having more ways to kill sims?

I don't need funerals in my game, but would like graveyards. I don't want more ways to intentionally kill sims, but would definitely like more risk of death, as long as it makes sense (not death by laughter, which just makes me avoid comedy, because it is too silly for me). If I have to force them to happen, they simply won't (like drowning right now). Risks that others can use to their "advantage" if they want to, is what I would like :)

I only put this theme 3rd on my list, simply because it could be a theme I would welcome (risk of death, graveyard), but could also just be more about the ghosts, which I would have zero interest in.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is a $10 stuff pack. Which means one unique item, and stuff. Not ten million ways to die and a magnificent, datable reaper. Let's be realistic. We're talking a funeral, some caskets, headstones, and grieving attire. :/

I'd like to remind everyone that it has been explicitly stated by SimGuruGraham that there's no rule on how many gameplay objects/ unique items can be put into an SP. It was around the time of Backyard Stuff where we got multiple interactable objects ( drink pitcher, bird feeder, wind chimes, lawn water slide ) when he posted that statement on twitter . Heck, even the first SP we got for TS4 had two gameplay objects.
    IIRC they can even be a bit flexible with the budget for a SP when they really want to push a certain object or theme.

I'm not saying everything listed on this thread would definitely be possible to add for them in a Stuff Pack, but they can get quite complex with a particular theme if they want to.

It's true that there's no specific limit on the number of gameplay items that can go into a Stuff Pack... We don't really adjust the schedule/budget from SP to SP though. The reason some packs have more new objects than others, is simply that some features take more time to create than others. While Backyard Stuff has the most new gameplay objects in a Stuff Pack yet, Perfect Patio took the same amount of time because the Hot Tub was a very complex object to work on.

At the end of the day, we can make as many new things in a SP as we like, as long as the work can be completed within our schedule.

Question, would new (sim) traits be a feasible concept/possibility for a stuff pack, or perhaps something developed for a stuff pack's release but patched in later or before? Because while Dangerous isn't guaranteed to be the winning theme (all this talk about wanting to do laundry makes me want to invite half of the forum to my house to do mine, heh), the Brave/Coward traits would go well with any of the potential categories that the "dangerous" could entail. Just wanted to know if that was a possibility. Thanks in advance!
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    So it sounds like most people are looking at this pack from a generational/legacy point of view? Wanting more depth to the experience when a loved one dies, like having a graveyard and a proper funeral?

Is that right? People are less interested in the aspect of having more ways to kill sims?

I don't need funerals in my game, but would like graveyards. I don't want more ways to intentionally kill sims, but would definitely like more risk of death, as long as it makes sense (not death by laughter, which just makes me avoid comedy, because it is too silly for me). If I have to force them to happen, they simply won't (like drowning right now). Risks that others can use to their "advantage" if they want to, is what I would like :)

I only put this theme 3rd on my list, simply because it could be a theme I would welcome (risk of death, graveyard), but could also just be more about the ghosts, which I would have zero interest in.

Agree so much! I put it second too because I was afraid it would turn into Ts4 Afterlife. But I'm really interested in new potential accidents and death types.

*looks at your avatar*

what-is-the-truth-oprah.gif
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2017
    This was my number one pick! Life is unbearably mundane in the sims and expansion on death would be great. I am hoping it might also add an unexpected death type or two as well.

Funerals, and inheritance would also be nice to have back.

Currently too much sunshine and happy days, it's like a Barbie world.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I ranked this pretty high (not number 1, though) because I love the idea of funerals. I'm not interested in them doing more with ghosts or the grim reaper, but I'd like funerals and more ways to die.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I'm excited by the possibility of proper mourning attire. Also I think there is a great beauty to graveyards. I don't mean in a morbid way but the architecture re: tombs and headstones and all that. I'm also fascinated by ghosts and really loved the way death was handled in TS3. It felt much more fleshed out in that my sim seemed to actually mourn their dead for a lot longer. This was the only option that really piqued my interest and I hope to see it develop at some point.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Funerals, graveyards, goth and mourning clothing, new coffins and tombs, a funeral parlor, undertaker, gravedigger, playable Reaper.....DEATH....my GAHD, the possibilities!!
    #Team Occult
  • frutillefrutille Posts: 10 New Member
    I love the idea of Dangerous! I think it's the most innovative comparing to the other options.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

*looks at your avatar*

what-is-the-truth-oprah.gif

Lol. I can see why that can seem a bit misleading, but he is just a product of the many issues I had with the game early on :)

The ghost in my picture wanted to "try for baby" with his wife on his last day as an elder. Although they were created at the same age, the wife was still an adult due to 7 other times, he had had that whim, and her not aging during pregnancy (he never failed a "try"). I usually move ghosts to my version of a graveyard at the end of the day, before rotating to the next family. He got a couple of days extra because of the pregnancy (I don't rotate away during those, as I don't want the game to play the pregnancies for me or naming the babies). I used to be annoyed at the sims' lack of interest in their babies, but the father as a ghost was the first one to pick up the baby after it was born.... he got to stay and "haunt" the lot (read babysit). And I am still not interested in playing ghosts :)
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Funerals, graveyards, goth and mourning clothing, new coffins and tombs, a funeral parlor, undertaker, gravedigger, playable Reaper.....DEATH....my GAHD, the possibilities!!

It really could be a game pack vs a stuff pack. The new map could be the graveyard and then like you suggested, a career where at the end you are a grim reaper...
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play with aging off, but there are certain sims . . .I just want them to die :naughty::lol:

I still age the sims up, I just like having aging off so I can determine when I age them up. My faves I will keep in my library or on the gallery, but for the most part, they all meet their end eventually.

You're avatar really works well with this post. :)
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Personally this is my second choice. I would love for a cemetery to be included in this. always play with aging on, I find the reason I love the sims so much is the cycle of life playing out in front of my eyes. I get pretty bored when I play things like vampire (fairies in sims 3 etc) because I feel like life should keep rolling on. Death is as important as birth in my opinion. I'd love to see it expanded on in the sims other than the reaper turning up and people crying by a tomb stone. Could be interesting.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    edited April 2017
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    My number one vote!! if its a dangerous pack , please please can there be burglars?!! I think the title is wrong aha before I read the description made me think of natural disasters like a meteorite hitting my sim (again :'D) and burglars ahaha though guess it sounds better than just funeral pack aha I think it should called the ashes to ashes pack or deadmans party stuff pack if it wins :smiley: x really hoping the eco pack doesn't win I get bored of doing laundry in real life let alone in my game aha thank you sim gurus for allowing us to be apart of this!!

I'd rather do laundry than attend a funeral :D;)

But it would be nice to give our sims proper send offs , I do generational gameplay so it would be nice to have that aspect.

Love the extreme careers idea to!! Maybe we can have the rock climbing wall back from sims bustin out!! They could fall off and die due to lack of athletic skill adding another way to die

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    Maybe they're considering the casual crowd that only plays the game to make ugly Sims and set them on fire lol
    900woh.png
    BlueR0se wrote: »

You're avatar really works well with this post. :)

You're right! Lol, emphasis!
    #Team Occult
    shellbeme wrote: »

It really could be a game pack vs a stuff pack. The new map could be the graveyard and then like you suggested, a career where at the end you are a grim reaper...

Brilliant! I would LOVE it to be a whole game pack! Aw man, now I want this to happen. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Love the extreme careers idea to!! Maybe we can have the rock climbing wall back from sims bustin out!!

I'd love to have that object back. We had one in TS3 as well from the store. I'd use it in Granite Falls for adventure holidays!
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I'm just curious of how many people actually play their sims till they die. It just seems like this SP would be made for a very specific target. I might be wrong though, if I am I'm sorry.

actually your right, i don't want none of my sims to die, i juice them up with the youth potion all the time, and if a sim die by mistake i don't save that game....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    It was second choice because of the funerals and thats something we never had before..
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone that this is a $10 stuff pack. Which means one unique item, and stuff. Not ten million ways to die and a magnificent, datable reaper. Let's be realistic. We're talking a funeral, some caskets, headstones, and grieving attire. :/

Actually it is what the Team wants it to be - doesn't matter what it has been but what they determine it should be. They have always said we shouldn't judge the Sims 4 by former sims games - remember their Vision for Sims 4 was not to be like it predecessors - but a new direction. They have also stated they like to see new directions as the game progresses too - so this seems to be one of those new directions - and we really cannot judge this on the past or will set ourselves up for failure or disappointment at most. It is new territory.

I think it is like a Sims adventure - and maybe we will enjoy the ride. Who knows. You can't decide if you don't step up and join the ride. You have nothing to lose you know. If you don't like the results - at least you got the ride. So what's the issue here? Truthfully none of us knows....

We are not talking about "former sims games" we are talking about current SPs.
    21mbz47.jpg