Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »
    So... it's Q&A Monday, and I'm interested - how long have you guys been writing simlit? I've been going nearly a year now :)

I've been turning my Sim's lives into dramatic stories for entertainment for years, since at least Sims 2, but it was always spoken stories, never written. My first official Simlit story for public consumption went like April 25, 2016.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    So... it's Q&A Monday, and I'm interested - how long have you guys been writing simlit? I've been going nearly a year now :)

Oh wow that one I had to go and look up. I have been writing simlit since 2013!! When will your one year be?
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Over two years now-- I completely forgot about my blogaversary in March!

• Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

I started writing like days after TS4 came out lol, so like 2.5 years?
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Good morning (or happy timezones)! I have a new chapter up today. The neighborhood club finally arrives in Forgotten Hollow to harvest garlic to help ward off those pesky vampires who insist on breaking into Sims' homes to drink their plasma without permission. Shhh! No one tell them they could just order garlic seeds on the internet.
    club-around-the-campire.png
    03-09-17_11-07-42c2a0pm.png
    find-1.png
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member

Just the past 3 or so months :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »

I started writing like days after TS4 came out lol, so like 2.5 years?

i started writing when the lounge started. i rember because if you look somewhere in the front pages is me saying i guess if i'm going to co found a writers lounge i actually need to write something. it was whatever i wrote before the benders .
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hey, friends...stopping by to say hi.

I worked until 1:30am counting things at work...off today, so I'm getting brunch with my cousin, then we're seeing Beauty and the Beast.

What's your day look like??
    yeah no adulting today.

@friendsfan367 It's highly overrated! Good choice :)
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member

A little over 2 years now. I used to do it more frequently but eh, life.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member

I worked until 1:30am counting things at work...off today, so I'm getting brunch with my cousin, then we're seeing Beauty and the Beast.

I had to pause for a sec. Is that really you @aroseinbloom ???

Long time no posting, I see.

Anyways, I'm not up to much today. Just going to do some portfolio work, a little writing and a TV binge later on.

How have you been?
    Origin ID: Shar1W
    sunnyshay wrote: »

I had to pause for a sec. Is that really you @aroseinbloom ???

Long time no posting, I see.

Anyways, I'm not up to much today. Just going to do some portfolio work, a little writing and a TV binge later on.

How have you been?

It's me, it's me! @sunnyshay.

Sounds like a nice day.

I've been well. My crazy work hours prevent me from having energy to engage these days, but I'm trying to fight against it a little.

Also, I've been playing the heck out of Overwatch.

Miss you! <3
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member

I've been doing SimLit for 2 years now. :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've loved reading all your answers! :D Thank you so much! I've been looking up to you guys the whole time I've been here, so it's great to know more about what got you started :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    @friendsfan367 I had a dream about you lol. Well, not about you, but you were in it. Of course I have no idea what you look like lol. Me, you, @aroseinbloom and @Meggles were at an airport. We weren't together, but we just all happened to be there. I didn't know who you were, but you knew me of course. You started a conversation with me and I thought you were just a chatty lady at the airport lol. But then you started talking about things strangers wouldn't know and I was like waaaaait a minute. Who are you?! LOL, you were like "I'm friendsfan!" I stood there looking at you and I couldn't believe it. Then I shouted your real name and gave you a bear hug (this person who was supposed to be you was so short lol). Then you laughed at me because you were enjoying trolling me in "real" life. :p Then I called Meg and Rosey over and introduced you. The end. :D
    forum_final.png

@friendsfan367 I had a dream about you lol. Well, not about you, but you were in it. Of course I have no idea what you look like lol. Me, you, @aroseinbloom and @Meggles were at an airport. We weren't together, but we just all happened to be there. I didn't know who you were, but you knew me of course. You started a conversation with me and I thought you were just a chatty lady at the airport lol. But then you started talking about things strangers wouldn't know and I was like waaaaait a minute. Who are you?! LOL, you were like "I'm friendsfan!" I stood there looking at you and I couldn't believe it. Then I shouted your real name and gave you a bear hug (this person who was supposed to be you was so short lol). Then you laughed at me because you were enjoying trolling me in "real" life. :p Then I called Meg and Rosey over and introduced you. The end. :D

but i'm like you in real life. i don't talk much.. but its nice to be included in your subconcious.

I like this dream...what airport should we all meet up at? Hehe

the one in jes mind sounds fun.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member

This whole entire week is going to be filled with zero plans, aside from much overdue housework. I quit my desk job and soon I will be starting a new one next Monday! So I am taking this time to relax and just recharge. Missed you here Rose!

LOL it's dangerous in there!
    forum_final.png

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

School, studying, potentially doing some work for other classes since I'm going to be missing Thursday and Friday. I might do some writing as well if I have time.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'm not saying that I want Clara from Ashes to Ashes as she is right now (middle-aged and toned-down and fatter) to treat me like the petulant woman-child I am and then bang me, but please? :p

Bre from @ra3rei 's Ghost of a Chance is my close, close runner-up. I love her big nose and full figure and the shots of her in lingerie in the wedding chapter. Julia is so lucky!

Both of them have very attractive personalities too. It's hard to pick a favorite between Clara's brash and emotional reactions, and Bre's...daringness? She always feels like the stronger counterpart to Julia (who I guess is a little too close to reality for me :tongue:).

Lol - Bre is a bit more edgy that the much more prosaic Julia. She is so much fun to dress! She and Julia do match well, I think. And kind of funny that you crush her and Clara. Both are descendants of Jade! I wonder how much Clara still has in common with Jade that far down the line.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member

Aside from the usual school work and a test on Friday, today starts a week of celebrations for my school's history and accomplishments. There's going to be lots of fun events, including a concert series on Friday. I'm hoping to participate in the events.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

LOL it's dangerous in there!

@Jes2G I was just at STL Lambert, Chicago Midway, and NY LaGuardia airports so I vote STL or Midway, lol. LaGuardia was AWFUL.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top