Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Sims Freeplay be played offline?

I recently got a smartphone, & I was looking through the Play store. I came across this "No wifi? No problem." section.
I saw that they had Sims Freeplay in it, so I downloaded it.
However, when I'm offline & press "start new game" I get this screen:
PmtIVUV.png
It says I need to be online...?

What's the deal here? Is there an "offline mode" that I need to enable somehow, or did Google miscatagorize Freeplay?

I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
Enjoy!

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    It's miscategorized. You have to be on wifi or a cellular network to open it.
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    Okay, thanks for confirming what I suspected. I'll see if Google has a place to report that mistake.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Okay, thanks for confirming what I suspected. I'll see if Google has a place to report that mistake.
    The Sims Freeplay isn't among the games in that category in Google Play in my country (Denmark).
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm not able to create a new thread for some reason, so Ill post it here. Hopefully someone sees it. Does anyone know when the next update for Sims Freeplay will be available? I googled it and it says the update is available now. I searched the Google Play store and the update isnt showing. I'm not able to update my game yet. Does anyone know where/when I can find out?
  • SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    Do any of you players in Freeplay know how to remove sunglasses on your sim once you put them on please?
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited April 2017
    SloanyBear wrote: »
    Do any of you players in Freeplay know how to remove sunglasses on your sim once you put them on please?
    You can do that by tapping on the wardrobe and selecting "change clothes". But it says that it requires VIP 9 to give them sunglasses at all :#;)
  • SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    Thank you for responding, I appreciate it.
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    Hi @MusicMeg222 ,

Sorry this response is late but i only just saw your question.

'New members ', i.e. those with <50 points have had the ability to create a new thread removed so we are having to put questions as comments in places where they are not relevant and cannot be easily seen by many people.

We are somehow supposed to amass 50 points from getting likes etc. on our comments even though a lot of the threads are about specific events that have finished and are no longer being discussed.

I suppose you have by now found the update or missed the event.

I too am working on gathering the 50 points that are required to allow me to post on this forum again.

Good luck.
  • Marysimmer1971Marysimmer1971 Posts: 20 New Member
    [quote="MusicMeg222;c-15657556"]I'm not able to create a new thread for some reason, so Ill post it here. Hopefully someone sees it. Does anyone know when the next update for Sims Freeplay will be available? I googled it and it says the update is available now. I searched the Google Play store and the update isnt showing. I'm not able to update my game yet. Does anyone know where/when I can find out?[/quote]

Go to your cloud sabe data and uninstall and go to play store and install
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    unfortunately simsfreeplay needs forced networking,and this game missing free will is strongly dissatisfied with my opinion :/
  • Blackphanter18Blackphanter18 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yoh how can I play this game offline??
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Yoh how can I play this game offline??

you can't play this offline
  • Mia123321Mia123321 Posts: 1 New Member
    [b]So i do not think it works for all but if u start the game in a wifi spot than if u go to a non wifi spot it work for some time. :) B) [/b]
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    You cannot play it offline. However, obviously if you were out and you had your phone, you would be able to use your Mobile Data. :smiley:
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Basti_Basti17Basti_Basti17 Posts: 1 New Member
    I usually open the game online then turn off my wifi when im already playing 😁
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top