Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    DANG, winners are not reported here? I'd need to become a Twit? Well, in that case, I'll never know if I ever win a challenge. Too Bad.

@FoundMarbles , winners are reported on this thread. The link to the winners and critiques is always posted on the main thread (the one we're on now) as well.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    DANG, winners are not reported here? I'd need to become a Twit? Well, in that case, I'll never know if I ever win a challenge. Too Bad.

@FoundMarbles , winners are reported on this thread. The link to the winners and critiques is always posted on the main thread (the one we're on now) as well.

YAH! Thank You!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    Thank you @FaithofKaela. I wasn't sure if I'd have enough money at the end of landscape it, $40,000 was so tight!
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Just finished the exterior!!

BOGTdM9.png
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    Do I have to add toddler chairs?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @golden_glow Great Tudor! Love the pond!!

@SyddyB206 The exterior looks great!
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Do I have to add toddler chairs?
    Well, the brief does mention toddlers, but in the end it's up to you.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @golden_glow, really lovely tudor. Absolutely charming!. @SyddyB206 Looks great!! You're ahead of me at this point. I've already bulldozed four builds and still not coming up with anything I'm happy with.
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member

BOGTdM9.png

Love this. What neighbourhood is this in?

BOGTdM9.png

Love this. What neighbourhood is this in?

Oasis Springs
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @SyddyB206 are you sure thats one of the lots we are supposed to be building on? there are 2 lots we can pick from(:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @WiggleyTuff - It looks like the Vista Quarry to me.......
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited April 2017

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 66 - Somewhere
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Artist Family Home
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7EB0BD0E179811E7850917952A7A4D81
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 92,321
    TOTAL COST: 93,821
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/OhCty
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern build in white plaster and wood, Living room open to second level with balcony over kitchen. There is a private entrance to the au-pairs room and bath. Most of the artwork was done by Rothko. Lot is on Mid-Nowhere in Windenburg
    BUfGfWQ.png

SIM: Late Start
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9527721D179811E7853C17952A7A4D81
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/oabD2
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mitsuko is a creative, family oriented, music-loving muser, with an aspiration to be a musical genius. She is well on her way with level 10 in piano skils. Rothko is a creative, art-loving muser and a snob with an aspiration to become a Painter Extraordinaire. His painting level skills are 10. Kiki and Akiko are as different as twins can be. Kiki is angelic and Akiko is wild. They have had a minimum amount of toilet training and could use some help. Back story: Mitsuko moved to NYC from Japan with her then husband, and put her musical career on hold in order to help him pursue his and start a family. 20 years later, he left her for a 27-yr old second violinist using Mitsuko's barrenness as his excuse. Force to learn to be self sufficient and independant, Mitsuko began playing piano at private functions and art galleries. It was at one of these functions she met Rothko. Rothko, a self-absorbed abstract artist and confirmed bachelor, had prided himself on his knowledge of old-school R&B and classic rock. He had no time for classical piano, but upon hearing Mitsuko play, his heart melted and he was instantly in love. Four months later, Mitsuko found herself impossibly pregnant just days before her 50th birthday. Seven months after that, she gave birth to healthy twin girls and she and Rothko were married only hours later by the hospital chaplain.
    Q5t7bch.jpg

ROOM: Toddler Panache https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CA1792DC170111E7878666AA568FC1CB
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/jCZA1
    ENTRY DETAILS: I stuck with the black and white. I was afraid that adding natural tones would make it too busy. It's very bright with lots of windows and there are two potty chairs, a tablet and some toys on the shelves to make it not too adult. I chose the bubbly wallpaper and crazy light fixture to add at least some fun to the room.
    Constructive Criticism is always welcome.
    No CC
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    edited April 2017
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    ROOM: Toddler Panache https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/614165F216F511E78B2366AA568FC1CB
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/jCZA1
    ENTRY DETAILS: I stuck with the black and white. I was afraid that adding natural tones would make it too busy. It's very bright with lots of windows and there are two potty chairs, a tablet and some toys on the shelves to make it not too adult. I chose the bubbly wallpaper and crazy light fixture to add at least some fun to the room.
    KXMNk5y.pngh3NmkLk.png
    Constructive Criticism is always welcome.
    No CC

@Ainsleyf - the room looks fantastic, but you really need to keep to the specified entry form on the front page, if you don't, it makes like very complicated when it comes to compiling all the entries. It also means we know exactly which parts of which challenge each person has entered. Don't forget you can go back in and edit your post with the details for the different part of your entry.
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    So sorry @BuildnShare. So I'm guessing If I want to enter more than one part of the challenge, I should either save it all to go onto one form or post the form and then edit if and when I add other parts of the entry?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    The builds are looking great so far! I'm at "that" point. "BUT I have to have EVERYTHING in here or it doesn't work." "But you have you to let something go." "But I have to have EVERYTHING!" "But you have to." BUT I CAN'T!" "Grasshopper... let it go, let it go- don't hold on anymore.... let it go and... umm... well grasshopper, I forgot the rest of the song but for sim's sake it's just a house cut something out!"
    @SyddyB206 are you sure thats one of the lots we are supposed to be building on? there are 2 lots we can pick from(:

Yes, It's vista quarry in oasis springs
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited April 2017
    FORUM ID:FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID:FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT: Light & Stone https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/73A00183176F11E7824E17952A7A4D81?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §1500
    BUILD COST: §94749
    TOTAL COST: §96249
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http: http://imgur.com/a/wAPvI
    ENTRY DETAILS: This Windenburg Island home with it's stone veneer and wood cladding is in keeping with natural finishes. The house is secluded enough to do without window coverings which the home owner thinks would spoil the clean, sharp lines. The pool is fully fenced to prevent toddlers from drowning. The Sprinkler system's control box is in the closet under the stairs to hide it's ugliness.Though the nursery is as serious as the rest of the home, a nod to children is provided by brightly colored wall art and clothing. The Nanny's room has wall art showing her association with children. All else is in keeping with the black & white except the art works. A top floor studio will satisfy the professional artist and is well away from household noise and commotion. Art abounds!

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3A8712B6173F11E7892F9D804C84730A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/b5nAHrX
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Rothko Close hs a gentle spirit even as he is ambitious and self assured in the field of art. He is cheerful and creative and these traits serve the children well. Rothko is affectionate with Mitsuko. They are demonstrative with the children and each other. Mitsuko is a creative pianist, loves books and is cheerful and attentive. Kichi and Akiko are charming and angelic. This is a family that gets on well with each other.These parents are mature enough to have their wants and desires balanced. Their priorities are all in order.

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes! Please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    HHsAgld.jpgyIhBj44.png
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    So sorry @BuildnShare. So I'm guessing If I want to enter more than one part of the challenge, I should either save it all to go onto one form or post the form and then edit if and when I add other parts of the entry?
    @Ainsleyf - Yep that's correct, either of those options would be fine!

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you @buildnshare. I apologize for my former ignorance. My entry is done and I believe it's all in order..sims, house and room! Thanks again and I really don't TRY to be a pain in the you-know. It just comes natural.

NICE @FoundMarbles! I love the 3rd floor outside comfy furnished deck and your dollhouse shot was great! Gallery link for Sims took me to one photo, though. Is it supposed to go to an album?
    Thank you @buildnshare. I apologize for my former ignorance. My entry is done and I believe it's all in order..sims, house and room! Thanks again and I really don't TRY to be a pain in the you-know. It just comes natural.

NICE @FoundMarbles! I love the 3rd floor outside comfy furnished deck and your dollhouse shot was great! Gallery link for Sims took me to one photo, though. Is it supposed to go to an album?
    @Ainsleyf - don't worry!! You certainly aren't a pain the in you what...

GArBA5W.jpg
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Amazing builds so far, wow! @Ainsleyf and @FoundMarbles
    I have to admit I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this challenge, I feel like my attempts don't have the glamorous look this family needs. But I'll keep trying!
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    FORUM ID: undressyourbones
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Somewhere...Modern Re-Up.
    LOT COST: §0.00
    BUILD COST: §92,883
    TOTAL COST: §92,883
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the most part, the place is white, but when I did add some color, I only tried to do it with natural
    materials like the wood paneling on the outside and the wood flooring . etc. Otherwise the place is pretty monotone.
    Not too much furniture, only furniture that would serve a purpose.

SIM:
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I imagined that because they were an older couple, that they most likely went the adoptive route
    and adopted two beautiful twin girls!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

xxtZxEG.png
    wCjb6oE.png
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    @Ainsleyf
    Thank you @buildnshare.

Thank you! I repaired the link to the "Sims" slide show. Thank you for the headds up!
    edited April 2017
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO #65 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART 3

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top