Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kid living alone?

I was just going through manage worlds and all my houses and there is a child living alone. Is this suppose to happen?

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Nope.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    I wonder how that happened. I'd totally try playing as a kid. I wonder what you could do to make money. Sell fish and collectibles I suppose.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I would remove its hair and check for a "666".

You never know.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    This makes me wonder. What happens if as you're playing a household all the adults die? Does the game end? Child(ren) get taken away?

Also interested to know if you can even play that household with the child.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Weird. Did it used to have parents but they died? I'm surprised the kid wasn't culled from the game. I don't think even MCCC stops that with its no culling setting.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I was just going through manage worlds and all my houses and there is a child living alone. Is this suppose to happen?

Are you talking about looking in mange worlds and checking the tabs played and unplayed?

I played a grandpa and grandkid. When the grandpa died, I had the option to end game or move grandkid in with another family in the world.

Maybe the patch fixed something for you, but broke this? Never heard of a child living alone :o
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    does it say he is currently in world, which one? maybe is isn't in a world yet
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Weird. Did it used to have parents but they died? I'm surprised the kid wasn't culled from the game. I don't think even MCCC stops that with its no culling setting.

He's in Oasis Springs. He did have parents at some point. I never played this household but he was born in game, I created his parents and just let MCCC story progression do it's thing. His parents may have died, I wasn't keeping track. But there he is in this big house all by himself.

I took this with my cell phone since I didn't think you can take a screenshot of the world...

IMG_8004_zpshygumx4m.jpg
    I wonder if the game will give you a Game Over message if you try to play as him, or if you can actually play that way. You need to try it for us... for SCIENCE!

edited April 2017
    Wow, I bet if you went in to play him, it would pop up "game over"! Are you going to play him and see what happens?
    I don't play with mods or cc, did you check for an update?
    You can always go back to main menu and don't save if it's Game Over. Then maybe he can grow up all alone and unplayed. At least to teenager.

ok so I went in to play him and it seems very glitched out. Very strange.
    That's so odd. I'd back out to the main menu and leave him unplayed. Maybe with aging on he'll age to a teen and be okay.

ok so I went in to play him and it seems very glitched out. Very strange.

Do tell!!
    I play with MC Commander, but I haven't run across anything like this. Maybe @egwarhammer might know if this has anything to do with the mod.

it would not let me control him. I couldn't command him to do anything. I'm just going to delete him
    it would not let me control him. I couldn't command him to do anything. I'm just going to delete him

Now that is the time you can actually "watch" your sim do it all? :D
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Man, I'm pretty jealous of that kid.....at his age, I had to share a bedroom in an apartment with my little brother. This kid here is styling with a very nice house, lol.

You could always age him up in household management to a teen or young adult too. That may fix him.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Just add Sims to the house - call a butler or Nanny or just let your Sims take over the house. Then take the whole household into edit and maybe make him a nephew or little brother of one of them. You should be able to move Sims in there with him for free.

In pass Sims games if there was no nanny or butler - Social services comes and gets the kid, ( but if there is a Nanny - the nanny will even stay indefinitely in Sims 2 or 3 -) I have never had this happen in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Cruisin40sCruisin40s Posts: 1 New Member
    https://bestsimsmods.com/the-sims-4-children-can-live-alone-after-all-elders-died/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    When I was first playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge I brought my Superstar over from Sims 3 to become my Founder. Both he and his wife died on the very same day just hours apart. She autonomously came home from work early and died out on the front walkway. This left two Teens and a Child alone. Since there were Teens in the house there was no notice to quit. I am surprised, however, that somehow a Child would be alone. Mostly, they're not equipped to take on managing a house on their own. Who pays the bills? Ask most kids and they aren't even aware there are bills. LOL This has got to be some kind of glitch. Maybe you should attempt to play that household and see what happens?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Not quite a kid alone, but when i discovered the first person camera mode existed, I tried out a few different way of playing with it and then i had this bright idea to try and play a kid in first person to two parents with the hate children trait. I didn't last a sim day.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I’ve had this happen to me. A couple times. I was going through my “ other households” to delete some of my over populated townies and saw him. He was living in the Johnny Zest trailer. I was surprised he was living alone and kept him to check out later. I was playing my wealthy household when I noticed him walking past the house. I just shift clicked on him and added him to my household and had the parents adopt him as his caretaker. The second time I saw it I just moved the child in with another townie household. Both times the child was male and had 20,000 dollars in their household funds. I have mods so I thought it was because of them.
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for the additional observations everyone!

This thread is quite old so not all of these may have been an option at the time, but they may help anyone else that runs across this thread later on.

This thread itself is being locked to avoid continued necroposting but feel free to continue the discussion in a new thread!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top