Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 009 - Rules

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Karise Wow! You're farther ahead that I'd expected. Pregnant already? Awesome. I had an idea last time I'd done this one with how to do the layout underground so I think I'll try it... if I can ever get myself in gear and finish 008 that is.
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Baby Jean has now been born and I may have done that a little too soon - time will tell, I guess. :smiley: Isobel's level 5 and Zane's level 4 so they've quite a way to go. Last time I waited a while before having any kids but with toddlers it's more difficult to judge. Just had a vampire sneak into the "house" but all he did was play on the computer. I wasn't planning on having a garden this time (had no vampires at all last house and no garlic braids/garlands) but I might have to invest. I haven't decided on my house layout yet either. At the moment it's still a box :smiley:
    @Karise I agree. Toddlers make it very confusing trying to determine when to have the heir. I gave up and got a mod that's supposed to keep vamps only in Forgotten Hollow somehow. I'm just spending way too much energy becoming aggravated with them.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    @Vihisha me too and I looked around the neighbourhood several times thinking I must be going mad - and I checked all the houses already built to make sure I hadn't built in the wrong place too!
    Anyway, I've moved Isobel into the right place with her new roommate, Zane Holbrook and got them both jobs. :smile:
    *thumbs up* I'm glad we got that all sorted so u could get back 2 playing!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Jean is now a toddler and Isobel and Zane have both had another promotion. The house is still a box but I've an idea for what I want to do with it now. We had another vampire visit but she didn't do anything other than stand by the stairs looking around (she was ignored). I think perhaps they're visiting because there aren't any doors at the moment. Quite literally anyone can just walk down the stairs and be in the house so I need to build an entrance and get some garlic braids!
    @Karise I can just picture of some vampire walking and falling into a hole in the ground into their house! :D
    edited April 2017
    I've changed the home now so I have an entrance and garlic garlands so if any vampires do fall down the hole they should climb out again very quickly, lol. Isobel is level 7 in her career and Zane is level 5 so still some way to go and Jean has just become a child.
    @Karise Good luck with the garlic braids. Just one kid this time then?
    @Rainydayz179 At the moment :smiley:
    @Rainydayz179 After what you said I thought "why the heck not?" so we welcome baby Jaklyn to the family :smiley: Isobel got another promotion to level 8 and chose the diamond branch and Zane is now level 6. I've decided to go with a "park" theme as a disguise but I'm going to use the in game sets so there'll be a maze and other stuff. Pity it won't be open to the public once the house is finished but I guess I could do it again if I get the opportunity.
    @Karise Grats on the nooboo. You could always change the lot type to park after they move out. Sounds like it's going to look pretty cool.
    @Rainydayz179 thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing what illusie does - given how big and elaborate she usually makes her houses :smile:
    @Karise Yea, it should be pretty cool. Hopefully, I can get my butt into gear and play so I can actually get to this house!
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Karise Wow, you're moving fast!
    @misfit091376 It doesn't feel like it to me. :smiley: I keep playing other games to try and let others catch up but the drifters have this hypnotic hold on me and keep drawing me back to them. I can hear them calling "come and play meeeee". So I do, lol. I guess it helps that I don't have to work so I have more time to play.
    @Karise That's exactly the way I've been about reading books since I was sick for almost a month. Now as soon as I finish one I'm looking to see what to read next. I keep thinking I need to play Sims but the draw isn't there right now, unfortunately. Hopefully, I don't get too far behind everyone! :/
    @Karise Lol, the drifters always brings me back!
    @Rainydayz179 I've had phases like that when I've just played and played a game - not just the Sims - until I really can't face playing that game for a while. I found it helps to do something else for a bit - like you're doing with reading - until I'm ready to return to that particular game. If I try and force myself to play it then I'll feel a bit cross or upset and it'll take me even longer to get back to playing whatever game it is. So I understand how you feel and the Drifters will be here when you're ready. :smiley:
    @Karise I know what you mean! I played WoW for years practically non-stop. I did the same thing with Sims Online before it was closed down and then Second Life after it was. I keep trying to find a balance and not obsessively play games but it never happens. It's all or nothing. :D
    I keep playing other games to try and let others catch up but the drifters have this hypnotic hold on me and keep drawing me back to them. I can hear them calling "come and play meeeee". So I do, lol..
    LMAO
    @Karise Lol, the drifters always brings me back!
    Woot woot!
    @Karise That's exactly the way I've been about reading books since I was sick for almost a month. Now as soon as I finish one I'm looking to see what to read next. I keep thinking I need to play Sims but the draw isn't there right now, unfortunately. Hopefully, I don't get too far behind everyone! :/
    I'm just now dabbling w/my Sims again...MOSTLY Build Mode atm..but I'm coming back around LOL We'll b here when you're ready 2 start Drifting again!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Vihisha Glad to hear your sims-drive is coming back! I had to take a break this last week, too. Just too much testing in too short a time, and my brain started frying. I don't know how you did it for so many months in succession with creating the Drifter challenge. It's really quite hard to do!
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I'm just now dabbling w/my Sims again...MOSTLY Build Mode atm..but I'm coming back around LOL We'll b here when you're ready 2 start Drifting again!

Same here. Off and on. I'm trying not to play too much, so I don't get tired of it again. Good to see you playing again :)
    @Vihisha Glad to hear your sims-drive is coming back! I had to take a break this last week, too. Just too much testing in too short a time, and my brain started frying. I don't know how you did it for so many months in succession with creating the Drifter challenge. It's really quite hard to do!

Good to see you here again ;)
    @Vihisha Good to see you back.
    I won't lie...there were times I was ready 2 flip my desk LMAO But now that all The Drifter Challenge planning is finished...I have such a HUGE sense of accomplishment...it was all worth it! The joy I get helping others enjoy this game we all have in common....can't beat that! =)
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Same here. Off and on. I'm trying not to play too much, so I don't get tired of it again. Good to see you playing again :)
    Just ease back into it! It feels good being excited about my Sims again!! Truth b told..it's been the Build/Buy Mode that's been sucking me in!
    @Vihisha Good to see you back.
    THX!! It's good 2 WANT 2 b playing again LOL
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    This house seems interesting. I actually started over three times because building basements is finicky and I kept putting walls in the wrong place and getting annoyed with trying to fix it. Luckily it was only ever two or three days!

Mayra and Ari

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top