Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turn down emotions about 5 notches

snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Dang enough already my sims go from happy to inspired to focused to very flirty in about 30 sim minutes and they are just standing doing nothing, I have tested it a lot and it's the same, it's ruining relationships with un played house holds, played households it's just to much give personality and stop this bad idea from the get go and please remove emotion items or give us a reward trait like the vampires have to dull emotions. I know they still have the emotions they just stop making all those goofy poses it's just so silly to watch, this game needs to be more like sims2 when you play one household all the others are paused that way your relationships with other households don't get messed up with all the flirty plum that seems to be rated very very high
The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y

Comments

• AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I agree! In reality, nobody changes emotion that quickly from that short amount of time. EA needs to fix this as soon as possible, it's making holding longer conversations nearly impossible. They need to focus on the emotions of the aftermath of a dramatic event, like an affair or a death. They can call a pretend hotline and they will be smiling from cheek to cheek, how does that make some form of sense?
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    Its getting on my nerves and then my sims just stand there idle
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I agree! In reality, nobody changes emotion that quickly from that short amount of time. EA needs to fix this as soon as possible, it's making holding longer conversations nearly impossible. They need to focus on the emotions of the aftermath of a dramatic event, like an affair or a death. They can call a pretend hotline and they will be smiling from cheek to cheek, how does that make some form of sense?
    Yes to base the game entirely on emotions was a bad idea to start with, when you look back at the other sims games it was kind of like they had emotions, if a sim cheated on the spouse and got caught oh boy repairing it was out of the question you lost that love but maybe you might at least not fight every time they see each other so is that emotions? I think it is, also if a female has had a baby recently flirting was rejected that's kind of a emotions of disgust and a slob if dirty flirting was out too. I love the sims but this version to me is so wacked out the delvs must have mental emotions so they imposed it on the game, if I had been working on this game I would have stayed with the traditions of the sims back ground but added up to date sims and worlds too
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree with every word of this!

I hate the emotion system in the sims 4. Newsflash to developers: the sims 1-3 had emotion, they just didn't need a box telling us what the emotion supposedly is*
    *Supposedly because my sim caught her husband cheating, she walked downstairs and she became happy. As one does, when you hear news of your spouse cheating on you with the next door neighbour.
    edited April 2017
    @MidnightAura if you think back in sims2 and one is caught cheating the cheater moved out it was an auto response and to me that is real life then you had to work triple hard to even be friends again if ever. Those sims never forgot the wrong doings
    This game is just to busy all the time it's like it takes me on an emotional roller coaster you can't even get visitor to be still long enough to chat and it is even worse if you visit them
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @MidnightAura if you think back in sims2 and one is caught cheating the cheater moved out it was an auto response and to me that is real life then you had to work triple hard to even be friends again if ever. Those sims never forgot the wrong doings
    This game is just to busy all the time it's like it takes me on an emotional roller coaster you can't even get visitor to be still long enough to chat and it is even worse if you visit them

Yup the furious state is one of my favourite things about the sims 2. My sims 1 sims weren't so hot on cheating either. I like that in the sims 3 how you behave matters in public if you are cheating, you can get a bad reputation. In the sims 4 I have a sim who is seeinf 5 guys. 2 are romantic interests I made, 3 are ones the game gave her including a girl. :s

I have nothing against gay couples but I didn't want this sim to be gay, that wasn't part of her story.

Weirder stories yes. Just not my stories.
    edited April 2017
    @MidnightAura Some may disagree with me but Caleb Vatore even though he likes females I think he likes males better, I have two females married to him and they have to make him get flirty his attention span is the size of a toddlers but some times he would anon romantic gestures, but I have him married to a male in one save game and he never stops being romantic go figure huh? of course it could be just my game who knows it just strikes me that he has secret code written in his character LOL but I see how he is with my male and I keep wishing he was like that with his female spouses
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Its getting on my nerves and then my sims just stand there idle

This.
    p6tqefj
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Agreed the emotions need tuning; here's how I deal with it in my game:

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2017
    Pegasys wrote: »

Those solutions are great and work well. That is until that mod you use is no longer updated. I had a great one. It was broken and too many months went by until someone else made one that I didn't like as much. It was fine, I guess (mind the pun), but it wasn't as good. The real problem is that one shouldn't have to rely on mods to play the game. Mods should be enhancements and other fun things, but they should never exist to correct a game.

I love mods. But the mods I tend to love the most are the ones I don't actually need.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Thanks!! I had no idea I could do that (feel kind of stu... plum) and I so dislike those sound effects. It distracts me and it stands in my way while playing.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @kremesch73 I rather not use any mods I keep my game clean or if that is possible but this whole emotions rule on the delvs part was really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or they should have included an option with the base game to turn emotions off but no they just half baked this game instead