Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can time go faster?

Sometimes when my Sim sleeps or when he is at work, times go much faster on Ultra speed, and sometimes it doesnt. Does that depend on something or what?

Hope u udnerstand me :)

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    bottom center of the screen you have the play/pause button and the fast forward and ultra fast forward you can use those.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    I know that, but the thing is when i set to ultra speed (3) sometimes it goes much faster when I sleep or at work, but sometimes it just goes regualr ultra speed. I want it to go faster whenever I sleep or at work
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    It goes that ultra speed when everyone is asleep or gone. If there is someone awake/napping it won't go super fast like when you are sleeping or at work.
  • CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    It goes that ultra speed when everyone is asleep or gone. If there is someone awake/napping it won't go super fast like when you are sleeping or at work.

Or if a ghost shows up as well.
    Well I live alone atm, I jsut made my sim, and when hes sleepn it goes ultra fast...when hes at work it goes ultra fast 1st two hours than it just goes reguar 3rd speed :C And I lvie alone and no ghosts are around :)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    ShadyPro wrote: »
    Sometimes when my Sim sleeps or when he is at work, times go much faster on Ultra speed, and sometimes it doesnt. Does that depend on something or what?

Hope u udnerstand me :)

I know exactly what you mean. It is like the ultra speed has two settings, so 4 settings in all. I too would love to know what this and how to switch between them.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    yep :)
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I get what you mean. Sometimes it'll go so fast that the numbers blur out and it takes like 3 seconds IRL for my sim to sleep. But if my sim is napping on the couch it doesn't go that fast.
    WLfAA9V.png
    I get what you mean. Sometimes it'll go so fast that the numbers blur out and it takes like 3 seconds IRL for my sim to sleep. But if my sim is napping on the couch it doesn't go that fast.

It is really odd, I have had it not going at the fastest setting even if they are properly asleep. Same for when a Sim is at work/school. Not been able to decide why...I actually find it annoying - lol
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh sorry.

I find it funny I never liked the fast forward buttons, pause and play i use but i never really fast forward. the sim day goes by fast enough in my opinion.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Oh sorry.

I find it funny I never liked the fast forward buttons, pause and play i use but i never really fast forward. the sim day goes by fast enough in my opinion.

I actually don't use them very much either, but there is the odd occasion when I do. Sometimes I may 'grind' a new Sim if I want a new character with some ready skills, etc.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • KawaiiGoatPlayzKawaiiGoatPlayz Posts: 2 New Member
    i want to kill a sim to take over its house. Is there a cheat that is allows me to fast forward or should i wait. But i dont like using cheats or hacks. it makes me feel bad D: XD
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    i want to kill a sim to take over its house. Is there a cheat that is allows me to fast forward or should i wait. But i dont like using cheats or hacks. it makes me feel bad D: XD

Do you have any particular reason to need the Sim to die naturally of old age? If not, you can evict the Sim when you move in (it's not only empty homes you can move into!). And if you need that Sim to be dead sooner, there are also cheats for that, if you play as that Sim (see
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Death) or you can target the Sim for death using the mod suite MC Command Center (deaderpool.tumblr.com). Or just go to Manage Worlds > Manage Households and delete the household.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ultra speed only happens when either all sims in the household are asleep or when no Sims from the household are in the neighborhood of the active lot.

While the game is on ultra speed 3 no sims are being simulated in the world, and the surrounding areas will be empty.
  • WeetbitWeetbit Posts: 2 New Member
    I just had the exact issue and I think if your Sim has a low need (mine was bladder), then time runs slowly. I have two Sims, both of which were about to wet themselves, so after they went to the bathroom, the time sped up again.
  • HarleyQuinn8574HarleyQuinn8574 Posts: 6 New Member
    Make sure your sim is the only one on the lot while asleep, and while gone, no one is on lot. If it's still not going at the fourth speed, make sure it's on the third setting. Sometimes when they leave, it automatically does it, and sometimes it just goes to the normal first setting. Sorry if thats confusing XD. Just when everyone is gone or asleep, press 3 and it should go faster. Hope that helps!