Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blog Help

So one of my Sims has a new obsession- blogging. Which is all fine, the problem is I'm/she is rubbish at it!

I think she is level 2 or 3 in the social media skill. One day she will make a post that gets say 20 followers and her total will be 20 followers. The next time she blogs I will get a pop up saying "so and so thought her blog was ok, she has lost x number of followers"

If they thought it was okay, why is she losing them? I don't think I've ever had her have more than 20 followers maximum. Is writing skill tied in to it? She is a level 4 writing. Does it make a it difference if you write in your own title? Sometimes I do. Is it just luck?

I know it's such a tiny part of the game but I think I'm doing something wrong lol

Comments

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I've never tried to really work this skill, but found this thread from a couple years ago that has some very helpful tips:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/655649/blogging-skill-gaining-followers-3-types-of-blogs
  • Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited March 2017
    1. Are you blogging when your Sim has the Blogged Out moodlet? (I think that is what its called) If I remember correctly that will always make you lose followers.

2. I believe how many followers you get is a mixture of luck, the mood of your Sim, your Social Networking skill level, and writing skill level. Certain traits also effect it - I have a website saved somewhere that lists them, I'll find it and post a link :smile:

I've had quite a few 5 star blogs, I don't really ever sell them though, it takes a lot of effort and I end up becoming rather attached to it :lol:

Edit: Whilst I was writing this post and trying to find up that link, @Surreal beat me to it :smiley: the link they posted has the list of Traits in it.
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    I've never tried to really work this skill, but found this thread from a couple years ago that has some very helpful tips:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/655649/blogging-skill-gaining-followers-3-types-of-blogs
    1. Are you blogging when your Sim has the Blogged Out moodlet? (I think that is what its called) If I remember correctly that will always make you lose followers.

2. I believe how many followers you get is a mixture of luck, the mood of your Sim, your Social Networking skill level, and writing skill level. Certain traits also effect it - I have a website saved somewhere that lists them, I'll find it and post a link :smile:

I've had quite a few 5 star blogs, I don't really ever sell them though, it takes a lot of effort and I end up becoming rather attached to it :lol:

Edit: Whilst I was writing this post and trying to find up that link, @Surreal beat me to it :smiley: the link they posted has the list of Traits in it.

Thank you both! You are both stars!

My sim isn't blogging with the negative moodlet - but I will keep an eye out for that as I didn't know that impacted it.

Learn something new every day in this game!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Oh goodness. Something else I have never really tried in this game. So many things to do, so little time. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Oh goodness. Something else I have never really tried in this game. So many things to do, so little time. :D
    Tell me about it! On top of blogging she wants to learn sculpting and perfect the diving skill her very elderly mum wants her to have kids and she's a self employed writer.

Thank goodness for the age length sliders!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've done a level 5 blog once with a sim. Paying attention to the 'gotta blog about' moodlet was absolutely key. It's something I'll probably not do again though.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've only seriously pursued this with one sim myself. His name is Artful Dodger, "Dodge" for short, and was meant to be a remake of the character from Oliver Twist. He looked bored after a while with nothing to do but pickpocketing (Klepto trait) and corrupting the morals of street urchins, so I had him work on a new skill. He got quite good at it, but it does become overpowering after a while and I'm in no hurry to play through all of that again with another sim either.

But there was something really funny (to me) about a somewhat evil although it was never really his own fault it was his upbringing Dickensian character with successful modern blogs that kept me engaged with that for a while. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net