Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a new venue for bowling or not

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    There might be a new lot one could download, but there is not a new venue type. There is however a new venue behavior that comes with the new bowling pack. Which means that Sims will come to your lot specifically to bowl. The thing with venue behaviors that I have noticed that they work best when those objects work best when placed on lots they were originally designed to be placed on. Mostly they get ignored but you might have the occasional sim who comes to use them. So regarding another tweet by Graham, my guess bowling lanes will work best when placed on bar, nightclub and lounge lots.

Not a new venue type but there is a Venue Called Dustbowl coming with the Bowling Night Sp.

That is true. It is one we can download but it isn't a new venue type. I think that is what people are confused about.

You don't download it. It will be in your library when you go to the gallery. I imagine Maxis Creator might have some additional ones to download but Dust Bowl will be added to your library.

True, I'm just used to downloading stuff...LOL I know if it is included in purchased pack, it is in your library.

We get real particular on here lol

LOL well if one wants get truly technical, the lot is downloaded when you download the pack...LOL (c:

I love that about this forum we get the technical as well as the fun. That's what makes it interesting.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Well, I am looking forward to it.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Thanks I guess the tweets confused me.

Same here, I was confused too. Happy to know I can plop the Dust Bowl in the game and start bowling!

Back on the hype train again :D
    Thanks I guess the tweets confused me.

Same here, I was confused too. Happy to know I can plop the Dust Bowl in the game and start bowling!

Back on the hype train again :D

You and me both. Thanks I was feeling a bit dumb for awhile
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    they do normally have some sort of venue with the community lot type content.

or rooms like they do more in a lot of the sims 4 stuff pack content
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »
    they do normally have some sort of venue with the community lot type content.

or rooms like they do more in a lot of the sims 4 stuff pack content

Thanks.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I wish they would add karaka bars too it, as technology that should still fall under the bar theme and should have the bar lounge events, +the other events.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I wish they would add karaka bars too it, as technology that should still fall under the bar theme and should have the bar lounge events, +the other events.

Out of curiosity wouldn't you want your Sims to split their attention at a karaoke/ bowling alley?
    From the way they describe it, it sounds like none of the Sims would actually watch the singers...they would pretty much all be there to bowl.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017

That's a different kind of bar - just like a lounge is it's own kind of bar - they are not usually combined. Karaoke is a bar where the patrons can sing and many hold out weekly or or even nightly competition where other people in the bars vote for the winner. It usually has a money prize. The most people do in the Karoake bar is drink and eat.

- Lounge usually has entertainment by entertainers - pros usually, and maybe dancing if they have the room if it is a bar with a band and singer. Some lounges have comedians or a nightclub act - some night they may have a dj for just dancing. Karaoke is not that - nor would there be bowling there - bowling is rather loud - lol.

Then there are just regular bars where you might find video games, poker tables, pool tables - those are more likely to offer a small bowling alley with a few lanes if they are big enough or something on that order. They generally just have a juke box for music - no dancing kind of place. It is more of a hang out.

There are also just bowling places - that have a food bar, non-alcoholic drinks, and tournament bowling. No sense having music - you'd never hear it. These are the kind of places you see families go as well as pro bowlers practicing. I used to go to the Brunswick bowling as a kid and later on in life with my whole family. My kids all bowl.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Where I lived as a kid they had a community centre type of thing that had a bowling alley. There is a bowling alley in the White House here in the USA
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    No room. I don't hold with this. I'm the type that if I don't like the house on a lot, it gets bulldozed. LOL I place things where I want them and started doing that in Sims3. Mwahahahaha
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    I think what people are confusing is the pre-built bowling alley that's going to be in our library and an actual bowling alley venue type. We are not getting a new venue type, just a pre-built alley that we can place, and putting the lanes on a community lot will change the behavior of NPC's so that they come and bowl.

Hope that helps clarify ;)

From what I read in the tweets there is no venue for our library, they decided that we are too put the alleys where we want to as there is no room for a new venue. So I am trying to clarify if I am correct in that assumption. As they are claiming there is no room in the game for a separate venue

Okay, here's how I understand it: players are complaining that they have no lots for a new venue type, so by combining the lanes with existing base game venues (bars, lounges, nightclubs), people could replace one of their existing venues with one that includes the bowling. For example, if you've still got the Rattlesnake Bar in Oasis Springs, you could replace that with the Dust Bowl and still have the bar functionality with the additional functionality of bowling. Supposedly you can also put bowling lanes in other venue types as well, but Sims will just use them autonomously and there won't be any special interactions. At least that's how I understand it from comments and Tweets.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I think they limited it to base game content just for practicality -- not everyone has restaurants, cafes or karaoke bars but everyone has bars, lounges and nightclubs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Okay stupid question time: What is the difference between getting a venue and them putting a bowling alley in our library? Does a venue only attract bowlers? Whereas a lot with a bowling alley on it might not? I just have never understood the difference.
    edited March 2017
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Okay plum question time: What is the difference between getting a venue and them putting a bowling alley in our library? Does a venue only attract bowlers? Whereas a lot with a bowling alley on it might not? I just have never understood the difference.

Well that depends on how they made the venue or it's attracting content. The programming makes the difference. It is why some of your sims get obsessed with certain things you put in your sims houses - because sometimes they put the attraction programming to an item in other cases it is to a venue. In the case of the bowling the attraction is set to the bowling but only when the bowling is in a venues they listed. Like if you put the venue in a home or other types of venues - like a park or something they may not have the same attraction for sims they do if in the specific venues it is programmed to have that draw factor.

That is the way I understand this particular object. It is all in the programming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    No room. I don't hold with this. I'm the type that if I don't like the house on a lot, it gets bulldozed. LOL I place things where I want them and started doing that in Sims3. Mwahahahaha

i'd just put the venue in an empty residential lot. if you have already built something on all those empty lots, then i defer to GalacticGal. let the bulldozing begin. lol

i'd just put the venue in an empty residential lot. if you have already built something on all those empty lots, then i defer to GalacticGal. let the bulldozing begin. lol

I agree as the venue is only a 20 x 30 and it is not as if one is bulldozing something huge that took a lot of work in most cases. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I actually prefer what they are doing with the "bowling lots" over having one completely dedicated to JUST bowling. Just think about it. They could expand on this system in the future and have more complex lots. By adding bowling to a pub or bar you get a more interesting bowling lot vs having a specific bowling lot where sims are ONLY drawn to bowling. I really feel Sims 4 needs to go all out and have "multiple lots types" on one lot. I picture in SimCity how you can highlight what you want to be where. It would be awesome if you highlighted a spot and designated it as "cafe" or highlight and designate as "park". That would be an awesome feature!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Okay plum question time: What is the difference between getting a venue and them putting a bowling alley in our library? Does a venue only attract bowlers? Whereas a lot with a bowling alley on it might not? I just have never understood the difference.

Well that depends on how they made the venue or it's attracting content. The programming makes the difference. It is why some of your sims get obsessed with certain things you put in your sims houses - because sometimes they put the attraction programming to an item in other cases it is to a venue. In the case of the bowling the attraction is set to the bowling but only when the bowling is in a venues they listed. Like if you put the venue in a home or other types of venues - like a park or something they may not have the same attraction for sims they do if in the specific venues it is programmed to have that draw factor.

That is the way I understand this particular object. It is all in the programming.

Okay thank you. That is what I thought. I think I prefer to be able to put multiple things on one lot then. But hopefully if you put in bowling lanes they will be attracted to bowl and not just drink if you were to add a pub for example.
    If they programmed them as Graham said - then they should. Guess we won't know for sure until we have them. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I think what people are confusing is the pre-built bowling alley that's going to be in our library and an actual bowling alley venue type. We are not getting a new venue type, just a pre-built alley that we can place, and putting the lanes on a community lot will change the behavior of NPC's so that they come and bowl.

From what I read in the tweets there is no venue for our library, they decided that we are too put the alleys where we want to as there is no room for a new venue. So I am trying to clarify if I am correct in that assumption. As they are claiming there is no room in the game for a separate venue

Okay, here's how I understand it: players are complaining that they have no lots for a new venue type, so by combining the lanes with existing base game venues (bars, lounges, nightclubs), people could replace one of their existing venues with one that includes the bowling. For example, if you've still got the Rattlesnake Bar in Oasis Springs, you could replace that with the Dust Bowl and still have the bar functionality with the additional functionality of bowling. Supposedly you can also put bowling lanes in other venue types as well, but Sims will just use them autonomously and there won't be any special interactions. At least that's how I understand it from comments and Tweets.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Thanks
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I actually prefer what they are doing with the "bowling lots" over having one completely dedicated to JUST bowling. Just think about it. They could expand on this system in the future and have more complex lots. By adding bowling to a pub or bar you get a more interesting bowling lot vs having a specific bowling lot where sims are ONLY drawn to bowling. I really feel Sims 4 needs to go all out and have "multiple lots types" on one lot. I picture in SimCity how you can highlight what you want to be where. It would be awesome if you highlighted a spot and designated it as "cafe" or highlight and designate as "park". That would be an awesome feature!

I like this idea. I also see your point about the lots.
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member

Can you tell me how to get the oasis springs dust bowl lot can't seem to find it?
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Seems there is one -

Graham Nardone‏ @SimGuruGraham

.@Vane_Sims The Oasis Springs Dust Bowl lot that comes with Bowling Night is 30x20 in size (short side facing the street).
    [/qu@SimGuruGraham Can you tell me hot to get the oasis springs dust bowl lot I can find it??
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

Can you tell me how to get the oasis springs dust bowl lot can't seem to find it?

Just click on the circle at the top right to "open gallery". It will bring you to the home page. Tabs there are "Home, Community, My Library"
    Click on "My Library" and the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl Venue will be in there!