Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

14567810...Next

Comments

• DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    @Zach_Bundy This world looks fantastic! I absolutely love Al Medina (I cannot thank you and the others who worked on that world enough) and I will definitely download this world when it is finished (first I need to get the Amore venue and Dragon Valley). I hope that whatever is keeping you away from here is going well and that the completion of this world, when it happens, goes smoothly.

Danke sehr und viel Glück!
    Çok teşekkür ederim ve iyi şanslar!
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Zach_Bundy wrote: »
    Thank you Jodi! I think you might be like, Al Medina's biggest fan! I've really been wanting to have my test sim take a vacation there, but that defeats the purpose of him being a test-sim...

I think I finished my most German house today... or at least the exterior. It only costs like 16k so I'd like for it to be a house that a player can move into at the start.

Pics!

screenshot_original.jpg

The pathway to the front stairs will be placed when I import the lot into the world.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This house reminds me a lot of the interior of a Swiss confiserie I've been to.
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hi all! Long time no see...

I haven't logged into the forums or even played the sims in over a year now.

Here's the frustrating story:

Some context: I remember that when this all happened I was finishing up my first semester in Architecture school, and so finals and final projects were due, and I wasn't able to play on the computer much at all.

When I came home one day, I tried to turn on my computer and whad'ya know, a circuit inside of it had burnt out (during a blackout, it seems).

That's basically how the story of this world kinda came to an end! Very anti-climactic. I remember that I was close to finishing the world, and that I had done a lot of work since the last backup that I had made on Google Drive.

I have my laptop, which I could hypothetically use in order to finish Tanzenberg, however there are a few things in my way:

1) Time; Architecture school has me up at all hours of the night, and on top of that, I participate in competitions which, while being very educational, are extremely time consuming as well.

2) Disc space: Much of my current laptop's capacity is taken up by CAD drawing programs and Adobe software

3) Sims disks: Although I had purchased a few of the Sims 3 games online, I had bought most of them in person (and didn't bother to register them online). That means that I would most likely have to re-purchase a lot of the games.

4) World-building skill: I could simply be out of practice if I returned to Sims worldbuilder. The closest program to Worldbuilder that I've used recently is Photoshop, and even that is quite far off from being similar. (I do wonder about how my house-building would benefit from Architectural education, though. I assume that it would slow down a whole lot.)

5) My education: Right now I'm creatively geared to find my own path in Architecture, and while I definitely think it would be worthwhile to finish this project over a summer, I'm not entirely interested in trying to copy the architecture of places that already exist. I love the presence of historic buildings, but I don't believe in forcing anachronistic caricatures of places anymore.

If I was to return to this as a creative endeavor, then I would most likely work on a place that was entirely new, and had a theme developed from my own brain.

Anyways, I was just reminiscing today, and I wanted to get in touch with you all. Please message me back okay!
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    I still use the Beta as a vacation world and love it! It's just fine as is. Thank you, Zach!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Zach_Bundy
    3) Sims disks: Although I had purchased a few of the Sims 3 games online, I had bought most of them in person (and didn't bother to register them online). That means that I would most likely have to re-purchase a lot of the games.

If you still have your codes I think you can still register your games at your Origin account. I know I just registered my TSM base and Pirates and Nobles a few weeks ago.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @Zach_Bundy .... Hey good to see you! how are you? believe me I understand about school as I have gone back to finish my degree in Comm studies (after uhh3humm0 years) and I know what the demands of school are like. Hope all is well and have a happy holiday season!

My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

@Zach_Bundy

If you still have your codes I think you can still register your games at your Origin account. I know I just registered my TSM base and Pirates and Nobles a few weeks ago.

I don't still have the packages that the game came in though! That's the main problem I think.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hey Zach - just hoping life is being good to you - that's all that really matters. LOL. So nice to see you again and even though life has gotten very busy for you from the sounds of it - it is great you dropped by your thread anyway. Hugs Reggie.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I am so glad there is still the Beta version and I am playing in it now. It is beautiful. I downloaded your family too. Couldn't find their house though. I will have to look for it again and move them in once they have enough money. Meanwhile they are crammed into a 2 bedroom. Lot's of fighting. Those older boys are a little temperamental!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2015
    Zach_Bundy wrote: »
    Hi all! Long time no see...

I haven't logged into the forums or even played the sims in over a year now.

Here's the frustrating story:

Some context: I remember that when this all happened I was finishing up my first semester in Architecture school, and so finals and final projects were due, and I wasn't able to play on the computer much at all.

When I came home one day, I tried to turn on my computer and whad'ya know, a circuit inside of it had burnt out (during a blackout, it seems).

That's basically how the story of this world kinda came to an end! Very anti-climactic. I remember that I was close to finishing the world, and that I had done a lot of work since the last backup that I had made on Google Drive.

I have my laptop, which I could hypothetically use in order to finish Tanzenberg, however there are a few things in my way:

1) Time; Architecture school has me up at all hours of the night, and on top of that, I participate in competitions which, while being very educational, are extremely time consuming as well.

2) Disc space: Much of my current laptop's capacity is taken up by CAD drawing programs and Adobe software

4) World-building skill: I could simply be out of practice if I returned to Sims worldbuilder. The closest program to Worldbuilder that I've used recently is Photoshop, and even that is quite far off from being similar. (I do wonder about how my house-building would benefit from Architectural education, though. I assume that it would slow down a whole lot.)

5) My education: Right now I'm creatively geared to find my own path in Architecture, and while I definitely think it would be worthwhile to finish this project over a summer, I'm not entirely interested in trying to copy the architecture of places that already exist. I love the presence of historic buildings, but I don't believe in forcing anachronistic caricatures of places anymore.

If I was to return to this as a creative endeavor, then I would most likely work on a place that was entirely new, and had a theme developed from my own brain.

Anyways, I was just reminiscing today, and I wanted to get in touch with you all. Please message me back okay!

ZACH! <tackle hugs>

Great to hear from you! Sorry to hear your PC fried, and (mostly for selfish reasons I think) it's a shame that you lost the work you did on it, but as others have said, just nice hearing from you and that you are busy and fulfilled. And hopefully not too stressed out!

Just so you know, if you did ever try to install from Origin, they came out with a patch last month in an endeavor to tie everyone's game to Origin. And as you probably know, once it's tied to Origin it's tied to the Launcher and EIG no longer works in CAW. And CAW's not even compatible with the new patch, which they said they were going to fix but still no word or action on that so...Just beware if you do ever decide to go that route, although it certainly sounds like you have your hands full so it's not even going to be an issue.

Happy holidays if you celebrate and thanks for dropping by to let us know how you are doing. If you survive your education, you're going to have an awesome career in architecture! :)<3

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Thank you Tangie! I feel more and more like I want to play the Sims 3 but things just seem to keep getting in the way.

Btw, I read your legacy story and seeing the characters in Nilxis' world made me squeal with a little bit of enjoyment and nostalgia.

I'll try and keep you all updated on my current projects, even though it's kindof a shame that you all can't play in them.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I love Nilxis' worlds, too. Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

I'd love to hear about what you're up to, sim-related or not, so I'll look forward to the updates. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    Drats. I just learned about this world as I'm getting back into Sims 3 right now because I finally have a computer I can play on again. I downloaded Al Medina yesterday because I loooove worlds like that with specific cultures and feels, so I was really hoping you maybe got a chance to finish this one. I lived in Germany as a kid (and the Netherlands) and we took a lot of trips down to Bavaria (Garmisch), so this town looked very appealing. Maybe I'll try to find the Beta.
  • Renamed190318Renamed190318 Posts: 11 New Member
    Some more ideas to throw at ya, lederhosen and beer hall dresses, decorative accordian, beer steins, cuckoo clock, campgrounds, scout troops. I am working on something simular, but will never be completely done. I have been trying to copy photos of buildings into the game, its too fun. Love your work.
    Hai people, I am planning to return to Create-a-World! I am about to finish my master's degree in architecture, so I have about 7 years of experience in that realm that I can bring into worldmaking. I realize that this forum isn't as active as it once was, but seeing people playing Al Medina and Tanzenberg so many years later has inspired me to come back!
    At long last! Here is the link to Tanzenberg on the Exchange. While I won't continue any more development on it, at least people will be able to access a 95 percent finished world.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9456822#

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Welcome Back!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited April 2021

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top