Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invisible Road

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I've been working on modifying another existing world, and I'm pretty much finished except for one thing. Under the performance park, there seems to be an invisible road intersection. I placed the lot for the park in a location where there was no lot previously, and placed the EA performance park directly from the library. When a sim leaves the lot, the vehicle will appear on the lot itself, and I can see a sliver of road underneath it at that time, but the rest of the time it's totally invisible.

In CAW, I clicked on the spot where the taxi had been parked the first time I saw it, and a square indicating a road intersection appeared. I tried to delete it, since it was selected, but got the message that I couldn't delete a lot object. I deleted the entire lot and placed a new one, then placed the performance park from the library again. But back in CAW, when I clicked the spot where the invisible intersection had been, the square appeared again. I moved the lot, to see if I could see the intersection on the terrain, but there was nothing. I moved the lot back in place and tried clicking all around where the intersection had been, but got nothing. So I thought somehow it must have disappeared.

But in my subsequent test game, after exporting the world again, a taxi appeared on the lot again, only in a different location. Once again, I could see the sliver of road underneath it.

Here's a picture:

Screenshot-47_1.jpg

How can I find this road section so I can remove it?

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I went back into CAW, and I think I may have found it this time. When I started clicking on the lot in that area, this time a line for editing a road section appeared, with the little diamond shapes at the ends. Both ends were off the lot, so I pressed delete, and the line disappeared. Clicking on the lot again after that didn't show anything. Hopefully, that means the problem is solved this time.