Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the ethnic hairs?

IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
I have an honest question, which I would love an answer to....where are the ethnic hairstyles? I've been playing Sims since Sims 1 released and I have bought every pack up until ts4 where I've become selective. But I honestly noticed that while each pack adds on new clothing or hairstyles, they RARELY add on an ethnic hairstyle. I could count with my fingers the number of hairstyles they have given us compared to the other hairstyles.

It would be great that with every pack released we could get an ethnic hairstyle for both men and woman same as we get straight hair. We don't walk around with an afro or have dreads or one type of braid style all day long and that shouldn't be the only type of hairstyles that we get.. we should have some braid updos, some puffs. There are different ethnic hair textures, loosed curled, tighter curled. I think it's starting to be ridiculous that even this game doesn't give ethnics a fair chance.

I'm not trying to start a race war or whatever, but in all seriousness, there are a diverse culture of players who play and when creating Sims I feel limited by the hairstyles. I'm so grateful for CC, but I don't think that I should have to depend on CC for things that this game should at least have. If they would at least add 1 ethnic hairstyle for packs, I would be satisfied.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    "Where are the ethnic hairstyles?" "they RARELY add on an ethnic hairstyle"

You answered your own question. They are there. Yes we could always use more, but there is clearly no gaping lack of textured hair. In fact textured hair has its own sub-category.

And, before people go mad, I'm African, I have textured hair.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    There are ethnic hair styles on the sims 4. I just wish they'd do more different hairstyles and accessories.
    Also some clothes where the colours match would be nice..
    There's some nice tops and bottoms but two you can't match them as the colours don't match.

• IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    "Where are the ethnic hairstyles?" "they RARELY add on an ethnic hairstyle"

You answered your own question. They are there. Yes we could always use more, but there is clearly no gaping lack of textured hair. In fact textured hair has its own sub-category.

And, before people go mad, I'm African, I have textured hair.

Ok, but why the limited amount, why is it rare. Where is the effort to offer more diversity for ethnic hairstyles? I congratulated them for adding a braid out hairstyle for a toddlers, but if it wasn't for CC, then I wouldn't have had the same for adults. I remember ts2 having a bantu knots hairstyle, where is that for ts4? We just simply need more.
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    There are ethnic hair styles on the sims 4. I just wish they'd do more different hairstyles and accessories.
    Also some clothes where the colours match would be nice..
    There's some nice tops and bottoms but two you can't match them as the colours don't match.

I'm not saying that we don't have any, I'm saying that we don't have enough. There should more of an effort to produce some. I know creating textures are difficult, but at least use the ones that they have and create some more hairstyles. They could use the braids from GT and create a Bob hairstyle, since we already have the bun from CL. I'm not asking for 20 more hairstyles, but at least a few more.

There was a post some time ago with pics for the gurus to use as an example. I haven't even seen a follow-up on that.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I would like some more ethnic hair as well, especially for the child sims. Thank goodness for CC but sometimes I'll download a bunch and then delete them because they don't look good.
    Like in the picture they were great but when I rotated the sim, it was literally a sheet, like someone put a sign on they head :/
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    I completely agree. They provide very generic ethnic hairstyles (box braids, dreadlocks, fade for men) but where are the beautiful twist out-style hair or shorter dreads for guys, or fros other than that 70s style one we have? Not everybody has, or wants, straight styles for every single sim. It gets repetitive.

I'm multi racial and I can say that not one style of hair accurately reflects my actual hair type. Even loose natural-like curls (NOT curling iron curls) would be a good addition.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top