Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    Thank you guys! i am still a little confused, it is my active house but i am wanting to move out 3 into a new lot. I had the full house mod and loved it but when i found out i could up my household in mcc i deleted my full house mod. I love having large houses but find that i can't get to my ui buttons. ugh! Thanks for the suggestions. Just had a brain fart too, lol i can move a random sim into the lot and then move the 3 i want and kick the one out. I think lol.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hello all, I'm new to MCCC and it's working great, I love it. My question is, I set the townie pregnancy percentage a wee bit too high and there is a bit of a baby boom in my game at the moment, and now I can't find where I need to go to adjust it down a smidge. Thanks in advance. :)
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Hello all, I'm new to MCCC and it's working great, I love it. My question is, I set the townie pregnancy percentage a wee bit too high and there is a bit of a baby boom in my game at the moment, and now I can't find where I need to go to adjust it down a smidge. Thanks in advance. :)

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percent Adjustment

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpregnancy

For more ^^ (I <3 being able to do that! :) )
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    @egwarhammer These are exactly the type of tips I'm looking for in a guide. Deaderpool tells you what the mod does, but not how to set it. I need to understand how to set it. :) Consider it copied and pasted. (I'm making myself a little guide book, for easy reference.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Aaaaaah! Derp! Lol, thanks. I appreciate the help. Just out of curiosity, am I crazy? But my game seems less laggy since I put this in.
  • MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    Hello! Does anyone know if there is a way to disable vampires with this mod?
    edited March 2017
    MooseGoose wrote: »
    Hello! Does anyone know if there is a way to disable vampires with this mod?

You can't disable them completely unless you uninstall the pack. MC's Occult module has settings to stop BIRTHS of new vampires/aliens, but that's all it offers.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcoccult

Try deleting or humanizing Vlad. He's the reason they spawn (one of his 2 vampire traits does it), more or less. You'll still get some, but probably not as many.

Aaaaaah! Derp! Lol, thanks. I appreciate the help. Just out of curiosity, am I crazy? But my game seems less laggy since I put this in.

I don't think you're crazy. I think Deaderpool is a wizard at coding. Entirely possible he's smoothed out some "behind the scenes" bumps. :)

I don't think you're crazy. I think Deaderpool is a wizard at coding. Entirely possible he's smoothed out some "behind the scenes" bumps. :)

Well I'm a fan and when I can I'll give him an appropriate thanks on his Patreon. I can't imagine how much work goes into something like this, and it's improved my game enormously.

Well I'm a fan and when I can I'll give him an appropriate thanks on his Patreon. I can't imagine how much work goes into something like this, and it's improved my game enormously.

Meanwhile (because it really isn't about the money...), Personal Thanks > Discord/Tumblr (PMs are a thing at both for the shy...) are also Very Appreciated. :)

Meanwhile (because it really isn't about the money...), Personal Thanks > Discord/Tumblr (PMs are a thing at both for the shy...) are also Very Appreciated. :)

You bet!
    By the way, I won't be getting the Bowling Pack right way (card was hacked last week, waiting for replacement still). If you see any errors from MCCC, please either post them here or to discord. Thanks!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    @egwarhammer These are exactly the type of tips I'm looking for in a guide. Deaderpool tells you what the mod does, but not how to set it. I need to understand how to set it. :) Consider it copied and pasted. (I'm making myself a little guide book, for easy reference.)

@GalacticGal If you don't mind sharing, I would love a copy.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    You got the info from EG but I thought it worth some personal experience because I've been there and done that. I went the other way and set my random pregnancy % really low for a wide range of ages from VYA through Adults. Nothing happened. Never a pregnancy in sight. So I upped it a lot and just went with YA. Bam! It seemed they were all pregnant. Its worth understanding the way the Mod handles this random pregnancy lark.

MC creates a single span from the ages you select. At the beginning of the total span of ages it gives a low chance of getting pregnant and towards the end of the total span the chance is quite high. The % adjustment figure you enter changes the overall effect either up or down. So, if you have YA and Adult enabled then YAs recently aged from teen have quite a small chance of pregnancy. Sims nearly aging to Elder have a much higher chance of pregnancy.

If you suddenly enable the MC Pregnancy on Adults and you have a bunch of Adults all close to aging up then you will get a sudden splurge of pregnancies. MC has loads of candidates and needs to get to them before they age to Elder. I found that once my game settled down MC would give me pregnancies across the full age span I had selected and I could tweak my % figure up a bit to suit my needs.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    You got the info from EG but I thought it worth some personal experience because I've been there and done that. I went the other way and set my random pregnancy % really low for a wide range of ages from VYA through Adults. Nothing happened. Never a pregnancy in sight. So I upped it a lot and just went with YA. Bam! It seemed they were all pregnant. Its worth understanding the way the Mod handles this random pregnancy lark.

MC creates a single span from the ages you select. At the beginning of the total span of ages it gives a low chance of getting pregnant and towards the end of the total span the chance is quite high. The % adjustment figure you enter changes the overall effect either up or down. So, if you have YA and Adult enabled then YAs recently aged from teen have quite a small chance of pregnancy. Sims nearly aging to Elder have a much higher chance of pregnancy.

If you suddenly enable the MC Pregnancy on Adults and you have a bunch of Adults all close to aging up then you will get a sudden splurge of pregnancies. MC has loads of candidates and needs to get to them before they age to Elder. I found that once my game settled down MC would give me pregnancies across the full age span I had selected and I could tweak my % figure up a bit to suit my needs.

I'd also like to add that you can set your townie pregnancies to just married only. This also drastically reduces the amount of townie pregnancies. I was tweaking with the settings a lot to find that sweet spot so I didn't have that baby boom that you mentioned and I really like how my game operates now.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member

I'd also like to add that you can set your townie pregnancies to just married only. This also drastically reduces the amount of townie pregnancies. I was tweaking with the settings a lot to find that sweet spot so I didn't have that baby boom that you mentioned and I really like how my game operates now.

In addition to this, setting it to prefer houses can help a lot, too, so homeless sims aren't adding to the baby boom.
    moxiegraphix on Origin

Thank you for this. I had it at 20% and yes, it seems like every one in town is "knocked up" right now, lol! So I moved it down to 5% today, and I'll what happens. But, I have staved off the thing I run into on occasion where the entire town is elders except my sim and a handful of others. Thank you for the tip. I really like this mod a lot.
    EIisabetta wrote: »

In addition to this, setting it to prefer houses can help a lot, too, so homeless sims aren't adding to the baby boom.

I did disable homeless sim pregnancies. Ha ha mostly because the thought of homeless infants is too sad. But all the premades except Cassandra Goth have now had at least one baby, and I was shocked to learn that Eric Lewis is the father to at least 4 of them, and none of the mothers are Alice. :o
  • StardustShowerStardustShower Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello egwarhammer,

I got the good advice from rosemow to post my issue here. So I will try it. :) And beforehand: To tell the truth, I didn't read every post in this thread because it is so much and I'm not a english speaking person. Therefore I apologize if this issue is already disscused.

So, I love the MCCC, it's so great and easy to handle because everything is so clearly explained, buuut ... the townies! They still drive me crazy even though I got the Population Modul. I know that the game needs some NPCs to work correctly and that's okay, but it still generates too many townies every few sim hours.

My MCCC settings are:
    Population_UseCustom: True
    Population_MaximumHomeless: 0

However I'm constantly busy with deleting the tray because the townie spawning is still just exorbitant.
    Is there any possibility to change it/fix the problem?

Best wishes and thanks in advance :)
    Hello egwarhammer,

I got the good advice from rosemow to post my issue here. So I will try it. :) And beforehand: To tell the truth, I didn't read every post in this thread because it is so much and I'm not a english speaking person. Therefore I apologize if this issue is already disscused.

So, I love the MCCC, it's so great and easy to handle because everything is so clearly explained, buuut ... the townies! They still drive me crazy even though I got the Population Modul. I know that the game needs some NPCs to work correctly and that's okay, but it still generates too many townies every few sim hours.

My MCCC settings are:
    Population_UseCustom: True
    Population_MaximumHomeless: 0

However I'm constantly busy with deleting the tray because the townie spawning is still just exorbitant.
    Is there any possibility to change it/fix the problem?

Best wishes and thanks in advance :)

Hi, @StardustShower and welcome to forums! :)

What is your first language? Just curious.

There's really no need to try to read all of this thread. Once MC updates, most of the "before" posts are outdated anyway. (Since you mentioned it, I just added a note about it to the first post. Thanks!)

If you stop deleting the townies you have, the game will slow down making more. It won't ever STOP, but eventually it does "plateau" and settles down to a more manageable trickle.

How many sims do you have right now? Do you have culling enabled or disabled?

(I rolled a new game and started with Just 4 sims. Deleted everybody but my girl and the 3 vampires. 5 hours later I had 30 new sims... but that's to be expected, I started visiting lots. ;) )

What's in your active household matters. Playing a YA F, I get more single-sim households. If I play a family with kids/teens, I get more families generated. If you go to the park, you'll get more families.

San Myshuno is a mess, it pops out some of the weirdest sims I've ever seen. I tend not to hang out there too much, honestly.

Maximum Homeless keeps sims in the bin during the weekly move-in alarm, if you put a positive number there. I have mine set on 10, but in this game I'm still on the first Sunday. Haven't seen any alarms lately, here. LOL! But it isn't about keeping them from spawning, so much as it is about keeping whatever number you put in there from moving onto your map.

You might try changing some of your Population Percent settings, to see if, at least, the bin will give you sims more to your liking. I do NOT (ever) recommend putting 0 in any of those fields. You CAN, but I prefer to leave some wiggle room. Some closed doors, this game just Does Not Like. I don't usually go any lower than 5 on any of those.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpopulation

A little history... Deaderpool did try to stop townie generation when MCCC first came out, right when GTW was released. It broke the active careers (back to the drawing board!). He's just as interested in strangling the bin as the rest of us are, there just isn't any good way to do it, that doesn't interfere with gameplay. (It is what it is.)

I hope this is what you're looking for. :)

Just a quick fly-by, expect more, I've got a couple of things in mind to write up this evening. Hubby=chatty. Writing=later. ;)

(Random comment so the silly at-link will post right.) >.<

@itsug turned me on to this today. It is seriously cool:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mc+command+center
  • StardustShowerStardustShower Posts: 16 New Member
    Hi, @StardustShower and welcome to forums! :)
    Hi @egwarhammer,

thank you for the welcome! :)
    What is your first language? Just curious.
    Umm, I'm sorry, but I never tell that because I'm pretty paranoid and also always anxious about prejudices. *blush*
    But why are you asking? I'm curious too. ; )
    If you stop deleting the townies you have, the game will slow down making more. It won't ever STOP, but eventually it does "plateau" and settles down to a more manageable trickle.
    I already tried that out before I posted here for the first time. But unfortunately my game acts different from that. It seems that the less I delete the more are getting generate. *laughs*
    How many sims do you have right now? Do you have culling enabled or disabled?
    Do you mean my "own" Sims? The ones I play with? Well, I have 14 Sims in total that I play with by turns. And culling is only disabled for those 14 Sims.
    What's in your active household matters. Playing a YA F, I get more single-sim households. If I play a family with kids/teens, I get more families generated. If you go to the park, you'll get more families.
    I have a family with grandparents, parents and one kid. A family with parents, one toddler and one kid. Three single households. And one with a sibpair. But the way the game generates townies is quite freakish aka without any clear line.
    San Myshuno is a mess, it pops out some of the weirdest sims I've ever seen. I tend not to hang out there too much, honestly.
    Oh dear. Good thing that I don't own City Life. I just have the Base Game worlds Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest.
    Maximum Homeless keeps sims in the bin during the weekly move-in alarm, if you put a positive number there. I have mine set on 10, but in this game I'm still on the first Sunday. Haven't seen any alarms lately, here. LOL!
    I honestly don't get this alarm thing. I've seen it in the options, but I don't understand it. :/
    You might try changing some of your Population Percent settings, to see if, at least, the bin will give you sims more to your liking. I do NOT (ever) recommend putting 0 in any of those fields. You CAN, but I prefer to leave some wiggle room. Some closed doors, this game just Does Not Like. I don't usually go any lower than 5 on any of those.
    I switched the 0 to 3. But I don't see any change. So I guess I will try 5 then. ; )

Ok, that's it for now. So, @egwarhammer, thanks a lot for your detailed response!!! :)

@StardustShower I only asked about your language (other than because I love knowing bilingual people!) to see if I might know someone else who speaks/reads it, in case we may need some "translation" or "interpretation" help sometime. Nothing bad. ;)

I'm curious about everything. If you hang out around me, you'll see me ask a LOT of questions.

But you certainly don't ever have to share anything you aren't comfortable with. That's a perfectly fine answer.

I'll be back with more after while. The posts I planned to write last night didn't happen (duh). Interesting night at home, but it led to me not getting things done online I'd planned to. Such is life, sometimes. More incoming.

Morning, gang! <3
    edited March 2017
    Something else random I wanted to post...

TRANSLATIONS AVAILABLE FOR 3.3.1 INCLUDE:
    Dutch - Thanks, Sim Libby!
    Russian - Thanks, Sh1ny!
    German - Thanks, Snugglypoo!
    French - Thanks, Heidi!
    Portuguese - Thanks, bichon!
    Spanish - Thanks, Gato_24!
    Chinese - Thanks, Egureh!
    Swedish - Thanks, Akvooo!

If you could do a language not listed, let me know. Fair warning, first time will be a big job. Easier after that.

And there's a STBL Editor program Deaderpool wrote (to make it easier for translators) available in Other Downloads at the tumblr page.

Thanks!
    edited March 2017
    That was really strange. Why would the Portuguese translator's name trigger the censor with a capital B but not a small b? (I can hazard a wild guess...) Odd. It's a dog breed, for heaven's sake.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top