Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1.26.96 : TDESCs

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi everyone,

Please find attached the TDESCs for patch 1.26.96.

Thanks,
SGMS
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• HemptreseHemptrese Posts: 2 New Member
    At the risk of sounding like a complete newb, is there a TDESCs download for v1.25.136.1020 that anyone could direct me to? If not is there a proper way to request one that anyone would be kind enough to inform me of? I apologize if I'm going about my request(s) the wrong way but any help would be greatly appreciated on my part. Thanks for any assistance in advance.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi @Hemptrese,

Re the TDESCs for 1.25:

Sometimes I don't post TDESCs for smaller patches unless they are requested since not that much may have changed. There are also releases where TDESCs don't change at all, in which case I will not post anything. However there were changes for 1.25, although I'm curious as to why you are making a mod for an older version of the game?

-SGMS

Note that all the released TDESC are listed in this thread.
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    I know this sounds like a newbie but just curious what is TDESCs?? Does this have something to do with actually creating a MOD?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @JayGsmith08 The TDESCs are more or less extensive notes on the XML code for the game. They contain information on names of variables used, what the purpose of something is, what kind of syntax exists to use in different file types, that sort of thing. The best way I can think to sum it up is that they're like a dictionary, but for variable names, rather than words.

So if you're looking at a file for the game and trying to understand how something works, the TDESCs can be invaluable at times in explaining that.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    @JayGsmith08 The TDESCs are more or less extensive notes on the XML code for the game. They contain information on names of variables used, what the purpose of something is, what kind of syntax exists to use in different file types, that sort of thing. The best way I can think to sum it up is that they're like a dictionary, but for variable names, rather than words.

So if you're looking at a file for the game and trying to understand how something works, the TDESCs can be invaluable at times in explaining that.

Thank you for replying I think I understand well at least I understand more than I did Lol thank you so much @Triplis
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @JayGsmith08 No problem! :smile:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • jjrmichjjrmich Posts: 33 Member
    Can we anticipate a new batch of TDESCs for patch 1.30.103.1010, or is it too similar to the previous one? I noticed the resources and methods used for generating some career outfits were changed slightly, and that was just looking at new tuning xml at a glance.
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Also: 'sims.aging.aging_tuning' has new syntax for sure :)
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey there, posted!

-SGMS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top