Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

group activities and relationships

how well does group activities impact relationship? I have 4 sim kids that are related but don't live together. I was going to form a group and have them play together on the monkey bars. I'm wondering if that will increase all of their relationships or just their fun bar.

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I don't think it will do a lot, unless they specifically interact.

It is the same with the Club system - it doesn't automatically create gains.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    It does increase their relationships. I have a similar situation with some of the kids living with Mom and some of them living with Dad. They have a homework club and a family fun club where they play together.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    It does increase their relationships. I have a similar situation with some of the kids living with Mom and some of them living with Dad. They have a homework club and a family fun club where they play together.

I haven't done clubs, is that only with get together, I don't have that one? and do you have to form the club every time like with groups?
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Clubs are great - they are like automatic Groups that have a ton of customisation - ie you can set them up whereby the Sims have various activities they will favour - dancing, listening to music, cooking, cleaning, etc, etc, You can have like up to 6 activities that they do and even have activities that they are banned from doing - like being mean to each other; however, you can put in exceptions. Tons and tons of customisations for Clubs.

Get Together is so worth it, just for Clubs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

Yes, @plopppo2, is correct. I automatically thought club when you were asking about groups.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Homework as a group activity is actually pretty good even without a GT club (form a group, then do HW together). Dancing works pretty well too, but you may need GT even if you don't need a club. I've also found Don't Wake the Llama and cards are ok as well. Haven't actually paid much attention to video gaming from CL in this regard, but I'll try to remember to watch next time I game - my current set of Sims mostly aren't gamers. My Sims are rarely into gaming - it's an activity that's fun in RL but hard to watch my Sims do.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    In one save my Sim had a few children with more then one woman. When the kid reached child age I created a club so they could all come over and spend the weekend with their dad. I too wanted to know how well that worked. So I went and checked how well they were in the relationship panel and they all had different levels, but it would increase. I did have the activities set for them to interact with each other and I did also have my sim converse with all of them at the same time.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    wow I always thought that these packs didn't sound interesting, I was talked into getting dine out recently, now I am going to get get together
    celeste821 wrote: »
    wow I always thought that these packs didn't sound interesting, I was talked into getting dine out recently, now I am going to get get together

Yeah if you don't have it, I suggest you get it even if it is just for the club system. Forming a club is far more beneficial your game then forming group. Clubs once you create it and add the members you don't have to keep doing so. Groups you do. Also if you don't have Get to work I would suggest that one as well. Get to Work and dine out would work very well together in your own game.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

Yeah if you don't have it, I suggest you get it even if it is just for the club system. Forming a club is far more beneficial your game then forming group. Clubs once you create it and add the members you don't have to keep doing so. Groups you do. Also if you don't have Get to work I would suggest that one as well. Get to Work and dine out would work very well together in your own game.

I do have get to work, why do you say it works well with dine out?
    You can one spouse run a restaurant and the other run a store.
    Have rival families competing to overpower one another. One is restaurants and the other in retail.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2017
    I somewhat recently discovered that if you group child sims together (in my case, my played sim was a member of the League of Adventurers club) and have one sim play with a toy from their inventory, it raises their relationships with the other kids super fast. My sim had maxed out friendship bars with all three other children in no time. Playing on the monkey bars and playground equipment has always added small relationship boosts for my sims, but not as much as playing with a toy while in a group and/or club gathering. :smile:

If you're on the fence about GT, I highly recommend it primarily for the club features, with the townies, town, and build/CAS objects being an added bonus. Clubs add a ton of dimension to the game.
    klestrella wrote: »
    I somewhat recently discovered that if you group child sims together (in my case, my played sim was a member of the League of Adventurers club)

just to make sure I understand. the league of adventurers is a club that you invented?

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    I somewhat recently discovered that if you group child sims together (in my case, my played sim was a member of the League of Adventurers club)

just to make sure I understand. the league of adventurers is a club that you invented?

It's one of the clubs that comes premade in the EP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

It doesn't do anything for a book club. Unless you purposely interact which is sort of hard to do in such a club as they are too busy getting books and putting down books. I don't recommend that one for any Sim you would like to have some friends in their clubs. Actually, considering that club type activity it's better to just go out as a group instead of putting Sims in a book club.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StephjalldayStephjallday Posts: 4 New Member
    So, after some hours sunk into the assumption that groups are an environment to increase relationships b/w like-minded sims, and upon further experimentation, I can 99% say that clubs do NOT create friendships. They merely function as a means for doing some sort of action. Ex: I made a club, introduced sims who oddly didn’t already know each other, learned their careers and interests (get to know), but then when they met again, they didn’t know each other at all! It seems like if you want to make friends with group members you have to do it individually outside of the group!? Crazy silly. Makes no sense. Let me know if you’ve experienced otherwise and/or better ways to group friendships within a set of sims.
    In other words, your sims can be in the same group their whole lives, dancing and chatting away, and still not “know” each other :(
    Sorry I mean clubs not groups. What’s the difference between then and how to groups (rather than clubs) meet?