Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome Wagon is kinda bothersome.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Welcome Wagon coming over after you move your Sims in? Honestly, I don't want to feel obligated to talk to the neighbors. And also, making friends in the game spawns excessive texts. Tips on how to prevent this?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    you can just end it as soon as it pops up
    you'll get a slight negative relationship with the people who came, though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

I'd rather not make any enemies thanks. Wait, do enemy relationships decay as well?
  • ShanEnriShanEnri Posts: 61 Member
    My sim locks the door and ignores them or gets on the phone and travels. If they show up later my sim goes to bed or takes a bath.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2017

I'd rather not make any enemies thanks. Wait, do enemy relationships decay as well?

They do. And it hardly adds to the bar. It's as if you started with a blank bar and did 1 bad interaction with them. It's not even nearly enough to be disliked by them; you'll still be acquaintances.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    This mod here by TheFandomGirl on MTS might help you with the "welcome wagon" issue...

I don't think there's a mod for stopping text messages though... :sweat:
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I just moved all the neighbors to Oasis Springs.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I sometimes put in the Private Dwelling trait after I move in.. seems to work for that then I change lot traits after a few days.
    I usually just grin and bear it sometimes just engaging with one sim in the crowd.. even grouping with just that one and taking them to a different section of the house so I can avoid meeting them all. If you get friendly enough with one you'll get the glad we have such good neighbors drop down if you've invited them in.
    I'd say murder them but their ghost stays on and texts you later if you release the spirit.. lol. It can be fun to do either way though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't much like the Welcome Wagon either. One time I created a couple who in my mind were very close and I spent some time making them before adding them to my game. The Welcome Wagon showed up and one of the visiting sims started flirting with one of my couple and the other one spent the first twenty four hours of my new game in an angry mood, storming around everywhere. It completely changed the story I had in mind for them and wrecked my game so that I no longer enjoyed it. What a let down! In my view, that's not 'ruling your own game'.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2017
    I find them annoying, and I always throw away their fruitcake. In most neighborhoods I ignore them, but I hate how in San Myshuno it's mandatory to have to interact with them to not have them being noisy every night after as some kund of revenge. It's really not realistic. Maybe "welcome wagons" do exist in some countries, but where I live you just meet your neighbors when you want to.
    I also had an angry neighbor who insulted my sims, and there was no way they could ask her to leave. At least, if one of the neighbors is rude, there should be the option to demand that they leave immediately, "social event" or not.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I don't know what I did to avoid it, but they never came for my first Sim. Kinda bummed me out. I love how almost no Sim enjoys the fruitcake. It amuses me greatly, especially when the one bringing it can't even stand it. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    They kinda crack me up. If I don't want to deal with them for whatever reason, I just X out of the event and it amuses me that they're all like, "I guess we're not welcome here."

It's like... yeah, you're not welcome here. What did you think was gonna happen when you magically appeared in my yard and came striding down the lawn wielding a fruitcake?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    If my Sim is on the Lot when the Welcome Wagon turns up I can put up with it.

But recently my Sim was off the Lot mooching around looking for plants and collectibles. Obviously, Not At Home. The Welcome Wagon seemed reluctant to accept that she wasn't there and eventually I got the sulky little reaction that they felt unwelcome.

When I was really new to the game I didn't see the 'invite the neighbours in' option and my Sim was happily talking to everyone out on the porch. Apparently that lot didn't feel welcome either.

As for the wretched fruit cake - sometimes I feel as if I'll have to pry it from their cold, dead hands. The bearer will carry it around then just take it when they leave.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I do not like it either. I either go in a neighbourhood with no neighbours or I put the lot trait private dwelling in there. The chit-chat I don't mind, but I hate it when they use my computer, eat my food, and use my bathtubs without asking. In real life that would be very rude.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I hate the welcome wagon. I usually invite them in then ignore them and go about what I'd have done without them...Or I cancel the event and take the small negative relationship. It takes all of 2-3 social interactions to reverse so I don't worry too much about it.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    "If you didn't want me living in the neighborhood, you could've just TOLD me and save the trouble of making that Fruitcake!" :tongue:

On a serious note - Who actually EATS that stuff? Trust me - it's gonna take more than a little red ribbon to even make it look good!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I quite like the Welcome Wagon thing - I don't like all of the Sims that turn up (some are pretty ugly - depending on where you live). Plus, I never get any of the fruitcake - the Sim carrying the fruitcake never hands it over, they stash it in their pockets and make off with it.

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My favourite welcome wagon was when I moved in a family into the garlic-covered house in FH. Caleb appeared but he just stood there, completely immobillised by the garlic!
  • egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    I can't stand it either! Plus if you ignore them they call your sims out on being rude.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2017
    I started a new save in the City, and they came over, waited - I ignored & they went away. Though one of them left a fruitcake on the ground near my apt door, lol. To me, it seems whether I ignored them or talked, the rest of the time goes very similar with interactions. I haven't really noticed them bothering me more or less, yet. (I usually prefer to ignore them, and just do my own thing... :*o:) )

BTW, as far as fruitcake, my Sim actually ate it and got more later, OMG, lol!...
    (For me, irl, I only had one I liked, once.)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't like them but if you click them off they all get negative moodlets because it looks like your sim was rude and wanted to be anti social LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • tikithedragontikithedragon Posts: 20 New Member
    I always just end the event early. I really don't care if I have a slight bad interaction with any of them because I can just do nice interactions later on.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I have the mod to turn off the welcome wagon. I'm antisocial in real life and so are my sims. Good fences make good neighbors.

But I do miss the fruitcake. IF your sim likes it (and do, some don't) they get some pretty nice moodlets... and get terribly fat after a few days of eating it lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    The fruitcake is highly beneficial though. It is ideal for multiple toddlers (because it never goes off) - you can leave tons of it all over your Sim's house and the toddlers will sniff it out when they are hungry - if it is there, they will find it.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I hate it, it's soooo annoying and it can be quite unrealistic having your neighbours coming round it 3am with cake standing outside your house waiting for another 2 hours lol
    giphy_1.gif