Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've taken a week off work

NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
I've taken a week off work to play ts3
...i'm starting to think maybe i should go outside or something...i haven't driven my car since friday (coming home from work!) :shock:

has anyone else taken a considerable amount of time off to play?

Comments

• GIzfireGIzfire Posts: 161 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nats wrote:
    ...i'm starting to think maybe i should go outside or something...i haven't driven my car since friday (coming home from work!) :shock:

I had a week holiday anyway and I think I'm turing into a sim lol
  • RandomPirateRandomPirate Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thankfully I've been getting a couple days off from work since there's not a lot for me to do and orders haven't been flying in like usual. So instead I've been playing the sims 3 for hours.

For the first couple of days I was totally addicted, only left my room for the bathroom and the kitchen. And then I finally got out and realized how much of the actual world I missed so ... it's hard trying to balance real life with fantasy life.

All in all I spent a good 20-30 hours playing the sims since last Friday to Tuesday.
  • NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    it's been raining a lot where i live at the moment, so not really a encouragement to go out.
  • ZeromusZeromus Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm unemployed at the min, so i've wasted all my days since last Sat (when i bought the game, UK release was Fri) playing it. All day and everyday... And with many more days to come lol

I really should go get a job :shock:
  • NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Zeromus wrote:
    I'm unemployed at the min, so i've wasted all my days since last Sat (when i bought the game, UK release was Fri) playing it. All day and everyday... And with many more days to come lol

I really should go get a job :shock:

i'm going to be really sad when i go back into work on monday :(

go work as a bookstore clerk for $30 a hour :P
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    Just enjoy your week of simming, don't feel bad or quilty :)
    What's a week on a lifetime really.
    Lots off rain here too, perfect weather for some simtime :wink:
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • TomkatTomkat Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope... I dont feel the need to take time off for gaming, but I have been playing it daily after work and after all my real life commitments.
  • SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Tomkat wrote:
    Nope... I dont feel the need to take time off for gaming, but I have been playing it daily after work and after all my real life commitments.

Same there, try not to get too addicted or i'll be on it forever!
  • PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2009
    I booked a week off to play it.... back when there was the February release date! now I can't get 2 minutes off let alone a week! I'm so jealous :evil:
  • RowenaaRowenaa Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It just gets scary when you realise your sims have more of a real life than you do haha
  • dodow1234dodow1234 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Rowenaa wrote:
    It just gets scary when you realise your sims have more of a real life than you do haha

dude, you should really at least warm up your car, at least for a couple minutes a day
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    I took some of my vacation days beginning the day the game was released. It was wonderful. I went back to work this past Monday.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited June 2009
    Nats wrote:

I took three days off from work to play the game.. But I also went out for some air from time to time.. Got some food, and back in I went. Haaaaaa :lol::D
  • jaffacakejaffacake Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :Di took the monday off and made a long weekend of it. my partner didnt complain too much as the motor racing was on telly.
  • GodSimGodSim Posts: 270 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm off due to study leave. 8) Sim's everyday for me. :mrgreen:
  • SolathalionSolathalion Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No time off from work, but did take a week off from my other love, Lord of the Rings Online.
  • ToffeeandApplesToffeeandApples Posts: 241 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I broke up for college the day it was released, so I've got many months of play time :D
  • rafrafrafraf Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't taken any days off intentionally because I have no vacation time to spare. I was home sick the other day and I played TS3 most of the time then. There's a rumor at work that they might make us take a week unpaid vacation due to budget problems, so if that happens I'll use those days to play TS3 (as I can't afford to go out at all).
  • toomuch4youtoomuch4you Posts: 292 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I work in Education, whole summer off for me!
  • JubileeJubilee Posts: 129 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Myself, I can't since I have children, but even I'm dreaming of it and when I'm in the gym I look at people (IRL) and think they all look like Sims. Also I love the workout music on the Sim TV, "Techay techay la la lu worka worka goin baga glu...... touch, touch, touchay workay"
  • TheKingTrollieTheKingTrollie Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I did not have to take off work to play, but I have the advantage of being retired--so my simming hours could increase as needed. And believe me they did. Just looking at the undone chores around my house proves it. My sim has a maid--I don't. At least the long sleeping time for sims does give one a chance to visit the loo, take ashower or make a sandwich--but i am not addicted to playing. I just need a bit of time to learn and enjoy the learning curve of this game. Things will return to normal
  • VicBarrettVicBarrett Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For all u people that took time off, U lucky *******, and for us who has'nt had time off maybe we should go on strike until they make a international holiday (vacation) For Simming Called Sims Week!
  • SpookeSpooke Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've put in about 100 hours since us release date June 2nd
  • Ch3llCh3ll Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    As a stay-at-home mom, there is no time off for me. I get my fix during nap time after the little ones in bed.
  • glitterandglitzglitterandglitz Posts: 561 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm a stay at home mom I have no days off, but I do have a supportive hubby and he watches the kids while I get my sim fix.I'll be gone tomorrow,Saturday and sunday so no sims for awhile.