Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    @nicolethebowl - nice, I like the desert styling!
    :D

I Quite agree! Great job, clearly, you are more advanced than I am.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

@wildling , great house. I am amazed with what you did on such a tight budget! I had to scrap first attempt because I was well over budget. You did a great job!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2017
    @wildling , great house. I am amazed with what you did on such a tight budget! I had to scrap first attempt because I was well over budget. You did a great job!

Thank you! I thought I wouldn't make it, but after lots of cuts it worked out. I have the cheapest appliances, skill equipment, floor and wall tiles, beds... mostly everything.

Your did a great job with your house! I love the basketball court and my favorite detail which I will definitely try next time is the towel hanging on the door. So realistic, I love it!
    Wildling wrote: »

Thank you! I thought I wouldn't make it, but after lots of cuts it worked out. I have the cheapest appliances, skill equipment, floor and wall tiles, beds... mostly everything.

Your did a great job with your house! I love the basketball court and my favorite detail which I will definitely try next time is the towel hanging on the door. So realistic, I love it!

I did find that trading down on goods COST ME! That's why I started over. Often the resale price was as much as the new cheaper item.
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    @FoundMarbles @Ainsleyf @FaithofKaela Thank you guys so much! I had a little trouble with extra space on the inside so some places may seem a bit bare.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 65 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 3
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Solidarity
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 37,497
    TOTAL COST: 39,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/ZWWyM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Solidarity is a new beginning for the former soldier. I chose khaki and brown for the house exteriors, being army colours, with pops of bright yellow to resemble 'sunny days'. There is a rear yard for dining, gardening and art. Open concept interior design to give a spacious feel which includes kitchen (the bookshelf is just off this area), dining (there is a computer nook here), bar, chess and living areas. There is fitness equipment in the master bedroom. The children's rooms are on the first floor, one for the girl and one for the boy. There is also a shower room on this floor.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DqZyApI.png

y1ECBzM.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wow @masajo! That's really gorgeous!
    Thank you so much @Ainsleyf your words are very generous :) It's been wonderful looking through the entries for this challenge, the talent shown on this thread is amazing :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Amazing entry @masajo!!! Such lovely interiors and that driveway <3<3<3
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Many thanks @FaithofKaela very kind of you :) I must say Onyx is a stunning build and very impressive being basegame only :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo - thanks honey, yes, I'm very pleased with how it turned out :kissing_heart:
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT:Wood & Stone
    GALLERY LINK:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B65C342711DC11E78E4117952A7A4D81?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,500
    BUILD COST: 34,952
    TOTAL COST: 38,452
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/yu1zb
    ENTRY DETAILS: Wood & Stone is a house that is hopefully nice enough for a new start, and even though its sparse in decoration and furnishing - the owner can eventually buy more nice things and make it even nicer.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NCXMecO.png
    What a fantastic entry @popettypop2012, are you sure you don't want to change your entry level, I reckon that'd do great in the Expert category ;)
    Thank you so much,@faithofkaela , you are really sweet - but i don't think i should be in the same category as you, @masajo or @stsciurus yet. You guys are really good.
    @popettypop2012 - I really don't think you give yourself enough credit hon ;)
    @popettypop2012 this is quite lovely. I love all the patio spaces.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks for hosting and judging the challenge! I'm still new so I'm hoping I can enter! I've used broken links (by adding extra periods--if I'm allowed and isn't too much trouble to deal with).

FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LEVEL: Established, I think!
    LOT: 3 Bed Craftsman Bungalo h.ttps://www.thesims..com/en_GB/gallery/961BBAB30F4811E78AA01519AC7E9642
    LOT COST: 2K simoleons
    BUILD COST: 37,940 simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 39,940 simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h.ttp://imgur..com/a/w98yr
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided a craftsman style home would suit David. Craftsman homes have strong design elements and are no nonsense--perfect for a strong and sensible man who is ready to take control of his life. The open floor plan makes it easy to keep an eye on the kids. Decorated in calming blue with bright pops of orange--playing on the tone of the natural wood furniture--Dave sees a bit of the uplifting shade in each of the areas of the main living space. The house flows easily from inside to outside with the large French doors and the bigger backyard with shade trees is a great play space. David liked the patio so much he decided to put his easel out back for some en plein air painting. He might even use his garden for painting inspiration when the plants are ready for harvest. David's room is masculine without being dark and he really appreciates there is space for his punching bag--working out helps him with stress--and the private bath with shower. The rooms for his daughter and son really capture their personalities. The daughter, Darla, is very girly and loves animals! Ricky's room is all about the sky--he wants to be an astronaut.

SIM: h.ttps://www.thesims..com/en_GB/gallery/D464D40A13E111E784979D804C84730A SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h.ttp://imgur..com/a/6rT0y

ENTRY DETAILS: Dave's clothes are a little raggedy and he feels he is ready for a haircut--he got used to keeping it short in the military but he hasn't been able to afford one in a while. Even though he's prone to bouts of sadness, Dave is hopeful his children will benefit from his new beginning and be even more successful. And now that he is going to be back on his feet soon, he's optimistic he'll find a new partner who will become good friends with his kids (he's a romantic--it's the trait that won over his ex-wife, Justine, even though she's not naturally one for marriage). Dave and Justine get along well. She's really impressed with his new place and even helps out with the kids sometimes while David gets used to taking care of the family again.

ROOM: Not entered

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

h.ttp://imgur..com/897I5Ck

h.ttp://imgur..com/nxYuUh5
    Lovely home, @withlovejulien! Such a great family home look to the outside, and such nice bright colors in the living area. Dave is looking good too!!
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for hosting and judging the challenge! I'm still new so I'm hoping I can enter! I've used broken links (by adding extra periods--if I'm allowed and isn't too much trouble to deal with).

LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT: 3 Bed Craftsman Bungalo https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/961BBAB30F4811E78AA01519AC7E9642
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/w98yr
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided a craftsman style home would suit David. Craftsman homes have strong design elements and are no nonsense--perfect for a strong and sensible man who is ready to take control of his life. The open floor plan makes it easy to keep an eye on the kids. Decorated in calming blue with bright pops of orange--playing on the tone of the natural wood furniture--Dave sees a bit of the uplifting shade in each of the areas of the main living space. The house flows easily from inside to outside with the large French doors and the bigger backyard with shade trees is a great play space. David liked the patio so much he decided to put his easel out back for some en plein air painting. He might even use his garden for painting inspiration when the plants are ready for harvest. David's room is masculine without being dark and he really appreciates there is space for his punching bag--working out helps him with stress--and the private bath with shower. The rooms for his daughter and son really capture their personalities. The daughter, Darla, is very girly and loves animals! Ricky's room is all about the sky--he wants to be an astronaut.

SIM: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D464D40A13E111E784979D804C84730A SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/6rT0y

ENTRY DETAILS: Dave's clothes are a little raggedy and he feels he is ready for a haircut--he got used to keeping it short in the military but he hasn't been able to afford one in a while. Even though he's prone to bouts of sadness, Dave is hopeful his children will benefit from his new beginning and be even more successful. And now that he is going to be back on his feet soon, he's optimistic he'll find a new partner who will become good friends with his kids (he's a romantic--it's the trait that won over his ex-wife, Justine, even though she's not naturally one for marriage). Dave and Justine get along well. She's really impressed with his new place and even helps out with the kids sometimes while David gets used to taking care of the family again.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://imgur.com/897I5Ck

http://imgur.com/nxYuUh5

Hi, I was happy to make your links live for the entry, good luck. I also took the liberty of saying Level: beginner as this is your first challenge.
    Cheers, @FoundMarbles
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2017

LEVEL: Established, I think!
    LOT: 3 Bed Craftsman Bungalo https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/961BBAB30F4811E78AA01519AC7E9642
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/w98yr

SIM: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D464D40A13E111E784979D804C84730A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/6rT0y

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://imgur.com/897I5Ck

http://imgur.com/nxYuUh5

lovely home @withlovejulien great layout & colour scheme!

edited March 2017
    @withlovejulien : The Potters and the house look great and a very comfortable home, UNDER BUDGET! Good for you.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Welcome @withlovejulien to Build n Share!! Your entry looks fab!! If you ever have any questions, shout!

And thanks @FoundMarbles for editing @withlovejulien's links to make them live, very kind of you :kissing_heart:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Fab entry @withlovejulien!
    Lovely house, @withlovejulien and thank you @Ainsleyf for your kind comment.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Thank you, @FoundMarbles! For editing the post and for the advice! Off to get some more screen shots!

@BuildnShare, I'm glad to have the opportunity! (It's an honor just to be nominated!)

Very kind of you, @FaithofKaela

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top