Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just bought the sims 2 again - with expansions!!

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no, since there's nowhere for me to go and buy them. I'd love to get my hands on the Pets expansion pack, but that's about it.

@SataiDelennn - Just checked on Amazon.com and there is a Like New copy of Pets with a working key/activation code for $7.98 total ($3.99 + shipping). Because it is advertised this way that means you get the Amazon guarantee if the product is not up to standards. The seller is HotCharlie. This is for the PC version. You can get the Mac version for $8.99 through Amazon Prime (with free shipping).

Happy Simming!

Thank you, but I don't shop online. I've mentioned previously that I just don't trust it. It would have to be in a game store or Best Buy or some place like that.

What about my suggestion of buying a Gift Card - either a generic Visa one or a store specific one? You can make that purchase in a physical store and the use the gift card online.

Those Visa cards charge fees. I won't hold a regular card that charges an annual fee, I'm certainly not going to buy a Visa that charges a fee. It's just the principle of the thing. But thank you.

Then get a store specific gift card. Those don't charge any kind of fee typically, though those may not have versions where you can choose how much you put on.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Unfortunately, no, since there's nowhere for me to go and buy them. I'd love to get my hands on the Pets expansion pack, but that's about it.

@SataiDelennn - Just checked on Amazon.com and there is a Like New copy of Pets with a working key/activation code for $7.98 total ($3.99 + shipping). Because it is advertised this way that means you get the Amazon guarantee if the product is not up to standards. The seller is HotCharlie. This is for the PC version. You can get the Mac version for $8.99 through Amazon Prime (with free shipping).

Happy Simming!

Thank you, but I don't shop online. I've mentioned previously that I just don't trust it. It would have to be in a game store or Best Buy or some place like that.

What about my suggestion of buying a Gift Card - either a generic Visa one or a store specific one? You can make that purchase in a physical store and the use the gift card online.

Those Visa cards charge fees. I won't hold a regular card that charges an annual fee, I'm certainly not going to buy a Visa that charges a fee. It's just the principle of the thing. But thank you.

Then get a store specific gift card. Those don't charge any kind of fee typically, though those may not have versions where you can choose how much you put on.

But store specific cards are exactly that. Specific to that store, and if they don't carry the item I am looking for, why would I buy their gift card?

Happy Simming!

But store specific cards are exactly that. Specific to that store, and if they don't carry the item I am looking for, why would I buy their gift card?

You do your shopping before you buy the card.

So you find a store that has copies of the Sims 2 EP's you want. Add them up. Add whatever X% covers your tax. Then buy a gift card that has that amount on it (or more).

If you are wary of purchasing a card from a place you'll never shop at again, pick a store that's got things you may want in the future that's not necessarily Sims related - such as Amazon.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Well, I guess I'll never get Pets then. I don't do online shopping. I just don't trust it. But congrats on getting the packs you wanted.

I've picked up good copies at local thrift stores (especially Goodwill). I see Sims and Sims 2 games all the time.
    My girlfriend gave me her old laptop-so old that it runs Windows XP (yes!). After I clean all the old files off I'm going to install all the Sims 2 packs and see if it can handle the load.
    Then I'm gonna go online and try to get SimsPE to work.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Well, I guess I'll never get Pets then. I don't do online shopping. I just don't trust it. But congrats on getting the packs you wanted.

I've picked up good copies at local thrift stores (especially Goodwill). I see Sims and Sims 2 games all the time.
    My girlfriend gave me her old laptop-so old that it runs Windows XP (yes!). After I clean all the old files off I'm going to install all the Sims 2 packs and see if it can handle the load.

That's awesome! Good luck! I do miss Windows XP. But Windows 7 is good, too.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any thrift stores in my area. Either that, or I just don't know what a thrift store looks like. Do you mean places like Target?

That's awesome! Good luck! I do miss Windows XP. But Windows 7 is good, too.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any thrift stores in my area. Either that, or I just don't know what a thrift store looks like. Do you mean places like Target?

Thrift shops are places where people sell things that they don't want anymore. So not a place like Target. Your best bet is to probably google "thrift shops in [insert nearby city/city you're in]".

They tend to be mom and pop type stores.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2017

Happy Simming!

Yes, you mentioned that, but it sounded like a preference and not the inability to do so. You can use an Amazon gift card that you can buy at a grocery store--there are no fees outside of purchasing the card.

If you don't really want pets, then that's fine. But your post sounded like you wanted it and the best way to purchase it is online--and you can do that without risking your own credit card information or risking anything else outside of having a random delivery guy know your address... nevermind, I forgot with Amazon you can pick up your delivery yourself at 7-11 or another Amazon Locker location! Basically, your privacy is 100% guaranteed.

And for the record, Amazon purchases are encrypted, viz., more secure than any store that still makes you swipe your card and transmits your transaction data plaintext for any sniffer to see. Last time I checked a few years back it was Target (brick and mortar) who had to pay about 10 million to all of their offline customers for getting their credit card data stolen... not Amazon :wink:

But to each his own... you have the ability to make your own informed decisions, and I'm sure you'll do what's best for you! Just hope this information helps :+1:
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member

Do you own the base game on disc? If you contact EA support and give them your code, they'll add the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to your Origin for free.

Do you own the base game on disc? If you contact EA support and give them your code, they'll add the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to your Origin for free.

SataiDelennn wants disc versions of the games and will not get the UC at all. Even in a "just in case, but I won't install from it unless absolutely necessary" case. Which is what I did. I have all of the EP's and SP's on disc, got the UC just in case.
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    Hello simmers! Recently i got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. When i got that, i was over the moon! This is game the most favourite! But i sorry about closed site The Sims 2. Why? The Sims 2 fans more and more! Now 2017 year, but old (old? classic!) game don't forget! I would like EA open the site. Oh...
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2017
    I still have my collection of sims 2... Have never been willing to give it up... I did give the sims 1 collection to a friend years ago... 2 still remains my favorite!!!! I do hope 4 does well so we can get sims 5 that hopefully will be a sequel to 2... Still waiting for the sims to make a come back..... :wink:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    lisamtown wrote: »
    I still have my collection of sims 2... Have never been willing to give it up... I did give the sims 1 collection to a friend years ago... 2 still remains my favorite!!!! I do hope 4 does well so we can get sims 5 that hopefully will be a sequel to 2... Still waiting for the sims to make a come back..... :wink:

Yep both my TS1 and TS2 games are still physically mine. The only time I'm willing to pass them on are when I pass away but hopefully the Grim Reaper isn't in the mood to scoop me away just yet :D but I do play exclusively UC because it's easier.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • NwonkuNwonku Posts: 3 New Member
    I used to have the whole sims 2 collection, but overtime i ended up misplacing them :( . Yesterday i went to a garage sale and happened upon a few sims games. (the sims 2 double deluxe edition, The university life collection, and best of business) i managed to snatch em all up for a bargain price of 15.00 ! I was ecstatic ! I can wait to play them, in fact I'm installing the game right now as i am typing this .
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I gave all my sims 2 games away about 8 years ago, then a few years later I realised my mistake and re-bought them all (mostly 2nd hand ones). THEN, not long after, I got that offer of having the free collection through Origin and was kicking myself for re-buying them lol.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    All these comments make me feel guilty about selling my discos...
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I still have it installed and play occasionally. It will forever be my favorite!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I still have it installed and play occasionally. It will forever be my favorite!

I realized this after playing for about a month + . I cant see another sims game being better than this one. (Unless they make a huge improvement with sims 5)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2017
    I still have all the sims 2 games. Having a garage sale soon and debating if I should keep them or not.
    I still have all the sims 2 games. Having a garage sale soon and debating if I should keep them or not.

If you still play them on occasion, you should! If not, let them go. I ending up losing mine in a move years ago, and just rebought them only now.

Before you get rid of them, why not use them as proof of ownership and contact EA for the ultimate collection? That way, you can then get rid of them but have the electronic version if you ever want to play again.
  • ButtercupBlueButtercupBlue Posts: 24 Member
    Does the sims 2 work on windows 10?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @ButtercupBlue

I have Sims 2 UC on windows 10 which works fine you will probably have to tweak the screen resolution and possibly use a mod to get rid of the shadows under sims feet but that’s all..

If you are playing with discs it appears to be more in depth and sometimes problematic.

If you are on UC and you need any of the links to the graphic/screen resolution fixes or the shadow fix mod just let me know :)

Yes, I have windows 10 and it works fine. Just had to change screen resolutions.

• ButtercupBlueButtercupBlue Posts: 24 Member

Yes, I have windows 10 and it works fine. Just had to change screen resolutions.

Thanks, brilliant.
    Also how do you start a new thread? X
    @ButtercupBlue I don't think you can start a thread until you become a member. It stops new people from joining just to spam the forums.