Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photos black in game

Since the October patch (1.24) some Mac users are reporting that photos taken in game with the camera or phone are black. Until EA fix it the workaround is to disable the retina setting in the game options.
apple-signature.png

Comments

• copygirl29copygirl29 Posts: 68 Member
    Disabling retina doesn't appear to make a difference, it just makes the graphics pixilate.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    copygirl29 wrote: »
    Disabling retina doesn't appear to make a difference, it just makes the graphics pixilate.

So your photos taken in game with the camera and phone are still black?

apple-signature.png
  • SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    I am having the same problem, turning off retina just makes the game look choppy and photos are still black :/
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2016
    Simetery wrote: »
    I am having the same problem, turning off retina just makes the game look choppy and photos are still black :/

A patch has just been released which apparently fixes this issue, have you updated?

It's fixed the Gallery black photo issue not the retina one :(
    apple-signature.png
  • alwaysimmingalwaysimming Posts: 1 New Member
    I am also having this problem, turning off retina display did not help it only made my game pixelated. My painting by reference come out blank, I am currently at a loss. I love being able to hang pictures of my sims on the walls and without that option I feel the game is lacking the personal aspects of a family. Does anyone know a solution to this problem other than turning off retina display?
  • Merrielle96Merrielle96 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have had this problem since I got the Get to Work expansion (only a couple of weeks ago). All digital pictures are immediately black and painting from reference only produces blank canvases. Altering Retina display settings have no effect on it. I'm concerned that there is no way to fix this since there was supposed to be a patch that fixed the problem way back when. But obviously it's still an issue. If anyone figures a fix to it then I'd love to know.
  • DankvaderDankvader Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm still having this problem as well. I tried taking out my mods, repairing the game, turning off Retina display, everything anyone could suggest, I did. I hope there is a fix soon I love taking pictures and selfies it was a big part of the game for me.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    What kind of Macs are you all playing on? It would help if you gave us details about your specific Mac, what kind of graphics card you have, etc.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • sasha_horansasha_horan Posts: 4 New Member
    I have had this problem too for what feels like forever. It hasn't really bothered me until now, because I didn't really have a use for taking photos, but now that I have started a family and want to take pictures of the new twins my sim just had, none of my pictures my sims take show up, at all, because they all turn black. I found turning off my Retina display works but I hated the poor graphics so much that I couldn't keep it like that :'/ I hope they fix this soon
  • MooseGooseMooseGoose Posts: 127 Member
    I just started to have this problem after the last patch. I miss being able to take photos and I hate not using the retina display.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I am getting really tired of this glitch too. Right now I've been turning Retina display off whenever I want my Sims to take a picture than immediately turning it back on. It technically works but it's annoying to have to do so much switching-plus, the pictures on their walls are blurry as all get-out.

I guess that'd why it's called a workaround, not a solution.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

I think this bug may actually be fixed now-I know it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, but I just had a Sim take a few photos and forgot to turn Retina display off first, and none of them are black. Can anyone else confirm?
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've seen a few reports of it being fixed so yeah, it might be.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial