Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK, Barbara? (We are bad at naming things) -- A United Reading Heptagon

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh my god yes @Sourocha! I love pineapple on my pizza, Hawaiian pizza is my absolute favorite.

I'm also fond of heavily meaty pizza, or anything sorta chunky, really. I'm from Chicago, but I'm not fond of deep dish pizzas, "pizza pies" or pies in general. Now, don't look at me like I sinned against God okay--I know how the saying goes with the "everybody loves pies" sorta thing. My brain just kinda goes dumb whenever I eat pies and I choke on the crust like an idiot every time. :sob: I have to butcher it till they're cut up enough like it's for a kid when I eat pies, and having to do all that effort before eating it is a pain. :(

My record was 15 and a half slices of pizza, but that was only because I was competing with my older brother at a party when we got bored. (He beat me by the way, 'cause I was so bloated by the end of it I just wanted to nap. LOL)
    If anything, I was really hungry that day and I used to work out a lot then so I was constantly eating a lot before. Plus I was a teenager, and well, metabolism, I guess.
    I'm still a vacuum when it comes to food, but nowadays I just get fat because I stopped working out but continued my appetite :sob:
    Gotta get back on the treadmill :sob:
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @CitizenErased14 oh shipping is the best! I think I had a lot of ship puns for the future shipping, can't wait for that. Also, can't wait for the hot guys talk too. I think I'm one of them because I had chili in my garden. Get it? No? Okay, bad start for the pun. Gotta get better pun next time.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Is it blasphemous that I'm not a big pizza fan? :-o It's okay but... meh. Haha *hides*

And @Arrowleaf I will admit that (I know this is bad :joy:) I can be overly sensitive sometimes when it comes to constructive criticism. I end up taking it to heart. BUT it's something I'm trying to improve on :) So maybe go a bit easy on me but if there's something you really think I can improve on tell me so I can work on both my writing and ability to take criticism haha. Just be gentle! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Arrowleaf - I am totally open to constructive criticism. I have tough skin as well and won't take it personally. That's one of the reasons I wanted to be a part of this group. Thanks for the compliment on my story. :) I know it has tons of room for improvement. I am really enjoying the start to your Landon legacy. Can't wait to start shipping your heiress!

@Cement - completely open to bad jokes and sexual innuendoes! I had already read your story before I realized it was yours and was so happy to see you were part of this group. There are so many twists and turns! BTW - what does Cement actually represent?

@cecerose0208 - OMG - Paydays - possibly my favorite candy bar! And your depiction of my suitcase is pretty spot on! John Grisham was certainly one of my favorites and I have both paperback and hardback novels from him. Then I moved to some less intense ones such as Patricia Cornwall and then even lighter reads like the In Death series by JD Robb. When Shades of Gray came out I was very glad I had a kindle reader! Embarrassing to read that on an airplane!

Somehow I found your story before we formed this group and started reading. I must not have bookmarked it because I was far behind. I started over to try and be sure I can keep up with who's who!

@CitizenErased14 - you know I have been following your story and have strong feelings about some of your characters!

I am up to date on everyone's story except @cecerose0208 @AkramA and @Sourocha although I have started all three. Ocha and I are new members of another (not very active) reading circle so I had already began reading her story. I hope to be caught up by this weekend and post another chapter. :)

As for what to call me - Well I picked my user name before I realized it would be used in the forums :blush: so yes - Audrey is good.

Sweet or Salty? Hmmm. Probably more on the salty side - well except for my favorite food group (Wine). :)

Pizza - The perfect food. All food groups rolled into one when you top it off with the wine food group! My favorite is supreme! Meat, bread, dairy, vegetable and wine! Heaven on earth. o:)

I just wanted everyone to know I am further behind that I would normally be. We have been out of town since Saturday and just got back early this morning. Not fun family stuff. :( Very glad to be back home. This was a welcome distraction this week for sure. :)
    Is it blasphemous that I'm not a big pizza fan? :-o It's okay but... meh. Haha *hides*

And @Arrowleaf I will admit that (I know this is bad :joy:) I can be overly sensitive sometimes when it comes to constructive criticism. I end up taking it to heart. BUT it's something I'm trying to improve on :) So maybe go a bit easy on me but if there's something you really think I can improve on tell me so I can work on both my writing and ability to take criticism haha. Just be gentle! :tongue:

Haha! I have noticed you don't take it well if someone dislikes one of your favorite characters!!!! *cough Mari cough*. :)
    edited March 2017
    For update on my reading in this circle, I haven't done so much with it, but I already put all of them on my reading schedule but I'm not going to be able to catch up on the long one for a while. Especially that tomorrow is weekend and I don't have any friend to hangout with :cry: I'm going to start reading little by little.

Also, do you have a posting schedule? or do you just post whenever it's done?

I post Castellon Legacy twice a week on Monday and Wednesday at around 8-10 pm GMT+7 which is around Monday/Wednesday morning in the US time maybe. I also post some rants about non-story simlit related stuff on Friday at the same hour.
    Re: Schedulec I recently changed my schedule so I post Weekends and Wednesdays. :)

As for reading, I am only caught up on arrowleaf's story. I had read Cece's a while ago but haven't caught up since she returned from her hiatus. So I'm close, but not quite there yet!

Started Mark's story. The others I hope to start this weekend! Still juggling a lot haha
    snvAF3B.png
    @AkramA - I don't have a posting schedule. I just post when it's done. But it might be better to have one. @CitizenErased14 has one that she regularly communicates to her readers.

Also, I think I am the only one that uses blogger. I have a wordpress account but have never used it. Any reason to switch for future stories?
    @AudryFid
    My life had been better with schedule, but it's definitely not for everyone.
    I used to use blogger but since wordpress is like social media that tends to love to exclude blogger user I moved on. I really like using blogger though, it's a lot more easy to organize and customize. Also with it I could use google analytic to check my readers demographic so I can pander more to their needs.
    @AudreyFld I have no experience with blogger but I use Wordpress partially because it's so popular. Lots of people have Wordpress accounts, which makes commenting easier (as well as following stories). And the WP app on the phone is so great for getting notified of new comments and stuff. Just my personal preference :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Oh, where did I miss @Arrowleaf's post on constructive criticism? I don't mind, I love hearing how I can improve! I used to draw on a doodle board when I was younger, and their input always helped me out :) For writing, I'm always running over my toes when I try to figure things out. My brain is always wandering since I'm a "chronic daydreamer." :joy: Go hard!

@AudreyFld When I noticed your first comment on my blog, I remembered your username because Audrey's my real name LOL. Because my sleep schedule was really wacky around that time, I was so confused thinking you were me :joy:
    I started reading yours when I found your story too, but as a lurker since most of the time I'm too shy to comment or I forget to log in (or worse, I think I comment but I actually don't and it's all my imagination :s ) I was caught up then, but I'm not now since jury duty was pushing me back on stories :sob:

The reason for "Cement" is because my original username always got me banned from several MMORPGs I played. Let's say I always named myself as a "man of the sea," but dirty minded people reported me because it sounded similar to something that comes out of men :) ... I was an honest child and I liked customization of nautical themed things! I was innocent!
    After a while, I started to put a T at the end so it looked like a bad phonetic spelling of Cement, and well... Now it's Cement. LOL
    ~Username origins~

@AkramA I also post whenever I finish, but it's generally 2-3 weeks in between each update, sometimes a little more since I end up going on a tangent and typing future scenes that won't show up for a long while, or because of school matters. ...And other shorts for narratives for my current game, but I usually prioritize taking screenshots for my story over those since my narratives have some hint of where my story actually ends up at some point (but not in the near future.)
    I have an account so I can comment, but I have never used it for a story. Maybe I will try it for any future stories.
    @cement - I am laughing so hard at your user name origin! Great story. Welcome Audrey! I think it's crazy some of us found each other's stories prior to even realizing it! :smiley:
    @Cement that is the greatest story omg :joy: Didn't those people know how to spell though? :joy: (ok, time to be off-color :lol: I was just thinking how "SaltySeaman" would be such a wonderful username... :joy::joy::joy: (Hey! The ocean is salty! GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!)
    snvAF3B.png
    Gutter - what gutter! :p
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited March 2017
    Most people ( that I know) don't like pineapple pizza, so, yay, @Cement ! Plus, woah, 15 slices!? I barely was able to eat the 7! And about your username..It took me a while to understand it! I was like ''Sea men...what? It' some kind of internal joke? i don't..get..'' And than, when I thought of how it's pronuciated...I got it! :D
    @AkramA I post once a week! On wednesdays!
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    @AudreyFld and @Cement Whenever I see the name Audrey I always think of Little Shop of Horror, if you've ever seen that movie. It's an older musical. It's a beautiful name.

@Sourocha I do love pizza and I love Hawaiian pizza! I am weird and my favorite pizza is extra cheese with stuffed crust. Most people prefer other things on their pizza though, so I rarely get it. :] I'd say the most I've ever had in 1 sitting is 4 slices? I usually only eat 1 or 2.

@AkramA I don't really have a schedule, per say. I am really bad and I tend to write and post soon afterwards. I sometimes don't even proof, which is why there tends to be a lot of typos until I go through a few days later. The reason I don't proof my own things right away is... I'll auto correct it in my mind. I'll read something, and say the sentence is missing a word, as I read my mind will automatically fill it in because it knows it is supposed to be there. I hate that. -_-

@CitizenErased14 Would you be more open to it if it was private? Through a message, or something. I do not have anything negative to say about your legacy (don't get the wrong idea) but I find that sometimes the reason people take things to heart on the forum has to do with perceived public embarrassment.

As for myself, I am similar to Citizen. I do want critiques, and I want everyone to be honest, but I would need it to be truly constructive criticism. I wouldn't want someone to just say, "I hate X. They're a [insert curse word]" I would want a more in depth analyst into why. If that makes sense.

Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    -pops out of lurker mode again-

DID SOMEBODY SAY PIZZ
    (My favorite is hamburger/beef pizza. MMM tasty.)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    edited March 2017
    @Arrowleaf - Yes! @Cement and I are in good company!
    Little Shop of Horrors Audrey
    kZMojBl.jpg

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys
    8VIgYMY.jpg

Little Audrey - that's really old - but some of my parents friends called me that and I hated it!
    ECdW6ls.jpg
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited March 2017
    @AudreyFld About your blogger vs wordpress question. When I first started my simlit FOREVER ago, it was on blogger. It has a lot of useful tools, some that Wordpress is missing, but my biggest complaint about blogger is that I find it hard to navigate. For example, on your blog, it shoots you into the challenge rules and below that you have your prologue.

The first thing I did when I went to your blog was look for a 'table of contents' type page, or any directory. I'm not sure if blogger has changed, but your blog doesn't have any tabs anywhere (and I just went and checked my Ignited blog, and it doesn't either). Now on the right side, the chapters are listed under the corresponding month tab, but for me this doesn't look organized. It took me a few minutes to realized that your prologue was under the challenge rules.

Now I may have just been being an idiot (I have air head moments) but I have never had this problem with a word press story (that I can recall).

Basically, what I am saying I guess, is that for me Wordpress seems more organized than blogger's layouts.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    Thanks for the input. I think if you can create a 'page' in blogger, it is separate from the postings and is a static page where you can maybe list chapters etc. But I am not sure how to successfully link back to the page from the blog. Perhaps just a static link somewhere in the post layout. If that makes any sense. I should try to do that to make it easier and link to the page for new readers so they can easily find what they are looking for. Also, separating the 'rules' from the prologue would have been better too it seems. :)
    @CitizenErased14 They don't! Those mean little 12 year olds, banning me from... Almost everything! I had to make a new e-mail like three times :joy:
    I am "Seamant" :joy::joy:

@Sourocha yeah, same here! I got my uncle into it, but one of my best friends rags on me for eating it :sob: I just think he hadn't had a good slice of pineapple pizza, but he's been reluctant to try another :sob:
    I'm a heavy eater, I pretty much eat everything off the plate till it's literally licked clean :astonished: I need to either stop and control myself or go back to exercising. (Probably going to try the latter because it's impossible for me to not eat! :sob: why does food gotta be so good :sob:)

@AudreyFld Haha, my mom named me after Audrey Hepburn, and I watched little Audrey when I was little! I honestly thought the whole cookie-gingerbread short was the scariest thing :joy: I could still remember the theme song, omg :joy:
    Little Shop of Horrors is one of my favorites, too! The dentist was so good :joy:
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited March 2017
    Okay, so...Ha! How about...yes, I'm going to keep thowring subjects in this thread. :D

Deserts!Or sweets in general...any favorite?

I like pie, pumpking pie, actually! I ate some delicious pie some weeks ago, but I just don't know which fruit is made of! It had like a red jelly on top of it, but it was soooooo good!I ate like three pieces in the breakfast ( little ones.) Ice-cream is nice, too, depending on the ice-cream thought, like chocolate ice-cream, and pineapple, with pineapple pieces on it! hummm! I also tasted salty-caramel ice-cream once...and it was very nice! Like all kinds of chocolate, like pineapple mousse, and mousse made of fruits in general...make most times on the weekand! Fruit salad yes, and confectionary sweets! Brownies! Hum! Like it, a looot!
    So many Wednesday people I love it! I wonder why Wednesday is so important, I like it because it's in the middle of weekdays.

Also saw that some just post whenever it's done. I used to be like that but having a schedule make me write my story a lot faster than usual because the distraction usually get in the way if I don't have one. I also and editing freak and will probably will never post a story if there wasn't any schedule as it's nothing will ever be considered done. Although I always knew that schedule and creative work usually didn't go together as inspiration usually come and go and that's why I usually had idea note files just to compile some of my ideas.

So back to the important question, favorite sweet.

Fresh Fruits is the best sweet but processed one is fine too! My banana tree just riped and we're planning on making a pressed grilled banana with brown sugar durian sauce.
    Hmm, I used to have a "schedule" of posting on the weekends but I never got to stick to it since I always end up having an epiphany of how to better write a certain scene like a day before I plan on posting and I end up rewriting several times until I'm happy... Or until my brain gives up on me and screams to just press "publish" :joy:

For sweets, I like squishy fruit flavored candies, one of my top favorites being peach rings. Flavors... Coconut, watermelon, orange, and green apple flavors are ones I love. If there are more "exotic" ones than the usual, I like trying them too. Pastry wise, I'm good with everything but pies and doughnuts. I'm kind of sick of doughnuts at the moment since they gave us really sad doughnuts in jury duty with fake chocolate, and they're really dry. :sob:
    Chocolate is good too!

And ohh @AkramA, you have a banana tree? I used to have a little one, one of the ones that don't grow as big. I named the tree "Clint" after Clint Eastwood (I grew it when I was binge watching old Clint Eastwood movies with my brother and dad) and he was a good tree for a few years.
    RIP Clint, your banana children were delicious :pensive: