Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night Trailer

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm still confused on whether or not "Bowling Hangout" is a new venue type or something they just said to make it seem more interesting... because on their "news" page about the pack, they suggest that you can turn a nightclub, lounge, or bar into a bowling alley as well. I really hate when they do things like that. They need to be more clear on certain things when they release packs like this.

Also, the stuff packs usually come with two gameplay objects (excluding "Cool Kitchen")... but this one only seems to come with bowling lanes. That's a disappointment. I was hoping they would include like a crane machine or something (every bowling alley I've been to has one). Or maybe even bring back the toilet stalls.

Maybe they'll release a patch (as they always do when a pack is announced) and they'll include bathroom stalls with that. We still need them...

I'm still hopeful for a bowling center venue type, maybe that just requires the bowling lanes in order to build so it's not too restrictive. I already zoned my Old Salt House reno as a bar and have all the required objects, so I've at least got one venue just about ready to go. Maybe they're designed to attract Sims wherever they're placed -- if that's the case they'll work well in my Oasis Springs park where I have a basement underneath the community center and can easily add a room for bowling. I would love to see bathroom stalls come in a patch -- I've built sort of a faux stall and keep it in my Library to use in builds (just have to add floor and wall coverings when I place them) but an actual stall, and of course urinals, would be very welcome.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of venues and these venue presets we have now. I'm hoping for them to patch in venue customization instead of these useless venue types.
    That they don't call it a bowling venue, but instead bowling hangout says it all tbh.

Maybe it's because the pack doesn't actually have a bowling venue type but allows you to turn other lot types into a functioning one....
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited March 2017
    lejoninna wrote: »
    oh no, they went bland and textureless with the furniture again. I thought they were past that since the lovely detailed items in Vampires.

Bowling is old school and the furniture is mid-century modern....what they had there looks like mid-century modern furniture.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    According to the blog we are getting a venue! Colour me surprised!
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I appreciate they gave kids their own way to play. Pretty adorable, and this is coming from someone who skips playing them. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I've read the blog, it doesn't say anything about a venue, only that we can use already available venues as bowling alleys.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm still confused on whether or not "Bowling Hangout" is a new venue type or something they just said to make it seem more interesting... because on their "news" page about the pack, they suggest that you can turn a nightclub, lounge, or bar into a bowling alley as well. I really hate when they do things like that. They need to be more clear on certain things when they release packs like this.

Also, the stuff packs usually come with two gameplay objects (excluding "Cool Kitchen")... but this one only seems to come with bowling lanes. That's a disappointment. I was hoping they would include like a crane machine or something (every bowling alley I've been to has one). Or maybe even bring back the toilet stalls.

Maybe they'll release a patch (as they always do when a pack is announced) and they'll include bathroom stalls with that. We still need them...

A large part of the venues, to my understanding, is that they change the functionality of NPC Sim's AI. Yknow so for example Rattlesnake Juice is a bar in Oasis Springs, and even though it has a jukebox, you only ever see 1-2 sims dancing at a time, never more. Meanwhile, Diskothek Pan Europa has sims doing almost nothing but dancing, since it's marked as a dance club.

I think the point they were trying to make is that nothing's stopping you from putting a bowling lane on any lot type, but whether it's it's own venue type or not...? Good question, cause it's hard to say if they felt a tweak to AI was warranted or not in order to get other Sims to bowl. I guess the big takeaway though is does it really matter? The only real "concern" I see is that it would be a shame if you put them in a bar but no one except your own Sims ever touched the bowling lane, but given EA's usual attitude of absolutely overdoing it and making every sim gravitate towards interacting with new features, I'd guess it is a new venue type, though the only difference it'll provide is it'll raise NPC AI's incentive towards bowling, if that's the case.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    10th stuff pack and the 3rd pack that comes with only one gameplay object (after Perfect Patio and Cool Kitchen)?

Also interesting the pack is releasing on a Wednesday.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    This looks like a lot of fun!!
    Also PLEASE upload these trailer sims. ;) My game wants them.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    oh no, they went bland and textureless with the furniture again. I thought they were past that since the lovely detailed items in Vampires.

What do you mean by "bland and textureless"? There is just some furniture in real life that doesn't have a lot of texture in general.
    Like these mid century chairs

I've read the blog, it doesn't say anything about a venue, only that we can use already available venues as bowling alleys.

It says The Oasis Spring DustBowl comes ready to place into your world or you can convert any bar, lounge into a fully functioning alley.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't care if there is a venue or not. The Gallery creators will do a better job of it anyway. I'm more interested to see what the community makes.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Direct quote from the blog. I'm having issues quoting as on my phone.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I like the pics showing where they are kinda wobbly, reminds me of the Toddlers learning to walk :D

I think that is great, you got to learn as you go. Dropping the ball and falling is about right when learning to bowl.

I can't wait!
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

What do you mean by "bland and textureless"? There is just some furniture in real life that doesn't have a lot of texture in general.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member

lol. this is a game though. and the items from Vampires were detailed, not just blocks of color. that's what I mean, you don't have to agree.
    Oh no is hat the name of the object not a venue? Hmm that does disappoint if that's the case. My bad.

It says The Oasis Spring DustBowl comes ready to place into your world or you can convert any bar, lounge into a fully functioning alley.
    Yes, I know what it says. It doesn't mean there's a new venue, just that they made a new lot that comes with the new objects. 'Fully functioning' just means they've added a bowling object. Why not say there's a new venue if they added a venue?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I am so excited and I can't wait!!! I want to start building a bowling ally for my Sims but I know what will happen. I will miss judge the size of lane and have to scrap the whole thing....LOL Each time I pre-build...LOL Still I can't wait. I am always hungry for some non bar type venues that are not makeshift!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Bowling pack, here i come!
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I like that they included a new skill, but they haven't actually said there will be a new venue.
    I might be misreading, but from the wording, it sounds like we're not getting an actual "bowling venue." But what we are getting is the kind of functionality in the game that a bar, lounge, or club, could have a bowling alley added to it and it will function properly, with NPCs and all.
    The Oasis Springs Dust Bowl comes ready to be placed into your world, or you can convert any Bar, Nightclub, or Lounge into a fully functioning alley.

Maybe @SimGuruGraham can clarify? New venue type or no?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Random Side Note:
    Am I the only one that wants to know what the plum is up with EA's obsession with ridiculously large objects...? The rocket ship, the observatory, the backyard water slide, the GIANT paintings from City Living they showed off in the preview streams, now the bowling alleys...

Dunno about the rest of you but I always just end up super angry when I find yet another oversized object in the catalog. We just got Bowling Alleys before Pool tables despite the pool tables being infinitely more practical in terms of size. Sims 2 and Sims 3 both had 80x80 lots, here we have I think a grand total of two 60x60 lots (both occupied by premade families) in existence and nothing bigger, but by God they gotta make sure we have an oversupply of items that take up obscene amounts of space!

Hahahah I really have to agree. Its very strange. I am still waiting for smaller objects for the dollhouses, the telescope and microscope. Seriously missing the small telescope.
    I tweeted simgurugraham and asked about the venue so we can know once and for all what it means. LOL
    Allons-y!

Yes, I know what it says. It doesn't mean there's a new venue, just that they made a new lot that comes with the new objects. 'Fully functioning' just means they've added a bowling object. Why not say there's a new venue if they added a venue?

Lol yeah I have caught on to that. Oasis Spring Dust bowl does sound like a venue rather than an object. *Goes back to being disappointed*