Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @WiggleyTuff - if the base cost of the build is 14k, then feel free to spend the whole $40k. I get so confused with how apartments work in this game!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    So it is the base cost of the lot+ 40k budget? Just to make sure xD
    edited March 2017
    @WiggleyTuff - no, the budget must include the base cost of the lot, the final cost of the whole build cannot be more than $40k.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I'm nearly ready to enter my build for this challenge, I forgot how long it takes to grow perfect plants in game though :O
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 65 - The Hawthorne Project - Part 3
    FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: gcouti
    LEVEL: I guess I'll try Established this time :)
    LOT: Greenvale Modern
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $37,992
    TOTAL COST: $39,992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS: After two traditional challenges, I decided to give Mr. Potter a modern home. Inspired by the modernism movement which was a huge deal in my country 50 years ago. The large glass windows didn't help my budget at all, though.

Mr. Potter will find his place with lots of greenery and sober colors inside. Concrete floors complete the modern feel.

nh5tYAc.png
    11aOaEe.png
    edited March 2017
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #64 - RYUNOTEN, ATTORNEYS AT HOME

Your results are now available here.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Such great entries! I've never done a build challenge. It's impressive to see how each of the entries fulfills the challenge but are unique!
    edited March 2017
    Hi there @withlovejulien, lovely to see you over here at Build n Share. Please join in if you wish, you set your own levels and we only offer constructive comments!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @ Wildling, lovely modern home! I like the layout very much - and the open kitchen.
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @ Wildling, lovely modern home! I like the layout very much - and the open kitchen.

Thank you! I love open kitchens (have on at my house), and they surely do help with low budgets!
    edited March 2017
    FORUM ID: FaithofKaela
    ORIGIN ID: FaithofKaela
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Onyx
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $37,808
    TOTAL COST: $39,808
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: You can see my images here.
    ENTRY DETAILS:

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    j95rdRj.jpg

Mu3KhMl.jpg
    @faithofkaela - Wow, I love the green/grey and the floors...and the great detail on the bar! Nice!
    Thanks @Ainsleyf!!!
    @FaithofKaela Beautiful house! I'm in love with the path to the front door, such a cool idea
    @Wildling thanks for your kind comments hon! Glad you liked the pathway to the front door, I thought it was just that little bit different :)
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO #64 - RYUNOTEN, ATTORNEYS AT HOME

GArBA5W.jpg
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    FORUM ID: nicolethebowl
    ORIGIN ID: nicolethebowl
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Desert Flat
    LOT COST: 2, 367
    BUILD COST: 36, 245
    TOTAL COST: 38, 612
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/whGcB
    ENTRY DETAILS: Very plain and simple for an soldier and also neat. Not too bright or distracting colors in rooms other than kids rooms. Plenty of activities for him to busy himself with.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: tAeZ2tX.png
    9rteVq0.png
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2017
    replaced below with proper links
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited March 2017
    Sim: Dave Potter
    FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles / JTemple
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIM: Link to Gallery Upload To Be Posted when I can create such a link.
    HOUSE ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/sZBXX
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/4xufi

ENTRY DETAILS: Dave Potter is creative, in spite of his general gloominess. His aspiration is to create a comfortable and pleasant home for the children if and when they can come to his home. Dave loves to read and play chess. He is trying to get the hang of basket ball, he keeps returning to the hoop again and again. Dave continues to keep fit with regular exercise and jogging. He is having some problems creating good relationships but he is learning. I have great hope for Dave in overcoming his problems with PTSD because he does not seem to be a quitter. Dave is muscular from his time in military but since leaving the armed forces has developed a very slight paunch. He remains a fit and healthy, generally.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!, Please.
    NO CC/RECOLORS: All regular game content

IMPROVED SLIDESHOWS BETTER THAN THE GOOGLE LINKS!
    (Sorry, I'll be much more adept on a second challenge, this has been a real learning experience!)

eurame.jpg54i2h.jpg
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited March 2017
    FORUM ID: FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID: FoundMarbles / JTemple
    LEVEL: Beginner (11 builds to date)
    LOT: Seaside Retreat
    LOT COST: $1500
    BUILD COST: $38478
    TOTAL COST: $39978
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://goo.gl/photos/TEqWyjqXV8DgTU4f7
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This house Windenburg home is modern and has all the required eliments. Situated on an Island and near the water's edge should be a good and calming neighborhood for this PTSD sufferer. After taking care of the challenge demands I started decorating in earnest with my calculator. I managed some nice decor with carefully chosen furnishings, good guality appliances (if not best). The home has a "Homey, Sunny Aspect" with "Gnomes"; I wanted to give Dave Potter the best possible chance of a good life and considered his children in the choices so he can do things with them. I came in $56 over budget forcing me to throw out things, it is the clutter that cost the most! I thought the flowers were a nice finish. The house has a simple and easy layout, with an eat-in kitchen which is the only dining area. All in, I think it a simply attractive home, with a fairly open floor plan. The house was designed for active use so I have now uploaded to the gallery and will let Dave into his new home to test his reactions.

SIM: Dave Potter
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://goo.gl/photos/QogQtWUmv1EKeoTx5
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dave Potter is creative, in spite of his general gloominess. His aspiration is to create a comfortable and pleasant home for the children if and when they can come to his home. Dave loves to read and play chess. He is trying to get the hang of basket ball, he keeps returning to the hoop again and again. Dave continues to keep fit with regular exercise and jogging. He is having some problems creating good relationships but he is learning. I have great hope for Dave in overcoming his problems with PTSD because he does not seem to be a quitter. Dave is muscular from his time in military but since leaving the armed forces has developed a very slight paunch. He remains a fit and healthy, generally.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!, Please.
    NO CC/RECOLORS: All regular game content

33578md.jpg21jbngw.jpg

@FoundMarbles - I have created your links for you and merged your entry forms to match our standard. Good luck with the challenge :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    @nicolethebowl - nice, I like the desert styling!

@FoundMarbles - Dave looks awesome, as does the house :D
    Pretty house @nicolethebowl! I concede with FaithofKaela, it has a nice deserty feel. Nice job @FoundMarbles..and with only 11 builds under your belt? Great! Dave looks good too!
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO #64 - RYUNOTEN, ATTORNEY'S AT HOME

GArBA5W.jpg

@FoundMarbles - Dave looks awesome, as does the house :D

Thank You! very much, you are kind.

Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Nice job @FoundMarbles..and with only 11 builds under your belt? Great! Dave looks good too!

I only acquired the Sims 4 on the last day of January. This is my first challenge attempt.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Generally I try to build replicas of "real world" buildings. Either ones I have lived in or ones that inspire me as I walk the streets. (I am now preparing to expand my aims looking at historic buildings I can see online.) It is the building aspect I love and only play Sims to give constructions a really good test. (You know you messed up when they complain with the big red X!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top