Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Story of Bob Bobson Updated 2/19

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited August 2016
    Another conversation from when the Dine Out gamepack was announced.

~~~~~~~~~~

Psssssssst

Bob

PSSSSSSSSSST

"...Wazzat...? -snores-"

On June 7th perhaps, you'll get a boost to that super rich and famous celebrity chef thing you want me to get going.

"-soft snoring- WHAT?!"

Yes, The Sims 4 Dine Out game pack is coming out then.

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahhhh WAIT was that DS last night? Something about Dining out??? Chinese food? PIZZA? Oh wait, what'd DS say last night?"

"Idk I wasn't awake."

"-Bob shoots Eric an impatient glare-"

"Fine, I think it was something about a fancy new restaurant, and experimental food..."

"HMM, really? -internally yelling WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP- Nah couldn't be, but I wasn't paying attention to be honest."
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm really loving this! :) Each chapter has made me laugh so far, and I have no idea how Eric has avoided karate chopping Bob, especially after the breakfast incident! Tut tut, Bob...
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    Story_Banner.png
    Chapter 9: Camping, Part 1

Ahh, the Great Outdoors, where it's too hot outside, bugs abound and-

07-04-16_12-40-01_PM1.png

"What's so 'great' about it?!"

Getting to stargaze inside an air-conditioned tent that's actually a house and playing Sims--- Oh wait that's just me. Sorry Bob, you're outta luck this time.

"This is very cruel and unusual-"

Yes Bob, I know. You'd rather spend all day inside cooking to your heart's content, and enjoy that wonderful thing known as "air-conditioning". Gimme a book or something and I'll be happy as a clam.

ANYWAY let's go see how Eric is dealing with suddenly finding himself stuck outside, oh here he comes now.

07-04-16_3-17-37_PM.png

Oh dear, he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself as much as he thought he would.

"It's not as comfortable as I would like it, I mean, I can't take a nap while fishing, and SOMEBODY has been complaining about how dirty this place is."

I'll speak to him.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey uh, Bob, you DO realize that the outdoors is where all that dirt is supposed to go, right?

"Sounds like a suspicious rumor that's been perpetuated by a certain somebody..."

Bob, would I tell you something that wasn't true???

"Uhmmm no???"

We'll have to continue this later Bob, here comes Eric.

07-04-16_3-23-50_PM1.png

Bob decided to make hamburgers and see if cooking held the same fascination here as it did in his not very professional kitchen.

07-04-16_3-29-05_PM.png

"I can just hear the music that will precede my cooking show..."

"Actually I'm pretty sure that's just birds, but whatever makes you happy pal."

07-04-16_3-26-29_PM.png

"Bugs... Why... ;-;"

07-04-16_3-27-25_PM.png

In this screenshot, we get a view of Bob's hamburger.

"A cupcake sounds good right now..."

08-05-16_10-21-46_PM.png

"Ahh... So nice out here..."
    Story_Banner.png
    Screenshotless Interlude 1

???: "Hello? -knocks on their front door- Bob? -knock knock knock-Eric? -knock knock knock- Anybody?"

Ah, hello Eric(k*)a. What brings you here today?

Ericka Seay: "I'm looking for Bob, but I haven't seen him in ages, where is he?"

He's on vacation, where he'll stay for awhile yet I'm afraid. Currently he's at @Maladi777 (?)'s Heffner legacy Book Signing convention thing.

Ericka: "Well, if he didn't go and promise me to take me with him on vacation... He'd better bring me back a copy, OR. ELSE."

Me: -hurriedly sends message to Bob-

Ericka: "OI, what do you think you're doing?"

Nothing, nothing Ericka nothing at all... -presses send button-

Ericka: "Hmph. I'll be off then, but mind you, the very SECOND he's back, I'm wanting an explanation, an apology, and-"

Ok Ericka, that's all the time I have for tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~

I tried basing her personality off of Donna from Doctor Who. *The K was originally in when the game decided to spawn her a couple years ago, but I like it better spelled as Erica.
    Story_Banner.png
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I like his sweater.
    Is it common to break the fourth-wall in legacies? I have seen it happening more often where the omniscient narrator inserts and talks with the main character. It's just a newer concept to me.
    Bob's thoughts about vegetables make me want a salad now. I think I'll make one for dinner.
    Lol... I'm enjoying the double names (i.e. Bob Bobson and Eric Ericson). Why is Eric so grumpy and grumbling if he's supposed to be cheerful? Eric reading Bob's book made me smile. Yes, the Sims just wander as they please, don't they?
    Cupcakes vs. naps... mmm... now I want a cupcake, and then probably a nap from the sugar coma.
    The recliner while fishing thing was funny.
    Bob and his "big fish" tales about a bear... lol...
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2016
    xD Glad you're enjoying it Bob just happens to do as he wants, and he'll break the fourth wall as often as he wants... Which is fairly often. At least I put a window in so he can talk???

Anyway nice to see you here! I don't get many readers yet but I'm slowly getting there :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Hi all! I apologize for the unexpected hiatus of this story, I was honestly expecting to get Dine Out a lot sooner than I did (just finally got it the other night), and I was waiting to get that pack before continuing the story! I haven't had too much of a chance to play around with it yet, but I'm going to be resuming soon (Hopefully). I have several other writing projects currently on-going, and I'm hoping to make progress with those at some point in the near future, because pretty much everything went on a hiatus due to some IRL stuff.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I appreciate it :)

~SeaDragonSong
    Story_Banner.png
    edited March 2017
    What's this??? A wild DS appeared what will Bob do?!

Chapter 10: Camping, Part 2

We rejoin our favorite Sims 4 duo in Granite Falls, where they are attempting to have a nice, relaxing vacation... What could possibly go wrong?

03-20-17_6-22-27_PM.png

Bob: "You call this "Nice"?! and "RELAXING?!" There is a BEAR, STANDING, less than 2 feet away from me!"

Being the Sim that he is, Bob decided to have an impromptu staring contest with the bear.

Bob: "Bear, you're going DOWN."

While Bob is giving his newest Simbear acquaintance his best intimidating staring contest glare (that he totally lost at btw), Eric is blissfully unaware, fishing to his heart's content.

03-20-17_6-36-06_PM.png

Eric: "Ahh... peace and quiet..."

03-20-17_6-45-17_PM.png

Unfortunately, I could not grab screenshots of the bear scaring Bob, as he only did it once, and my game didn't pause until AFTER the bear scared him. I did, however, grab a couple screenshots of Bob trying to use a joybuzzer on the bear, but 1. I didn't upload them at this time, and 2. he failed miserably and electrocuted himself a couple times.

"STAHP SPREADING VICIOUS RUMORS ABOUT ME DS!"

o-o k then.

Bob: "And if you believe in magic, ALLLLLL your dreams will come true..."

Bear: "WOW really?!"

03-20-17_6-46-25_PM.png

Eric: "I'm so good at this, I can do it with my eyes closed..."

03-20-17_6-50-29_PM.png

Bob: "I'm so proud of myself, I totally scared it away with how awesome I am."

Uh, no, actually, he's just leaving of his own free will. Sorry Bob, hate to burst your bubble.

"You take exceptional pleasure in doing so, don't you >.>"

03-20-17_6-51-23_PM.png

Eric: "Oh heyyyy I caught a fish."

03-20-17_6-53-28_PM.png

After the bear mysteriously left, a park ranger came over to Bob.

Bob: "Woooow... You're so good at your job... I ALMOST DIED BACK THERE"

Park Ranger: "LOL"

Bear in background: "-laughs-"
    Story_Banner.png
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Ahh, the great outdoors! Glad Bob survived his ursine encounter. ;) And could the park ranger be his girlfriend?!

The Christmas sweater is certainly an interesting choice...maybe Bob is a trendsetter and doesn't even know it. Or thinks he is and is definitely not.
    uduVcAP.png
    edited March 2017
    Nope the parker ranger is not his girlfriend. Interesting guess though! (In-game I don't think Bob even realizes who his girlfriend is though, because I'm not certain they've even met in this save yet. Tbh, I'm not sure if I've put her in yet LOL. You've definitely seen him talk about her though ;) )

Bob: I'm totally a trendsetter.
    Story_Banner.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I think Bob is lucky that bear didn't go a round on him ;)

Don't mess with bears, Bob! They don't take no for an answer!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    My high school mascot was a bear. We are a fierce bunch. RAWR
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I loved how everyone laughed at poor Bob.

(Sorry, Bob! You're fun to laugh at! :joy: )

And that bear...you have to be quick with the camera!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

I totally agree with that assessment of Bob, it was honestly so funny while getting those screenshots because it was so entirely in character for him, and I was laughing at him just glaring at the bear and then when I made him he tried using a joybuzzer on the bear, and it failed twice in a row and he got shocked and then HIS FACE when the bear walked away. I'm pretty sure the bear and the park ranger have some kind of racket going on, because she was doing a funny introduction on Bob, and the bear was thinking about the park ranger in the background. It was honestly one of the best things ever.
    Story_Banner.png

I totally agree with that assessment of Bob, it was honestly so funny while getting those screenshots because it was so entirely in character for him, and I was laughing at him just glaring at the bear and then when I made him he tried using a joybuzzer on the bear, and it failed twice in a row and he got shocked and then HIS FACE when the bear walked away. I'm pretty sure the bear and the park ranger have some kind of racket going on, because she was doing a funny introduction on Bob, and the bear was thinking about the park ranger in the background. It was honestly one of the best things ever.

I would have loved to have witnessed it! :joy: You need to video Bob sometime...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Currently in-game right now, haven't started on my screenshotting spree yet, but I just made sure that Eric's eventual girlfriend is now in my library. I also confirmed that Bob's will-be girlfriend is not in this save yet, so it's a simple matter of pulling her out of my library and putting her in, right? Wrong. Turns out I have like 3 (at least) copies of her in my library, and each of them is different. She's already appeared in a few screenshots, buuuuut do I want to completely redesign her, or pick my favorite of the ones that I have... DECISIONS.
    Story_Banner.png
    Currently in-game right now, haven't started on my screenshotting spree yet, but I just made sure that Eric's eventual girlfriend is now in my library. I also confirmed that Bob's will-be girlfriend is not in this save yet, so it's a simple matter of pulling her out of my library and putting her in, right? Wrong. Turns out I have like 3 (at least) copies of her in my library, and each of them is different. She's already appeared in a few screenshots, buuuuut do I want to completely redesign her, or pick my favorite of the ones that I have... DECISIONS.

Pick the goofiest prettiest! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    What does your (and Bob's) heart tell you to do?
    uduVcAP.png
    What does your (and Bob's) heart tell you to do?

Bob is no help whatsoever here. All he wants to do is show off.

Bob: I am NOT, I REPEAT NOT a "showoff" THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE.

Wow. Bob, I'm pretty sure that, oh idk, the entire story is about you showing off??? Just sayin', you're pretty full of yourself. Not sure how your girlfriend is gonna feel about that.

Bob: I have a girlfriend???

Um, that's literally what the whole conversation has been about.

Bob: -scavenges relationship panel across saves- I see no sign of this so called "girlfriend"

That's because we haven't reached that part yet.
    Story_Banner.png
    edited March 2017
    Bob: AHA, I think I found who you're referring to, her name IS---

No SPOILAHS Bob. That's final.

~~~~~~~~~

Currently going through CAS and using the Genetics to see what the Bob-lings would look like, and so far only one of #1's daughters looked semi decent when combined with Bob. I have doubts about 2 and 3 as well, so it's likely that she'll be undergoing a makeover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she's done! I'm actually really happy how this one turned out, and the Bob-lings look decent, so she's a keeper! Gonna add her to the game now and then see what Mr. Showoff himself is up to.
    Post edited by SeaDragonSong on
    Story_Banner.png
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Woo!! Caught up. I was chuckling through every chapter.

Loved the air conditioned tent that some call a house where you can play the sims!! Haha.

Bobs sweater cracks me up and Eric's lazy and wanting a recliner for fishing!!

Cannot wait to read about Bobs new girlfriend!!

Deb Debson? Haha.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    cshaner wrote: »
    Woo!! Caught up. I was chuckling through every chapter.

Loved the air conditioned tent that some call a house where you can play the sims!! Haha.

Bobs sweater cracks me up and Eric's lazy and wanting a recliner for fishing!!

Cannot wait to read about Bobs new girlfriend!!

Deb Debson? Haha.

Haha, you'll have to wait until awhile longer for that I'm afraid! Hoping to begin writing soon!
    Story_Banner.png
    edited March 2017
    Chapter 11: I promise, this is the last Camping one. [For now :O ]

As I was taking care of Bob and Eric's needs, Bob got a phone call (that's some nice reception in the woods right there) asking if he wanted to join the club Renegades. I mean really, does THIS

03-22-17_9-01-15_PM.png

look like rebellious, Renegade material? Well, I guess that depends on your definition of rebellious and renegade. I simply said no, because honestly, Bob doesn't need to go through a rebellious phase (he's rebellious enough @_@)

03-22-17_9-10-03_PM.png

That night, they decided to entertain each other by telling really scary stories. A ghost decided to drop by in the middle of Bob's and promptly started haunting the fire-pit in front of them.

Bob: "AND THEN... the most TERRIFYING THING EVER HAPPENED BUT IDK WHAT IT WAS!!!"

Eric: "Wow, ok then."

03-22-17_9-12-10_PM.png

Bob: "AND THERE WERE GIANT ZOMBIES RAMPAGING THROUGH TOWN!!!"

Eric: "Yeah, ok. This is getting boring."

So while Eric went and collected some stuff, Bob decided to stand there, congratulating himself on a great story well told.

03-22-17_9-13-31_PM.png

Bob: "Totally nailed it, am I right?"

Uhh Bob, our guest is right behind you. Didn't know if you noticed or not.

Bob: "Nah."

OOk, just checking.

Eric then also told a scary story, but for some reason failed at it. I also thought I uploaded one of Eric (I know I took some), but I apparently didn't.

So the next day...

03-22-17_10-00-24_PM.png

Eric: "I know I'm gonna catch new fish today..."

Oh look, here comes Bob. He doesn't exactly look the happiest after what I just made him do. Also I really relate to Eric in that picture sometimes, just not with fish I think.

03-22-17_9-56-34_PM.png

Eric: "Look at this fish!"

Bob: "Myyeehhhhh I'd really rather not after what DS just made me dooooo..."

03-22-17_9-59-54_PM.png

Bob: "DS... why would you do this to me...?"

So that evening, since I was running out of stuff for them to do, I had them just pack up and go home (And I just now remembered that I didn't pick up their tents first so I have no idea if they brought those with them or not).

03-22-17_10-55-48_PM.png

Bob: "DS... A word?"

Yes Bob?

Bob: "1. Where did our house go?! 2. Who is THAT?! and 3. WHYDOESHEHAVETHEPLUMBOBOVERHISHEADANDNOTMINED:<"

1. I forgot to save your house when I made it, and haven't had the motivation to rebuild it. I'm bad at building you know. 2 and 3. His name is Jerry. He's your new roommate. That's why the plumbob is over his head.

03-22-17_10-57-00_PM.png

Jerry: "Hi. So um, what's there to do here? I'm bored."

03-22-17_11-00-16_PM.png

Bob: "YOU WHAT?! FIRST THING IS FIRST. THIS IS MY STORY. IDK WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE BUT IF ANYONE IS GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW BORING DS IS THAT'S ME"

03-22-17_11-03-10_PM.png

Jerry: "Is this guy seriously like this all the time?"

Eric: "Pretty much."

But also since I was too lazy to rebuild their home from scratch, I decided to move them to the new neighborhood of San Myshuno, and put them in an apartment.

03-22-17_11-20-33_PM.png

So there they are. Welp. I guess that's all I have for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if this chapter seems kinda different than the others, I've had stuff going on irl and it's just really all blehh right now.

Also for those wondering, Jerry is NOT Jerry Jerryson (I tried, I REALLY tried, but Jerry was NOT going for it.), his name is Jerry Merritt. (I think. I don't have my game open at the moment so I can't check the spelling of it.) He's lazy (like Eric, the two of them get along great so far, while Bob is dealing with severe rivalry issues), a genius, and a geek.

Also SPOILAHS for Bob's girlfriend (not the newest version), these are screenshots from their original interactions. So... don't click if you don't want spoiled as to who she is???
    06-10-15_6-41_PM.png
    06-10-15_6-48_PM.png

It's hard not to ship them when Bob looks like that. The official ship name would be...
    Berica (bear-icka). Honestly I feel like that's so accurate given his first conversation with her he was talking about his encounter with a bear (which at the time hadn't happened yet).
    It was a total coincidence that she ended up with the feminine form of Eric's name @_@
    Post edited by SeaDragonSong on
    Story_Banner.png
    edited March 2017
    Dawww...
    .BEARICA!!! WHAT A SHIP NAME!!! Swoon! And wook at his face??? So cute! I'm dying...
    ANYway...

I liked the chapter. Bob was being his usual dramaqueen self (yes, I said it, Bob), and Eric caught a HUGE honkin' fish. What's not to love?

PLUS...they got a HUNKY new roomie...Aw c'mon...you gotta go into CAS using cas.fulleditmode and FORCE Jerry to be Jerry Jerryson, I mean...that's the precedent. Your fans demand it! <3

dog.png
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg