Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many life stages have YOU gone through since you got into The Sims?

Its pretty easy to more or less figure what life stage we are compared to the sims, and I figured it would be a fun question. :)
I didn't get really obsessed with Sims until some of my more favored EP came out.
But I feel like I can say I started as Young Adult and now I'm "Adult" lol.

I've seen a lot of younger folks say they started as kids, so I figure its possible some people have "aged up" more times. :p

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Wow...this is going to be mindblowing for me. Just how much of my life I've played this game!

I was in the child lifestage when my mom surprised my sister and I with The Sims 1 for Christmas. I had seen a commercial on it and was blown away by the idea of essentially a virtual dollhouse. My mom picked up on this, clearly. :tongue:

In the Sims 2, I was still in the child lifestage when it came out. I remember we had gotten the last Sims 1 Expansion - Makin' Magic - and it came with a trailer of The Sims 2. I remember seeing the sims actually pregnant and babies actually growing up and oh my god, my sister and I were sooo excited! :lol: By the time Sims 2 was done, I was a teenager.

Into The Sims 3, I was still early in my teen lifestage. Open world blew my mind. I remember my first sim was a YA adult female with pink highlights in her hair :lol: By the time Into the Future was released, I was a young adult. And now with The Sims 4 (which I don't play, really), I am still a young adult.

So, let's see...My lifespan must be set on epic. :lol: Because I have only gone through 3 lifestages over the last 16 years. :tongue:

I quite literally grew up on these forums, in fact. Was there on the Sims 2 forums all the way until now (somewhat regrettably since it is amazing how much you can grow as a person in such a short time. I sometimes wish I could go back and make sure the forums didn't have to see the worst of my personal growth, but eh, can't go back in time!).

I have some silly Sims 2/ Sims 2 forum stories since I was a prime child at the time:

For starters, I wrote a lot of stories using The Sims 2. They are all likely horrendously terrible :lol: but I was sooo proud of them. One was called "Ghost Whisperer" and I wrote it before the show...so I'm just sayin', where are my royalty checks? :tongue: (Also, what does it say that those writers came up with the same name for their show as a child did for her Sims 2 story? :lol: ).
    I remember a chapter of Ghost Whisperer got a 5 star rating and I flipped! I immediately told my dad about it excitedly. :lol: Because clearly he cares very deeply about how well my Sims 2 stories are rated, right?
    I really wish The Sims 2 forums were still up because I'd get a HUGE kick out of seeing what strange abominations adventurous child me decided to upload over there. :lol: A goldmine of my awkward childhood just gone. It's kind of sad, really. :lol:
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I only started playing the Sims 3 in 2014, so only one, "adult". :p
    If you count SimCity and Simcity 3000, then I can add child and teen, I guess.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Child and teen. Actively started playing sims3 when I was 9 and now I'm almost 16.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Idk how long i play... I started with sims 1 when I was like 5 and now I'm 19, so young adult? I guess child to YA which is 3.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Not many for me, just T-YA :)
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The Sims saw me through YA, now into adulthood for me. My daughter has played it from Toddler through Child and now Teen.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I was a young adult - going on adult - when I tried Sims 1 and an adult when I fell in love with Sims 3. Still in that life stage :smile:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2017
    Tops kid to teen, if that. I only played the sims once as a kid, when I was like 10 or something. I made Barney Stinson from HIMYM and some ginger chick I made up called Aurora. I wanted them to be soulmates but they ended up despising each other.. Aurora got angry at every friendly or romantic action Barney tried. I decided I didn't like sims after that...Or so I thought. It was either on the sims 3 or the sims 2, all I remember is the group photo with a brick wall behind them and I *think* it could be sims 2 bc I think the features I gave Barney could be sims 2-y though I don't know...

And obviously I wasn't playing consecutively or whatever so really only teen to teen.. Since I started playing properly on my birthday last year, I went round to my sisters house just to play ts4 bc she had it and I didn't and I spent 45 minutes trying to replicate Dean Winchester and Castiel and I was just getting onto their outfits when my sister told me if I didn't start playing with them now, it would be time to leave before I'd even started playing. I remember she filmed my legitimately, unforced, very eccentric reaction to getting Cas to propose to Dean though - I didn't know she was filming but she knew *something* good must have happened from the look on my face. It got awkward though because I kept talking to my sims and she was just there sitting in the corner observing... I was v. sad when I learned I couldn't transfer them to my own game she later bought for me (I didn't know about the gallery.. But I do now so...)

Edit: I realize now this is a ts3 thread so yeah no the first time I played sims could have been ts3 I have nooo idea but Ik that I started playing ts3 like a few months ago so obviously I've not been through any life stages since then but... Yeah. I think I started playing ts3 seriously in like November?? Or late October?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Started as a child. Now I'm considered an "adult" . Never left The Sims :)
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    I started at Child but I hadn't long aged up :lol:

My brother is 10 years older than me and he borrowed The Sims 1 from a friend, I used to watch him play it and then me and my best friend used to play it after school, we would have been around 7 years old I believe. I have a lovely memory of playing The Sims - My sister's best friend Oli was the one to teach me the money cheat (the !;!;!;!;!;!;! One) and he taught me the trick of ctrl-c and ctrl-v it for crazy amount of money. Oli passed away a few years later when he was only 19 years old, so anytime I think of the 1st Sims, I think of him which is nice :smile:

My cousin and another friend both had Sims 2, I used to play it whenever I went round theirs and I loved it. I begged my parents to buy it for me and they did. I've been hooked since.

Sims 2 and Sims 3 were my Teen years.

And now I'm playing Sims 3 and Sims 4 as a Young Adult.

So yeah, so far - 3 life stages with hopefully many more to come :tongue:

My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • kodachrome35kodachrome35 Posts: 25 Member
    Child to Young Adult/Adult? Depends on which game yo'ure playing :wink: By TS2 standards, adult, but TS3/TS4, I'd say Young Adult encompasses my age, 25.

I started playing 17 years ago with the TS1 at age 9. I wanted SimCity, but Staples didn't have it, and The Sims, SimCity, big difference, right? I was hooked from the moment I realized I could lock them in a room and make them wet themselves hahha
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    I was an Elder when I started playing and am almost a Child now.

igazor, you're suffering from that delusion where you are aging backwards again.

Oh, right. Well, not counting SimCity 3K and earlier, then Adult to (older) Adult. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2017
    I was in late adulthood when my husband left the TS1 disc on my desk for my return to America after visiting my family in Australia. He had bought the game for himself and hated it but figured I might like it. I did and the rest is history. I was still in my late adulthood for TS2 because I was late to the party for TS1 but creeping towards elder for TS3. I am now in the elder life stage.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    YA to Adult. I started at 21 and now I'm due for a midlife crisis.
  • koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2017
    I started with the original The Sims as a child! I remember Livin' Large and having to type in the serial numbers one by one when installing... oh man.

I played Sims 2 as well. I'm from Australia and when I visited the US when I was 12, I got Sims Making Magic as a gift. And that, to date, is still one of my most favourite EPs. I played Sims 1 and 2 on and off throughout my teen years but kinda stopped once I hit my YA years.

I got into Sims 3 super late. I saw Sims 3 on sale on Steam and figured why not :) so my late YA years are filled with TS3 shenanigans.

Now... I guess I'm kinda an adult haha. I just bought Sims 4 earlier in March and have a younger kid sister who plays it with me :D

Post edited by koalasims on
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I started as child, I 'aged up' that year into a 'young teenager' and become a YA in 2007.

This year I age up again, into an adult :no_mouth:

Luckily I managed to avoid the baby and toddler stage unless my player chose to 'age me up' straight away! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    edited March 2017
    Some great posts guys. :)
    Wow, you guys really got me thinking. I remember playing like Sim Earth/Ant as a kid. Sim Tower too. I remember... in high school, how many floppy disks Simcity took, something like 25 3.5 inch floppy disks. Hard to compare 1.5mb disks to installing like 20-30gb games straight from Origin/steam right?

I guess, if we are including those games I've been playing for 3 life stages of my life also. I doubt I'll quit simming before I become an elder either. :p
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    @SimKeats 25 floppy disks? Thats crazy to think :lol: - I've only ever played one game on a floppy disk and that was Thomas The Tank Engine, haha, I must have been about 5 years old, the computer was in storage so when I wanted to play it my dad would have to go into a little side passage in the attic, carry it down, set it all up - probably for me to only play it for a half an hour before getting distracted cause you know - 5 year old! :lol:

Ahh, its like I've hit Elder Stage now and am reminiscing....i'll start "boasting about grandchildren" next :wink:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Young adult, started last year. :smile:
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    YA started sims 1, now Adult.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Well my granddaughter gave me the sims 1 when it first came out as a gift. I am now a great grandmother, Young at heart
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Child (though really close to teen) to YA.
  • Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    Child through young adult. :P