Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Owning multiple homes

Can we bring this back please? I have a few wealthy families that live in San Myshuno, and I'd love for them to have an additional home where they can have more space and a yard for the kids and outdoor activities.

I'd also like this feature because it keeps my households from having to move and lose their current home in the process. It also saves me from making and downloading too many hoiseholds just to fill the lots, and I don't like townies living in my builds either.

Comments

• RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Id also like this, especially if we could buy a holiday home and sub let it out if we wanted or buy houses dif locations and keep for ourselves or sub let OR have a profession were we can have a certain amount of houses and rest them out to diff sims wanting to move to the neighbourhood.

It would be nice to have more than one and have the option to 'leave furnished' when moving between the homes
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Would love this. In Sims 3 I would always purchase a separate lot, build up my sims new house, and then sell the first owned lot. It would take forever (kind of like IRL where it takes months), but that was part of the fun and the immersion for me. I would have my sims jog by and look around at the progress of their future home.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I want this so much, I have been asking forever for this! Missed being able to have more than one home!
    giphy_1.gif
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruLyndsay dont know which one to tag so I will tag all of you lol.
    giphy_1.gif
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Id also like this, especially if we could buy a holiday home and sub let it out if we wanted or buy houses dif locations and keep for ourselves or sub let OR have a profession were we can have a certain amount of houses and rest them out to diff sims wanting to move to the neighbourhood.

It would be nice to have more than one and have the option to 'leave furnished' when moving between the homes

I have always wanted to have real landlords in my game, and have them rent properties to other real sims in the neighborhood.

To OP, as a workaround, you could perhaps zone the additional house as a retail business, then just never open it to customers.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    the ability to own multiple homes would be awesome! :)
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    As a workaround to this, I convert lots to generic that way no guests show up other than my wealthy family. It would be nice if they could officially own the second home though.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    as the person above said, you can do generic lots, it works fine. another option is if you have DO or GTW, you can buy a business and use it as a second home, customers don't come unless you open it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I wouldn't mind having this option. If they could also slip in having the ability to run a home business...I'd definitely love that.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Just pretend that they do. Move them in and out.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks to everyone who suggested buying a retail or generic lot. I understand how a retail lot would work but not sure how a generic lot would work? I'll give it a try later today though.
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Just pretend that they do. Move them in and out.

No.
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    Yes! We need to start a petition so this gets seen! Lol! It could be patched in! I loved this in the sims 3!!!! I always loved to have my sims kid move out and have some kids but still play both families at once. Also for when I wanted a city house and then a house in the hills.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Can we bring this back please? I have a few wealthy families that live in San Myshuno, and I'd love for them to have an additional home where they can have more space and a yard for the kids and outdoor activities.

I'd also like this feature because it keeps my households from having to move and lose their current home in the process. It also saves me from making and downloading too many hoiseholds just to fill the lots, and I don't like townies living in my builds either.

You could simply move them back and forth with one other Sim to stay in the other home. I have done this several times. As long as someone stays in other home everything stays the same. But I understand the request.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    taydev wrote: »

It is not that hard to do. Let your sim buy a lot with a store, and then turn the store into whatever you want. I have done that in between.
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I would really like this as well!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited May 2017
    I wish sims could have 2nd homes and bequeath it to one of their kids when they die.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Everyone complaines about how we need more space, more worlds and more lots, but now you want one family to own more than one lot?
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Everyone complaines about how we need more space, more worlds and more lots, but now you want one family to own more than one lot?
    Not everyone and these people didn't complain. Your the one complaining here for.... what? nothing!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Not everyone and these people didn't complain. Your the one complaining here for.... what? nothing!

Thank you for pointing this out, but my opinion still stands.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well you putted it as a fact, not an opinion tbh. I didn't see any "I" 's or "think" 's in your comment.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think it's perfectly possible to want both? More space and the ability to own more lots? One wish doesn't exclude the other.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I think it's perfectly possible to want both? More space and the ability to own more lots? One wish doesn't exclude the other.

So true.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    You can build a second, vacation house in GF. You may have to "rent" it every time you go, but it still could be similar to owning a second house. When you go to GF, no one will be "renting" it instead of you and when you're not there, no one will be "renting" it because no one goes there until you do. Instead of paying for the house up front like other house lots, the rent could be considered making a house payment if you use your imagination.
  • littlebopeeplittlebopeep Posts: 28 New Member
    > @Uzone27 said:
    > I wouldn't mind having this option. If they could also slip in having the ability to run a home business...I'd definitely love that.

I want home businesses back so bad!
  • ashleeloveslloydashleeloveslloyd Posts: 50 Member
    I love the idea of holiday homes; I'm also hoping for more holiday destinations too!