Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Started making my first World this week...

Comments

• Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    Is there anyway to add lots without going into EIG mode? And I don't mean empty lots, I mean built out lots. I'd like to add the large park from Sunset Valley but I guess I have to go into SV in game and save them to the bin first.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I do it by exporting my world without any lots and just starting a save file with the lots being placed in a save.That's the only other way besides using EIG which can glitch out the world.It's how I'll do it in my current project and I can also upload the lots in a file to a file sharing site with the world in a bundle.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    !jillbg wrote: »
    @Rflong7 Thanks for your impressive knowledge about CAW and sharing with us "lesser mortals"! Love your worlds, BTW! :)

Oh, goodness. I don't mean to come off as a know it all, Everyone. I just really like to help with CAW. It is the best part of TS3 for me. Sorry if I sounded rude. I've seen a lot of disappointments in DT and how they fit a certain way... :(

Don't get me wrong @Rflong7 I meant it - I'm in total awe when it comes to your creativity and knowledge, and I'm so glad that someone as qualified as you hand out your advise so generously! :) Really, it wasn't at all meant to sound ironic or something... :s

NymlADp.jpg
    Spent about 5 hours working on this today! Is there any quick way to test in game without re-installing the Sims3Pack each time and starting a new save file?
    Here's a beach area I've been working on. It's actually 3 lots that I tried to make look like 1 when zoomed out (sort of).

One of the lots
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

And just to show how random this game is:

screenshot_original.jpg

Yes, 4 wild horses were at the beach lot after dark....
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm a fan of what you're creating for that world!
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of what you're creating for that world!

Thanks!

Is there some way to paint non-routing paint on a lot? Or to edit the routing data on a lot? I went to all the trouble to make those steps and they don't use them! Also, two of the stairs they complain they can't use. Maybe there needs to be another flat tile at the top and bottom.

I'm still not super happy with the distant terrain. Maybe I'll just turn it into an island...
    edited March 2017
    I hope someone can help you with your questions soon (I haven't got a clue where CAW is concerned ;)). Turning the world into an island when you're not happy with the background is a great idea, but are you referring to this?

screenshot_original.jpg

Because that looks totally good to me.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Yes, can't you see where the world ends and the "distant terrain" begins? On the right 1/3 of the picture there where that water is and runs up against that mountain. I just don't like the way that mountain looks (with the blue water running in the middle).

I do like it at the top right of the picture.

I guess I shouldn't have started to build stuff towards the edge of the map, haha!
    But I like the way the stairs look!!!! Haha!

Maybe I will delete the DT on the one side. I didn't want it to be an island since it's supposed to be a city, but it looks weird. I do have the one DT lowered so that it would match up with the water but yes, you can still see the map edge and that bothers me.

I shouldn't have settled on have a river through the world before I knew about the DT. You live, you learn!
    Okay so I changed the edges a bit to match the DT:

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Trying to create something interesting with this retaining wall and a highway to cover up the edges:

screenshot_original.jpg

Here's a shot from the top of the mountain on the other side of the world:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Now I turned it into a retaining wall...looks much better now IMO!

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That looks great so far.I'm still placing roads in my own world in CAW and should be ready to move on to world objects very soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    I'm kinda going back and forth. I find it hard to place roads before I know what I want to be where... and then it's hard to decide what size lot everything should be, etc.
    Finished about 3/4 of the streets layout. I wanted it to have a mixture of a "city" feel of a grid of streets, and then transition into a less-dense part of a city. Hopefully, that's what it looks like.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    This looks really cool! I've also thought about creating my own world, is it hard to learn how to do?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I really like what have you done so far. Its looking really good!
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    It looks great so far ! Just don't let it consume you . When it does . You go beyond the twilight zone and into the 6th simension. Good luck ;)
    Happy Simming!♥
    Looks good!
    5JZ57S6.png
    Looks good!

Thanks! What do you think of the DT blending? Better than before?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mrknowitall526 It seems like you are making good progress with the world. I see that you have three beach lots That is similar to the things I do where I try to make one area larger than it is, thus have three lots acting as one lot almost :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Looks good!

Thanks! What do you think of the DT blending? Better than before?
    To be honest I'm not sure if the jagged mountains look really natural in the landscape, but I think it's hard to tell with a bird’s-eye view like here. When you weren't satisfied it was also only noticeable looking down. Like @Rflong7 showed, it looks different/better from a ground view:

Screenshot-26_zpsqoqf6gqd.jpg

Screenshot-29_zps5rkkys5s.jpg

I love jagged mountains though, curious what that looks like from the ground. And I also like that wall.
    5JZ57S6.png
    This looks really cool! I've also thought about creating my own world, is it hard to learn how to do?

I thought it would be harder than it is. Once you know how to use all the tools. It's pretty time consuming though, especially with all the landscaping!