Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SingStar Cycle 2: EVERYTHING POSTED! IT'S OVER!

1515253545557...Next

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Posts: 1,468 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I'm working on it right now. I'm so so sorry that you guys turned in and thought I abandoned. I thought it got abandoned without final entries and RL took over so I just stopped simming altogether. I'm glad it will finally have a conclusion though :)
  • What_RedWhat_Red Posts: 1,065 New Member
    edited September 2013
    WAIT WHAT IS THIS HAPPENING OMG

scary_popcorn.gif
    edited September 2013
    Finale

Theme:

Omg. This thing is ending. I apologize that it's taken this long. I have quickly become like, the worst host in the history of Sims modeling >.< Anyways, in Singstar fashion, the three of you finalists will all receive the same lyrics from the same song. Whoever comes up with the best interpretation and photo to represent those lyrics, is the champion and victor of Singstar Cycle Two. They shall receive fame, fortune, and never ending glory. Or at least a pose-pack, some songs and a cool siggy. You know...whichever.

Your song is: Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation

"A little less conversation, a little more action please
    All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more bite and a little less bark
    A little less fight and a little more spark"

Entries

JewittAlex - Girl All the Bad Guys Want
    Screenshot-10_zps96c1534d.jpg

What_Red - Almost
    8944612901_d8cfa2973a_z.jpg

Cinderpelt - 1985
    9250243667_9a5695263f_b.jpg

Scores

We're not even gonna talk about how long it's been. Me thinking you abandoned, you thinking I did, really bad timing...yeah. BUT IT IS ACTUALLY HERE! THE END! THE FINALE! A WINNER IS BORN TONIGHT!

Because of the time its taken to finish this, I'm not going to make you wait even longer for the original prizes that were promised on the front page. Instead, since you were all troopers and stuck it out together, you'll all get the same prize package - the only difference being your signature banners. I know it's not 100% fair to the actual winner, but it's been months - I feel you all deserve the prizes.

Now onto the really fun part. The winner!

-

-

-

- After all this time the anticipation must be deadly.

-

-

-

-

And the winner is........

MIDGE!

8944612901_d8cfa2973a_z.png
    Lidi's thoughts:
    Model: 4
    Set: 4
    Quality: 5
    Lyrics: 5
    Storytelling: 7
    Total: 25
    While it wasn't the most creative approach, it got the job done. Basic bedroom set. I like Midge's styling, but i don't like how much of him is covered up. The song is about getting all hot and heavy for someone and Midge is doing that here. The alternative dress makes me think you may have played off the word "bite", but I can't really 100% tell so I couldn't give you more storytelling points. Either way though it's a very nice picture and you've done an amazing job through the whole competition and it's a well deserved win. Great job Red :)

firstwinnerbanner.png

SECOND PLACE

Screenshot-10_zps96c1534d.png
    Lidi's thoughts:
    Model: 5
    Set: 2
    Quality: 3
    Storytelling: 9
    Total: 24
    Things I love: Her styling, her pose, the concept you went with. Things I do not love: the quality of the picture, the set, or the other girl's styling. Out of all 3 pictures, I loved your interpretation of the lyrics most of all. But the glitchy glove through the girls waist, all the blurriness of Rosa's face, and the completely blank walls where you can even see the bit where it connects to the ceiling brought it just barely out of winner status. But the creativity here is marvelous and you have shown exceptional work all throughout this competition. Awesome job Alex :)

2ndwinnerbanner.png

THIRD PLACE

9250243667_9a5695263f_b-1.png
    Lidi's thoughts:
    Model: 4
    Set: 5
    Quality: 5
    Storytelling: 4
    Total: 23
    This picture, like just about all your others, is stunning. You have amazing quality, always decorate your sets and sims amazingly, edit like a pro - seriously your pictures are gorgeous. What killed it was the storytelling. I appreciate that you tried to go in a different direction, but as always with this comp, nothing that's written can be taken into account for the score and if I just looked at your picture with the lyrics and no explanation, I honestly would never have understood the relation. It was just a little too far fetched to have been able to make the connection without your help and ultimately that was the only thing that drug this, otherwise fantastic, photo down. But I have to be fair and can't start scoring differently now that it's the finale so unfortunately it puts you in third. However you still did a fantastic job, all through the competition and an amazing simmer Cinder. Well done :)

3rdwinnerbanner.png

It was so close, but that's not surprising since all of you are such awesome competitors. Everyone in this finale will receive their starfish button, Barnacle Bay and Lunar Lakes! Hope this maybe sorta makes up for being such a fail hat host and hopefully we can all still be friends. :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone who participated this cycle!!
  • What_RedWhat_Red Posts: 1,065 New Member
    edited September 2013
    OH MA GLOB.

It's 1 am, I woke up and decided to check my phone on a whim and found this XD

Thank you soooo much Lidi. So much <3 You were an amazing host, and this was the best competition I've ever been in! Well...it's the only but it was so amazing. I learned a lot ^.^

And congrats Alex and Cinder. Your pics were so awesome ^.^ I'm so glad we all stuck this out together! Party hats for everyone!!!

*happy dance*

...now I'm never gonna get back to sleep :lol;
    edited September 2013
    Aww I'm very happy for you Red. You had some amazing photos this competition and really had some creative ideas. I'm glad you stuck it out and your work paid off in the end.

Btw note to finalists: let me know if any of your prizes don't work. I think I did it right but I want to make sure you guys get what you deserve :)
  • JABWARRIOR1JABWARRIOR1 Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sorry to butt in but I loved this cycle and lurked throughout the whole thing, it was amazing an I was wondering if their was going to be a cycle 3 ? :D
    edited September 2013
    There will be, but not for awhile. Dance season just started up again, so I'll have to wait until it settles a bit so I have time to just focus on this and get it done in a timely manner. I'll have the most time around the Thanksgiving/Christmas time holiday season so when cycle 3 goes off, it'll most likely be around then. :)
  • jewittalexjewittalex Posts: 2,789 New Member
    edited September 2013
    thank you for finally finishing the competition :)

Thank you for second, I know the quality is bad but thats down to the computer that I use so can't really help that :) also, the top bitof the wall was actually the the wall paint i used :)

congrats red and well done cinderpelt.
    edited September 2013
    Oh! It looked like the corner where it touched the ceiling since you couldn't see that much of it :oops:

Either way though you did a fantastic job. I'm glad we were finally able to finish up and bring some closure to this thing! lol
  • jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    edited October 2013
    Congrats to all the winners! I'm late, I know. Sorry lol. But congrats though, Midge :)
  • fakefake Posts: 613 Member