Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost my favourite pen :(

This is going to sound so stupid, but I'm a bit upset because I lost my favourite pen. I use it practically all the time when writing; I have no idea what's happened to it. I usually attach it to whatever notebook I'm writing on. It's one of those pens with the posh nib and blue ink where you often have to change the cartridge. I really like this pen, I got it last year. A few days ago I took it to university in my rucksack attached to my book. I did some writing in my university's library before a lecture. I can't remember if I reattached the pen to my book. I'm a bit worried I've left it at university or dropped it (but I don't see how because all my stuff is usually securely in my bag with no danger of falling out), and someone might have found it and taken it, or accidentally stood on it and broken it. It's such a stupid thing to worry about and I can always buy a replacement but it's like having a reliable friend when you use a particular pen and I feel a bit anxious and lost without it. I haven't taken my book out since that day so I don't know if I lost it then or today when I went to university (but I didn't take it out then). The only places I can think where it is, is the place where I wrote in my book in the library, the lecture room, and the cafeteria (I'm wondering if I knocked the pen off by taking out my lunch or my other notebook), and also my car. I know this is a stupid post but could you think of any other places it might be? I would really like to get my pen back. I'm going to university again tomorrow so I'll look in the places I mentioned and maybe ask some of the staff if they found anything. This pen was special to me. It wasn't particularly expensive but I like it a lot.
If I find it, I'll probably find it in a stupid place and laugh about all this later, but now I'm distracted. I've checked my rucksack and emptied it and checked the pockets, same for my handbag, and my notebooks. I'll keep looking and update this.

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Check your university's lost and found, if there is any.

And it's not d umb to be sad about that. I know. My aunt gave me a Parker pen as a gift in 2007, and I used it throughout most of high school and all of college. I lost it while I was at the town hall shortly after graduating, after having owned it for 7 years. It meant a lot to me. :( And I'm sure your pen means a lot to you too.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I asked the library and reception but no luck, though they'll email me if they find anything. I looked in all the places I could think of but no luck either. I won't give up yet.
  • PinkPony198PinkPony198 Posts: 26 New Member
    My siblings broke my favorite pencil like 3 months ago and I'm still pretty mad at them about it
    I asked the library and reception but no luck, though they'll email me if they find anything. I looked in all the places I could think of but no luck either. I won't give up yet.

Yeah, good luck. :) Does it have your name on it? Like maybe it was engraved?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Yeah, good luck. :) Does it have your name on it? Like maybe it was engraved?

No name, I'm afraid. Wish I had psychic powers so I could find out where it is, it's so annoying! I've asked around and some staff are going to keep an eye out for me. I hope no-one's found it and kept it for themselves. Thanks anyway. I'm sure it will show up when I least expect it. I'd hate to think it's out there, lost forever.
    Yeah. Sometimes people keep pens for themselves without thinking about it too much. Hopefully nobody hasn't and you'll find it. :)