Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop Giving My Sims Random Love Interests!!

13...Next

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    I hate it soo much! It is so so annoying. I rotate too.

Then use MC Command Center

There is no MCCC fix for relationship creation. And the other mod that's in testing stops the high relationship levels in the relationship creation system for all Sims, not just played Sims. Most people who have posted that this feature to go away wants they want this feature to go away want* hands off our played Sims for it. Same as was done for career-SP when that was introduced. Maxis did it before for us rotational players; they can do it again.

*Fixed. Do not type with headache.

When I set MC Command Center (pregnancy module) to no affect played households, I have no new romantic interest
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    I hate it soo much! It is so so annoying. I rotate too.

Then use MC Command Center

There is no MCCC fix for relationship creation. And the other mod that's in testing stops the high relationship levels in the relationship creation system for all Sims, not just played Sims. Most people who have posted that this feature to go away wants they want this feature to go away want* hands off our played Sims for it. Same as was done for career-SP when that was introduced. Maxis did it before for us rotational players; they can do it again.

*Fixed. Do not type with headache.

When I set MC Command Center (pregnancy module) to no affect played households, I have no new romantic interest

Are you playing in rotation? Do your Sims in rotation develop new friendships or dislikes or lovebird statuses? It's a 45% full bar that the game creates, not boyfriend/girlfriend or marital status.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    There was a mod in testing for stopping this on tumblr, but idk if it's been updated.

Either way, some players prefer to play without mods, so I don't think having to resort to a mod should be the only fix. I'm still not sure if it's supposed to happen or if it's a bug, but given how many topics there have been about it since release its definitely a problem. At this point I'm doubtful it'll ever be fixed though.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited April 2016
    My biggest beef with the random lovebirds is that it only seems to happen to my married sims. I have never seen it happen between two single sims. If it was the other way around, more frequently with single sims than married ones, I might consider it a SP feature. The way it is, it just never makes sense. And the random lover is never anyone the sim knows or works with or lives nearby or anything. It's just TOO random. So that's what makes me think it's a bug that needs to be fixed and not a feature. (And I have also had the game assign a male lover to a lesbian sim, 🐸🐸🐸🐸?)

But the same goes for random friendships and enemies, to be honest. I hate them because they never make any sense. Like how did my good, cheerful, family-oriented stay at home mom sim make enemies with someone who lives in another town??? Why is a good, cheerful, family-oriented sim out on the town making enemies at all? If she does ever make enemies or have an affair, I want to be the one to make that happen because it suits my story. I want my played sims LEFT ALONE when I'm not playing them.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Maybe if these Sims had some back-bone to them, this wouldn't be happening >:)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited April 2016
    This is an issue that has been driving me up the wall! I wish my married Sims would stop flirting with those single Sims. Better keep an eye on those flirty Sims.

Thank god I have MC Command Center. That way, when I switch households and I see unexpected love interests, I can have them forget that they were romantically involved.

Yep this is how I handle it to. I like SP and I LOVE the forget Sim interaction. Easy to use too. Just click on their picture and forget sim..bye bye weird new love interest.

Edited to add: I just starting playing rotational because I have so many challenges I want to do so I put 4 households in one save and then I can just rotate. I have had the most fun playing this way than I have in forever. I used to always play one household but now this is great and I use SP too so sometimes I get some surprises which I like. I like having some risk. Also I have risky whoo hoo which is fun. I love this mod because you really can play your way. :)

Another Edit: After seeing some other comments, I agree this needs to be fixed by EA but meanwhile I would rather use a mod versus being aggravated all the time. And there is no guarantee it will get fixed which is a shame. I hope they do something about it because yes I can use forget Sim but the point is: I shouldn't have to. I don't know if they put this in so that there is some SP for mods to work with or what? I wish they would explain why this is in the game and if they intend to fix it.
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    agreed. File size can't be so precious that it's worth destroying existing relationships and replacing them with random ones. as a rotation player, this is one of those dumbing-down features of TS4 that has my finger hovering over the "place order" button for the TS2 complete collection.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Never mind.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    this has never happened to me at all..i guess im lucky
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    But the same goes for random friendships and enemies, to be honest. I hate them because they never make any sense. Like how did my good, cheerful, family-oriented stay at home mom sim make enemies with someone who lives in another town??? Why is a good, cheerful, family-oriented sim out on the town making enemies at all? If she does ever make enemies or have an affair, I want to be the one to make that happen because it suits my story. I want my played sims LEFT ALONE when I'm not playing them.
    Well, your good cheerful, family-oriented stay at home mom sim is exactly the same as any other sim. Traits seem to make no difference in this game to how sims behave. And now, it seems, marriage means nothing in the game either. I know there are many divorces irl, but the amount of extra-marital interests in this game is ridiculous.

We rule? I don't think so.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member

pixiejuice wrote: »
    Well, your good cheerful, family-oriented stay at home mom sim is exactly the same as any other sim. Traits seem to make no difference in this game to how sims behave. And now, it seems, marriage means nothing in the game either. I know there are many divorces irl, but the amount of extra-marital interests in this game is ridiculous.

We rule? I don't think so.

I do agree that traits don't play any role in enemy and friend making. I saw that a snob and goofball Sim are friends, despite that those traits conflict.

It's basically the Sims can sometimes misbehave on their own without our control. Another thing that annoys me is that inactive Sims sometimes get disgruntled after being greeted by other inactive Sims or they do a forced hello, knowing that they don't like those Sims. That gave me a sign that those Sims are heading the right way of becoming enemies.

Typical conversation
    One Sim: Sul sul!
    Another Sim: bah!! (More like, ewww, go away)

Better
    One Sim: Sul sul!!
    Another Sim: Sul!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • imabeliever8000imabeliever8000 Posts: 36 Member
    I realize I'm digging up an old thread, but does anyone know if any mod or fix has come out that inhibits this unwanted "feature"? I'm exasperated by the number of random affairs occurring. In The Sims 2, at least ACR had a rhyme and reason to the relationships it created. In TS4, I really don't know why my married mother of the three is lovebird status with the guy who sleeps on the bench in the park!
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I thought this was fixed. At least I haven't seen it in my game recently and I do play rotationally.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited March 2017
    I use a mod by egureh at Mod the Sims:
    No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions (UPDATE: 2017-01-26)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537857

I also use a mod called "You Can’t Hurry Love" - No more random friendships or romances mod. It's at
    http://down-in-simsland.tumblr.com/
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    edited March 2017
    MCCC also stops this from happening I play rationally and have had it almost scene Deaderpool brought it out, in Other Marriage options you can opt out of the romance system maxis seems to love. He is also really quick on updates after patches. he also has basic SP so your unplayed sims dont die off without issue, keeping neighborhoods active (sorry I hate it when people call them worlds, sims 4 is one World with different neighborhoods). The mod has never broken my game.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I thought this was fixed. At least I haven't seen it in my game recently and I do play rotationally.

For me it seems to be fixed with regards to romantic interactions between inactive married sims. But inactive sims still walk up to my active sim and use an enchanting introduction while my active sim is in a conversation with their spouse. So is it better? Yes. A lot better actually. Fixed? No.

The random high relationships still happen all the time. And since relationships get culled all the time, they have unlimited opportunities for new normal/mean/romantic introductions.

And MCCC doesn't completely stop any of this for me, but it does make it possible to easily delete unwanted relationships, which I do for my active sims daily.

Having relationships culled, that I have worked actively on, just so the game can force more unwanted relationships on me, is .... not fun. And my biggest issue is having to get to know my coworkers again every day (I rotate daily), which wouldn't be as bad if it didn't play a part for the work performance.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    i don't like that either!! i put them in relationships and then when i don't play them for a while, they are in a new relationship, while with their significant other or just with a completely new person all together. i like having all control over the sims in that aspect.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I wish they would fix it .l all ways play with Sims that that do not cheat on each other .and there was a time or two I had to delete them for it