Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏑 Cath's Creations 🏑

Comments

• lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    It looks properly creepy - I would definitely move some of my more mischevious vampires there! I love the way you dealt with the octogonal roof, it is such a struggle in all Victorian and Gothic builds... (I just wish we had one as a preset, eh).
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    It is always a huge pleasure to look at your work and Bats in the Belfry is no exception, what a magnificent build, truly beautiful inside and out. Absolutely love the basement design and decor :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, Bats in the Belfry (LOVE that name by the way! B) ) is amazing! The house is simply gorgeous, beautiful architecture. And the interiors are both creepy and wonderful, creating the perfect atmosphere for vamps or gothic minded sims. Perfect build!
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Wow! Been away awhile and it's awesome to come back and see your builds. In regards to your latest, you nailed the creepy atmosphere and your landscaping outside gives me the chills. : :s:)
    5sXtTqH.png
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2017
    @WrathofCath I LOVE all your builds! Their silhouettes are so beautiful! <3
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Bats In The Belfry is a gorgeously FANGtastic build! :smiley:
    I really love your architecture, very complex! You really put a lot of effort in this build! I love your take on second empire architecture. The cracks really give an old and spooky feel. And your roofing is so creative too! I particularly love the octagonal one and even the bats above the roof are a great touch! Your landscaping is always so very beautiful! Very beautiful gardens, I adore the graveyard and the foggy lakes. The covered seating area is one of my favorite part in your landscaping. And your interior, so gorgeous! The cracks and cobwebs really give an old and spooky touch. Each of the rooms are wonderfully furnished and decorated too! I also love the coffin area. And the use of Spooky Stuff items really gives an even more spooky feel.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Bats in the Belfry looks absolutely awesome! Great architecture! Love the roof work! The interiors is very suitable for a vampire! Great details! Will be adding to my favourites. <3
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Bats in the belfry *swoons over the name* is a Victorian gothic piece of art inside and out! Everything about it is perfection! You should be so proud of it! I would be if it was mine for sure! Great job as always! I love it! <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    My apologies for the late reply. We went away for a couple of weeks right after I put that last build in and I've been trying to get back on track, since we got home.
    Cassee wrote: Β»
    OOOOO I've already Fav'd and played in this one Ms C. Beautifully creepy....spiders and all....great gardens...how do you get the foggy look??

Hope you are feeling better and PLEASE enjoy a VERY TALL DRINK for me....Happy Anniversaryβ™₯β™₯β™₯

Thank you so much @Cassee! I am feeling better and truth be told, I actually had more than one, of those VERY TALL DRINKS, hehe! :D

As for the fog, it's just those bubble maker thingies from the pool section. There's one supposedly doesn't make bubbles, just steam but I still see a few bubbles, here and there. Anyway, easy peasy! :blush:

@rosemow, Thank you so very much, Rose! You are the best! :)<3
    lyssan wrote: Β»
    It looks properly creepy - I would definitely move some of my more mischevious vampires there! I love the way you dealt with the octogonal roof, it is such a struggle in all Victorian and Gothic builds... (I just wish we had one as a preset, eh).

Thank you so much @lyssan! I totally agree with the preset roofs. I'm looking forward to when we hopefully get them. :smile:

Thank you for all your wonderfully kind comments, @masajo! They are always very appreciated. :smile:

Thank you for your more than generous comments, @Corwim! They truly mean a lot to me. :smile:

@Ash072, Ash! It's great to see you back! Thank you so much for your awesome comments, my friend. :smile:

@undressyourbones, Thank you so very much for your lovely comments! :smile:

@RyeCris16, Thank you for your awesome comments, Rye! I got a kick out your word, "FANGtastic", hehe! :D

@yanti68, Thank you for the very sweet comments, Yanti! It's always a pleasure to see you, my friend. :smile:
    Bats in the belfry *swoons over the name* is a Victorian gothic piece of art inside and out! Everything about it is perfection! You should be so proud of it! I would be if it was mine for sure! Great job as always! I love it! <3

Lol, Lisa! You made me laugh with your *swoons* comment! :p Thank you for your very kind comments! Very much appreciated. :smile:
    Life In The City
    6br. 6ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $303,779
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home is a two unit apartment, kind of with a Brownstone in mind. Each unit has an open concept main floor including kitchen, dining and living areas. The upper level of each unit has three bedrooms and three baths. There is a small outdoor space for each apartment also.

03-14-17_13639nbspPM_zpsyupm9kbj.png

03-14-17_13652nbspPM_zpslobcsjw1.png

03-14-17_13713nbspPM_zpsji03taaq.png

Roof views and floor plans:

03-14-17_13834nbspPM_zpsq8qs0sx7.png

03-14-17_13859nbspPM_zpsyjnffxem.png

03-14-17_13919nbspPM_zps8mjvbr9j.png

Some exterior pics:

03-14-17_14452nbspPM_zpsoklpgcm1.png

03-14-17_14406nbspPM_zpstgpv1ueq.png

The unit to the left. It's designed with a contemporary style:

03-14-17_14619nbspPM_zpsae18jerh.png

03-14-17_15017nbspPM_zpshszr6ish.png

03-14-17_14906nbspPM_zpsm7lgle85.png

03-14-17_14712nbspPM_zpsiibzjfep.png

03-14-17_14814nbspPM_zpskaojriga.png

03-14-17_14835nbspPM_zpsklfm2xes.png

The unit to the right. This one is more of a traditional style:

03-14-17_15104nbspPM_zpsfg9pn0no.png

03-14-17_15126nbspPM_zps5mta4cz8.png

03-14-17_15204nbspPM_zpsqdxfhlpl.png

03-14-17_15225nbspPM_zpso6cisz20.png

03-14-17_15246nbspPM_zpsv8hvsmbd.png

03-14-17_15301nbspPM_zpskgttckbk.png

03-14-17_15400nbspPM_zpsbzpbnley.png

And that's about it. Thank you for taking a look. :blush:

Good Night!

03-14-17_20557nbspPM_zps7lo1o4t3.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    This is perfect for elegant city living! It's looks particularly nice in Windenburg. :smiley:
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Oh Cath a clever duplex dear! Isn't it lots of fun building duplex's? I think it's my most favourite, but it could be the copy and paste feature also! LOL
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    A stunning appearance to Life in the City, fantastic choice of exterior textures and the landscaping is spot on. Love how the interiors mirror each other but with two different styles, very beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you so much @StSciurus! :) I still wish we could actually make them into separate living spaces for two families, like we could in S3...

Thank you @BreeMiles! :) They really are a lot of fun to make and I definitely think the "copy" tool helps. :p Love that we got that!

Thank you so much @masajo! I've actually had this one, unfinished in my library for a long time... I wasn't sure if I wanted to upload it or not. :blush:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Life in the Ciry is a very nice build! :) Very nice exterior of the build! The texture of the exterior walls gives a great look and feel to the build! The flower box windows look pretty! It is great that it is a two unit home! The furnishing of each of the units looks so very nice! It looks great the way each has a different style, and at the same time complements each other very well. The mirror images of the units looks so very nice! Very nice open plan diiningm living and kitchen areas! The large square dining table in the units looks so nice! The chairs look nice placed on each of the sides of the tables. Very nice windows study desk alcoves for sims to enjoy using the computers with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The flowers are pretty touches on the desks . The island sink, workbench and bar stool counters look great in the kitchen areas! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms to suit the styles of the units! They look so very nice! The two sets of steps at the front entrance area looks nice. Very nice gardening and outdoors dining nooks! Sims will enjoy growing plants there. They will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the tables or taking it indoors to enjoy dining. They will have fun playing chess outdoors in the air. The outdoors areas are so very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the rows of flowers and used the hedging fencing! The front fencing type looks great also. The flower boxes look very nice along the edges of the home.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath Life in the City is a gorgeous build, love the colours and textures you have used for the exterior. Love the layout plenty of room for the family and beautifully decorated as always. I hope you and your family are fairing ok with the blizzard. Hugs Folly
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

What a wonderful duplex! My dear friend @BreeMiles and I are working on a personal project and building duplex too! ItΒ΄s so funny!
    You made it very ellegant and cozy.
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Life in the City is absolute perfection Cath! The house is so pretty, love the colour combination you used for the exterior! And so glad to be able to take a closer look at the interiors here on the forum in your screenshots! Each of these rooms has such exceptional design! Love the coherence of styling and colour in each of them and then all the fun, creative touches you brought to them (eg, loving both of the dining tables! B) ). Brilliant job!
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    First off, the color and texture choices you chose for the exterior work really well with the landscaping and the brown stone design. Second, I like how you chose to use contrasting styles for each apartment (I personally have a taste for the more modern), especially the contrasting kitchens. Nice palette choice for the colors also!

5sXtTqH.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Love your new build Cath! Great roof work! I like the mix of traditional exterior with modern interiors. Works so well! Will be adding to my favourites. <3
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    So beautiful!!β™₯β™₯ Color palette is gorgeous. LOVE the little garden areas and the roof line is perfect.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    "Life In The City" is beautiful! The building looks very realistic and you can see that it is very old. I love your work. "Bats In The Belfry" is absolutely fantastic ! Beautiful rich interior design and a very nice building.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wow Cath!! Such an amazing duplex you have there!! It is so well furnished throughout and the exterior is just perfect!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    I apologize once again for my extreme lateness on responding to this thread... It seems like the winter doldrums just won't leave me this year. :/ We had another giant snowstorm on Friday into Saturday... like some kind of cruel April Fools joke. A foot of heavy, wet snow. BUT, today is Gorgeous! Sunny and fairly warm, giving me hope that Spring really is, just around the corner. :blush:

Thank you so very much for your wonderfully kind and supportive comments @rosemow, @follyfoot, @AIRIS6962, @Corwim, @Ash072, @yanti68, @Cassee, @Dels, @FaithofKaela and @Nejioranaid! I honestly do appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to stop by for a visit. Hugs :)<3<3<3