Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you HAVEN'T done in the Sims 4

MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 General Discussion
I'm curious to see what other people haven't done. In my game I have not:
- completed a single aspiration
- reach the top level of any career
- drowned a sim
- had an a grade student
- maxed more than 2 skills
- had a household with simoleons above 25k without cheats
- haven't hosted a toddler play date
- haven't had a sim die an emotional death
- been to sixam
- played the detective career
Post edited by MrMonty96 on

Comments

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Used the cupcake factory :tongue:

For real though, I haven't owned any restaurant or retail stores yet, tried out the herbalism skill and so much more :lol:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Owned or run a retail store. Not played a career as a scientist, detective or secrete agent. Completed the two Deviance aspirations. Completed a successful wedding (I've only eloped), Adopted a baby. Become a grandparent by birth (I've only used CAS). Used makeup in CAS. Built a commercial lot. Used pre made rooms to make a house.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I haven't brought a sim back to life via ambrosia yet. Actually, I haven't done that in TS3 either. Huh. I need to try that sometime.
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I haven't used the cupcake factory either, or tried out the detective career. I've never played with an elder sim, getting ready to do that for the first time here soon though.
  • dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
    i've never played with cheats off... now that i say it it sounds bad. just cause i get sick of having to look after my sims like they're babies i just want to full their needs and get on with the fun stuff
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    I haven't gone to a festival, played as an alien, or owned a retail store.
  • sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    There's a lot of things I'm yet to discover considering I sort of abandoned the Sims 4 for a while but one thing I've never done both in this game and previous ones is play as an alien, vampire or any other non-human life state. I think I maybe tried vampires out once in the Sims 3 but personally the supernatural aspect of the game isn't for me as much as I'm quite interested in that sort of thing outside the game. I do think that the different life states we get in packs seem fun and I suppose it's a tradition to have them in the Sims but I prefer sticking to realism. I might try it out one day though because I've seen so many fantastic gameplay images and stories within the community. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited March 2017
    I haven't:
    • Reached the top in almost any career
    • Run a restaurant
    • Run a retail store (other than brief playtesting)
    • Brought a ghost back to life
    • Given birth and raised triplets
    • Used the cloning machine
    • Found a way to Forgotten Grotto
    • Done any herbal potions
    • Completed almost any collections
    • Battled with the voidcritters
    • Experienced all death types
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I have yet to...
    - see a sim die or a child taken away
    - play as a ghost or an alien
    - have a male sim kidnapped and impregnated by Aliens
    - adopt a child
    - try out some of the traits and aspirations
    - max the fishing, dancing, mixing, fitness or any of the instrument skills
    - max all toddler or child skills before they grow up
    - go on vacation with more than one sim at a time
    - live in an apartment
    - write the book of life
    - have a teen romance
    - use the cow plant to its full potential (*cough*)
    - work in the detective career (but I won't until it's fixed)
    - play a sim with extreme body proportions (like extremely fat, thin, muscular, huge breats, etc.)
    - have a gay couple (which is a strange thing not to have for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hag like me)
    - experience a serious earthquake (unless they don't get any more serious than the ones I've had)
    - brew herb potions (even though I have two sims with that skill)
    - fully cure a disease (weird, I know, but they always seem to be sick no matter how much medicine I give them)
    - see a vampire break in (they do sometimes knock on the door at night, but never come in uninvited)
    - unlock all vampire powers
    - buy several of the minor expansions (including Dine Out, Backyard Stuff, etc.)
    - probably many more things that I don't even know about yet
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    I haven't gone to Sixam. I really should get on that.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I haven't gone to Sixam. I really should get on that.

It's worth the effort! At least for me it was.

I have still not:
    Played to more than the third generation
    Had a cowplant
    Been in the Oasis Springs secret location
    Played the medical career
    Had twins
    Revived a Sim
    Completed a collection
    Completed an ambition
    Had a costume party
    Managed a restaurant
    Cured a vampire
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    There's a lot I think:

Never finished medical or police careers in GTW
    Collected ALL of anything
    Advanced my Vampire to the highest level
    I haven't cured a Vampire yet (lucky for them- in my world that's terminal >:) )
    Completed the three new careers in CL
    Used the Keyboard in CL

Umm... nvm, I guess there not a lot- LOL Truly I haven't gone to the top of most skills except gardening, painting, dancing, DJing, and Photography.

That might be it- I really don't know- HA!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited March 2017
    Had a costume party

Now that you say it, I don't think I've ever had any party... I've been invited to a few birthday parties and nights on the town, but never organised one myself. Even though I've already created a café that's suitable for all kinds of outings, including weddings. I should get on with it already!

... Wait. I did have my own wedding party once. But it's not enough!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Since I only have BASE, there's a TON of things I can't/haven't done! :(

As far as BASE things are concerned:

- Travel into space (though I'm CURRENTLY building the rocketship)

- Fully complete a LTW

- Had MY Sim pregnant

- Gone on a date

- plant a garden/Cowplant (I can't even find ANY Cowplant seeds :bawling: )

- (I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited March 2017
    Until yesterday, I haven't played with aging off.
    Aside from that there is tons I haven't done because I only really started enjoying the game when tots came out now I have it in mind to do it all :D

ETA:

Forgot to list some of them:
    Haven't gotten my sims into fights

Haven't had affairs

Haven't let my sims play the field

Never did the doctor career

Or the detective career

Or most any of the other careers either

Haven't taken my sims out on dates

haven't been in the mine

Really there is a lot more that I haven't bothered with but will now!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • courtneysheacourtneyshea Posts: 57 Member
    Sims always surprise me and there are quite a few,

I haven't been to the hidden world in Oasis Springs
    I haven't run a restaurant
    I haven't had triplets
    I haven't ever mastered a child's social aspiration
    I have never made it to 10 generations in a game (PR is now, at 8)
    There are a couple careers and aspirations I haven't completed yet
    I have never mastered Mischief skill, or successfully had a mean or evil sim (in TS4)
    I haven't completed many collections

Still so much more to discover!

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Give a compliment to my game in private for crashing on me right before I decided to save has never been done before so cheers! :) .....#NeverBeenInAGoodMoodForAGoodOldGameCrash
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what other people haven't done. In my game i have yet to complete a single aspiration, reach the top level of any career, drowned a sim or had an a grade student

This past week is the first time one of my Sims explored space. And he doesn't have career in Science nor was he filling any aspiration goal. I put one in a park I built a long time ago, and anyone I sent there helped build it over time. I finally got around to making one finish it and off he went. There are all sorts of things I haven't done in TS4 but that's true for all the games in this series. It's years later by the time I get around to trying something they meant for us to do, because I never play the way or play everyday, or now, even once a month, so they all remain pretty fresh to me over the years, whether I meant for it to work out that way or not. I never had a hybrid child in any of the games. Like mixing vampire/werewolf and plantsim, lol etc.

I didn't play the witches in TS2 at all. Had barely started on one in TS3 when TS4 came out and haven't went back to that save since I switch pcs. In TS4 the other month is the first time I found the hermit lady.

I haven't finished all the potions in that GP, nor have I finished any aspiration, or any career other than the GTW careers, but not the science career, not gotten all the reward perks, nor finished most of the 'to do tasks' after their work hours, or gotten any kid to finish to do list in homework, played any premade, married any townie, nor visited two of the hidden worlds< no interest, been to the alien world, invited over aliens, though I did play an alien, had any Sims on lot die and or play their ghost.

Haven't killed off any townies with Enrage by vampires, gotten any skill sets of any skills over number five level, (except cooking but not in cooking career or aspiration) haven't explored or visited all venues, in any GP or EP, and on and on. I'm not really a player that would do 'to do lists' and goals at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    Hmm...
    1. I have never had a Sim in the criminal career.
    2. I have never maxed out the mischief skill or the herbalism skill.
    3. I have never given my Sims the evil,childish,hot headed,hates children,insane,kleptomaniac,mean,slob,lazy,or non-commital traits. (I've played with Sims with those traits but they were either randomly generated Sims or Sims who aged up while I wasn't playing with them.)

I'm sure there is more but I can't think of any at the moment. I really would like to explore more aspects of the game at some point though :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Wow, i need to add to my list, there are a ton of things i haven't done!
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Some of the things that I haven't done in Sims 4 include:
    - Played a Sim with a Family, Romantic, or Popularity aspiration;
    - Played a toddler;
    - Used the adoption option;
    - Ordered pizza;
    - Run a retail business or a restaurant;
    - Had a decent social event because someone either dies or flirts with the wrong person.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    There's a lot of stuff I haven't used in the game. I've never used the cupcake factory, any photography content, plenty of careers, plenty of aspirstions, plenty of traits (never used a single reward trait), never used the gender options, I don't use mischief interactions, nor have I used the voodoo doll.

Honestly there's probably more. The Sims 4 has a lot of stuff that I am simply not interested in. This isn't uncommon for a sandbox game where you're given tools and content that you are free to use at your own discretion. The Sims 4 doesn't offer an even mix though, IMO a lot of its content is skewed into the immature category. Mischief is one of the most unappealing aspects IMO.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    1. Completed every collection.
    2. Camped out at Granite Falls (soon to be rectified).
    3. Completed a Family aspiration.
    4. Completed a Social aspiration.
    5. Completed a Food aspiration.
    6. Played a sim from cradle to grave.
    7. Gotten to the top of every career.
    8. Gotten every achievement.
    9. Gotten the prestige awards for every party type (I usually play them in the goal-free mode).
    10. Seen a sim die of emotions in my own game.

...Yeah, I've still got stuff to do...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    - plant a garden/Cowplant (I can't even find ANY Cowplant seeds :bawling: )
    @5782341b77vl I heard you can find them while fishing at Sylvan Glades, which is a hidden lot in Willow Creek. Here is a guide to finding it:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/worlds/sylvanglade.php

Things that I haven't done yet:
    Never used the photo studio, never had a Sim enter the Detective or Doctor active careers, never went to Sixam (but my scientist is getting closer to that achievement every day!), never had a Sim die of old age (despite having more than 550 hours of playtime :D ), never had a grown cowplant (although an alien Sim I have is currently growing one), never had a baker or mixer Sim, never completed most of the aspirations, never actually used the advanced gender options, never made a Sim based on a real-life person, RARELY made a good looking male Sim.
    And a whole bunch of other things. Still so much to do. I never had a gardener Sim either, just one time the female counterpart of Don Lothario had a little carrot "farm" to have a hobby besides writing and woohooing.
  • LivstmeLivstme Posts: 47 Member
    I've never used any negative traits or gone into the criminal career, but I want to test these out in my current save