Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creative Ways to Make Money!

Hey there, crazy kids!

Spurred on by another discussion about townie finances, and reminded about how moving a townie into your household brings in $20k, it occurred to me that's a really easy way to make money. Ask a townie to move-in, then have them leave. Instant 20k! Repeat as necessary! :D

What are some non-traditional ways to make money that you use? And have you ever exploited townies for their money like explained above? Or will you try it now?
Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I had Sims marry into rich families such as the Landgraabs or Goths just for the purpose of getting their money. Just marry, then move in, then enjoy the wealth.

And if you've got GTW, you can always use the cloning machine to get whatever you want *infinity and forever.
    Like money (clone expensive objects), full needs (clone Need Fixer serums), emotions (clone emotion reward potions) and even immortality (clone potion of youth). Just remember to always keep a backup ready, one of those clonable items should never be consumed.
    This is how my scientist got his earliest money, and the immortality for his wife and him.
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Make sure you make a slob and move in seven more. Get the futuristic trashcan and drag everything to it.
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    I have my sims paint and write books for money.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Hey there, crazy kids!

Spurred on by another discussion about townie finances, and reminded about how moving a townie into your household brings in $20k, it occurred to me that's a really easy way to make money. Ask a townie to move-in, then have them leave. Instant 20k! Repeat as necessary! :D

What are some non-traditional ways to make money that you use? And have you ever exploited townies for their money like explained above? Or will you try it now?

I thought the same thing when I read the thread.

I usually sell what I garden:

- UFO Plant Seed = $120/each
    - Cowberry = $100
    - Glow Orb = $ 100
    - Quill Fruit = $100
    - Dragon Fruit = $80
    - Blackberries = $55
    - Fang Flower = $ 50
    - Sixam Mosquito Plant = $50

Other plant seeds have lesser amounts.

;

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I love the idea of cloning objects and selling them. I think hacking (on computer) gives money, too.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    I just use money cheats. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    My Sim works as professional DJ in which he lives on his tips alone and it is pretty good money. He also makes money with his hobby of photography. He likes to takes selfies with all the people he is with. Some he will even photograph and he makes pretty good money off of that. So there is no keeping things discreet because for the most part if he selling a photo of you, then everyone in town knows where you have been...LOL

He does have commitment issues but if one his flings wants to take further, he will accommodate them. Every now and then he does find one he really likes and is will to give the whole commitment thing a try and is faithful for a little while after they move in, but it never lasts long.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Painting and writing books are my go to money makers.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If you have the yard sale table you can make crazy amounts of money on baked goods.

If your Sim has high level mixology, you can make a lot selling the drinks in your inventory. I assume that you can also sell them on the table too, but I haven't tried it.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I created a painting club called Pixel Perfect, & they all meet at my Sims house. Everyone paints & my Sim collects the profits from their paintings. Very quick way to make money with a club of 8 painters.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I just use money cheats. :p

I'm guilty too. I'm after that lovely-looking cottage in Windenburg.

• B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Cloning the vampire cure about ten to twenty times is my preferred method currently.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Marry the rich sims then drown them. Then you own the money and the house :yum:
    giphy_1.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If you have the yard sale table you can make crazy amounts of money on baked goods.

If your Sim has high level mixology, you can make a lot selling the drinks in your inventory. I assume that you can also sell them on the table too, but I haven't tried it.

Where do you find this yard sale table - I have not heard of it. Please @ me with your answer - thanks
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Mine spend nearly all of their free time collecting, digging rocks & frogs mainly, but also harvesting the wild plants, fishing & using the telescope for space prints.
    Gallery ID: LDM2

Where do you find this yard sale table - I have not heard of it. Please @ me with your answer - thanks

@catmando830 It came with city living. If have CL and use the filters, you can find it a lot quicker. If memory serves, it looks a lot like that camping table that came with OR but with a sigh on it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member

@catmando830 It's called the " Come and Get It Street Store ". It's in Buy, category Activity and Skills - Misc.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

@catmando830 It came with city living. If have CL and use the filters, you can find it a lot quicker. If memory serves, it looks a lot like that camping table that came with OR but with a sigh on it.
    mebagl15 wrote: »

@catmando830 It's called the " Come and Get It Street Store ". It's in Buy, category Activity and Skills - Misc.

Thank you both. I don't always have time to explore all the game has to offer. Between 2 jobs and my new love of hiking, there isn't always as much time for gaming.
  • dollfaedollfae Posts: 66 Member
    i like to use the sim ray to transform cheap objects into more expensive objects then sell them
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    dollfae wrote: »
    i like to use the sim ray to transform cheap objects into more expensive objects then sell them

That's what I used to do with my Scientist!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    done pretty much all of what the others have mentioned, but the biggest one for me has been cloning and selling an ambrosia one of my sims made that is worth almost 16000 simoleons. that thing is just amazing.

i do have certain sim households that get their money in different ways. like 'hacker girl' who...gets her money by hacking (and entering game tournaments). and a klepto sim who steals stuff from lots and work, uses the simray to transform some of them, and sells the expensive stuff (unless he thinks it looks good in the house. then it stays).
    I also once had my sim work his way to be a high class gigolo. I can't remember if it was TS2 or TS3. Which ever one in which you could get referral so to speak from someone you had went out on date with.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    Hey there, crazy kids!

I steal from others gardens or klepto their belongings. The game needs more scheming, I am happy to provide this service.
  • jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    I also once had my sim work his way to be a high class gigolo. I can't remember if it was TS2 or TS3. Which ever one in which you could get referral so to speak from someone you had went out on date with.

Yesss!!! The woohooer and kama simtra mod. Love it
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    What's the highest amount to borrow or steal from an NPC sim? Is it all random?